not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

cutting off

25 Nov 2019, 18:07

steve1873 wrote:
redneck wrote:When the frame is complete and ready to be bagged up that is when you should have the 'conversation' with the screws.

Typical example, after finding lino eventually

' I am not going to be able complete today'

'But we only have 46000 items across the office today, it's quiet'

'I am not going to be able to complete today by the finish time, I know my duty, what can you do to help me?'

'I'll have to count the items on the frame'

'Fine, I'll have to leave or bring back more'

Later

'Mmm, I've counted the attendance calls on your duty and you can complete'

'I don't agree, what time shall I phone up to let you know if I can complete or not? (still 100% sure it won't all be delivered, but it has to all be taken out as per procedure)'

'You can complete this duty'

'Give me a time'

'You can complete'

'Give me a time to phone you'

'12.30 (grumpily)'

This is a shortened version, you can go around in circles repeating all these points ad nauseam sometimes

After a few episodes of this they often arrange for some of your delivery to be taken by someone else before you leave or they stream parcels. The whole process is farcical and based on their blind faith in their ability to push you around at busier times so the office is cleared. Newer staff are easy meat and sometimes don't even claim 'docket' they are entitled to when they inevitably overrun, they are actively discouraged. We have sunk to new lows in management/worker engagement.

This is textbook how to handle the Overrunning Delivery Procedure!

You spend that much time arguing the case you just end up bringing even more back.

cutting off

27 Nov 2019, 17:32

steve1873 wrote:
redneck wrote:When the frame is complete and ready to be bagged up that is when you should have the 'conversation' with the screws.

Typical example, after finding lino eventually

' I am not going to be able complete today'

'But we only have 46000 items across the office today, it's quiet'

'I am not going to be able to complete today by the finish time, I know my duty, what can you do to help me?'

'I'll have to count the items on the frame'

'Fine, I'll have to leave or bring back more'

Later

'Mmm, I've counted the attendance calls on your duty and you can complete'

'I don't agree, what time shall I phone up to let you know if I can complete or not? (still 100% sure it won't all be delivered, but it has to all be taken out as per procedure)'

'You can complete this duty'

'Give me a time'

'You can complete'

'Give me a time to phone you'

'12.30 (grumpily)'

This is a shortened version, you can go around in circles repeating all these points ad nauseam sometimes

After a few episodes of this they often arrange for some of your delivery to be taken by someone else before you leave or they stream parcels. The whole process is farcical and based on their blind faith in their ability to push you around at busier times so the office is cleared. Newer staff are easy meat and sometimes don't even claim 'docket' they are entitled to when they inevitably overrun, they are actively discouraged. We have sunk to new lows in management/worker engagement.

This is textbook how to handle the Overrunning Delivery Procedure!

This is exactly how it goes in our office ,I say Iam not prepared to stay out though .It's funny how they never answer the phone or takes ages to answer wtf are they so busy doing .

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2