not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

cutting off

07 Nov 2019, 18:54

What can be done about intimidating remarks like the Dom saying don't be defeatest? Is this response ok?

cutting off

07 Nov 2019, 18:59

Dindin wrote:What can be done about intimidating remarks like the Dom saying don't be defeatest? Is this response ok?

Say exactly the same to him when you plonk your cut offs on his desk when you get back from your delivery.

cutting off

07 Nov 2019, 19:25

chickenwittle wrote:
Dindin wrote:What can be done about intimidating remarks like the Dom saying don't be defeatest? Is this response ok?

Say exactly the same to him when you plonk your cut offs on his desk when you get back from your delivery.

Brilliant! Of course you can’t bring stuff back so I am told you shouldn’t take it out in the first place under this archaic system,our boss can’t grasp this concept under the you finished early one day so you can work for free today??this is a sorry state of how deliverihave become,and would be even worse if we did it correctly and by the book,safely securely and correct system takes far too long,

cutting off

07 Nov 2019, 19:28

...don't be defeatist...just cut-off and get it in writing, like a certificate for non-defeatist workers...you WINNER you! :dance

cutting off

08 Nov 2019, 12:56

You can bring it back so long as you contact a manager prior to returning to the office with the mail.

cutting off

10 Nov 2019, 20:10

awesomepenguin wrote:You can bring it back so long as you contact a manager prior to returning to the office with the mail.

What fun that is,having a conversation with the boss on the phone as he tells you times that you’ve finished previously and have the trial by pda debarkle,sick of how this policy is interpreted from office to office,and what some managers think they can pressure and ridicule you into getting stuff done

cutting off

10 Nov 2019, 21:36

One don't listen to the parasites that live off yours and my backs tell them to earn their bonus with their own work efforts ie planning jobs that can be achieved not envisioned in their greedy minds for their own ends!

cutting off

11 Nov 2019, 09:36

OPG: I may have to cut off.
DOM: Don't be so negative.
OPG: OK. I'm positive that I am
cutting off.

cutting off

11 Nov 2019, 11:44

Marshamp11 wrote:OPG: I may have to cut off.
cutting off.

:thumbup NICE!

cutting off

11 Nov 2019, 22:50

Marshamp11 wrote:OPG: I may have to cut off.
cutting off.

Brilliant!,

cutting off

Yesterday, 17:35

When the frame is complete and ready to be bagged up that is when you should have the 'conversation' with the screws.

Typical example, after finding lino eventually

' I am not going to be able complete today'

'But we only have 46000 items across the office today, it's quiet'

'I am not going to be able to complete today by the finish time, I know my duty, what can you do to help me?'

'I'll have to count the items on the frame'

'Fine, I'll have to leave or bring back more'

Later

'Mmm, I've counted the attendance calls on your duty and you can complete'

'I don't agree, what time shall I phone up to let you know if I can complete or not? (still 100% sure it won't all be delivered, but it has to all be taken out as per procedure)'

'You can complete this duty'

'Give me a time'

'You can complete'

'Give me a time to phone you'

'12.30 (grumpily)'

This is a shortened version, you can go around in circles repeating all these points ad nauseam sometimes

After a few episodes of this they often arrange for some of your delivery to be taken by someone else before you leave or they stream parcels. The whole process is farcical and based on their blind faith in their ability to push you around at busier times so the office is cleared. Newer staff are easy meat and sometimes don't even claim 'docket' they are entitled to when they inevitably overrun, they are actively discouraged. We have sunk to new lows in management/worker engagement.

cutting off

Yesterday, 18:15

robbertwhitton wrote:
awesomepenguin wrote:You can bring it back so long as you contact a manager prior to returning to the office with the mail.

What fun that is,having a conversation with the boss on the phone as he tells you times that you’ve finished previously and have the trial by pda debarkle,sick of how this policy is interpreted from office to office,and what some managers think they can pressure and ridicule you into getting stuff done

Regardless of what any policy says you have a legalally binding contract of employment - you work to your finish time if you want to. Simple as that. If the manager disagrees ask him to put that in writing - see how quickly they back down.

cutting off

Yesterday, 18:56

awesomepenguin wrote:
robbertwhitton wrote:

Regardless of what any policy says you have a legalally binding contract of employment - you work to your finish time if you want to. Simple as that. If the manager disagrees ask him to put that in writing - see how quickly they back down.

...it must be recorded, in writing and you are entitled to a copy...hence certification of your heroic stance and their bullying mindset. Any precedent for how many in a week?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1