not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Vauxhall Combos

03 Nov 2019, 21:43

Seymour Buts wrote:I'm a short arse (5"8) and I love the combos. All in our fleet are years older than the Fiats, Vauxhalls or Peugeots and run far better. They shift too if you put your boot down.

If 5" 8 is considered a short arse I'm well screwed lol

Vauxhall Combos

04 Nov 2019, 08:19

postieblueshirt wrote:
Seymour Buts wrote:I'm a short arse (5"8) and I love the combos. All in our fleet are years older than the Fiats, Vauxhalls or Peugeots and run far better. They shift too if you put your boot down.

If 5" 8 is considered a short arse I'm well screwed lol
The Vauxhall’s are better for reliability, but very low on the floor, at 5ft 8 you am hardly small I,m 5ft 4.

Vauxhall Combos

05 Nov 2019, 04:18

itinerant wrote:
leolion855 wrote:Be careful what you wish for, All ours have gone and replaced with Doblos which keep needing attention..

This! We have a few Fiat Doblos and the DPF Regeneration light comes on frequently so you have to lift the bonnet and initiate the DPF process and wait for 10 mins while it clears. It always seems to happen on a busy day too :arrrghhh Don't have the same problem with the Peugeots or Vauxhalls.

No need to lift bonnet to start the dpf cleaning process.

Vauxhall Combos

05 Nov 2019, 12:22

postieaw11 wrote:
itinerant wrote:
leolion855 wrote:Be careful what you wish for, All ours have gone and replaced with Doblos which keep needing attention..

This! We have a few Fiat Doblos and the DPF Regeneration light comes on frequently so you have to lift the bonnet and initiate the DPF process and wait for 10 mins while it clears. It always seems to happen on a busy day too :arrrghhh Don't have the same problem with the Peugeots or Vauxhalls.

No need to lift bonnet to start the dpf cleaning process.

It is recommended to do so, I'm assuming it's to dissipate the gases produced during
the process rather than them being drawn into the vehicle cab.

Vauxhall Combos

08 Nov 2019, 17:50

God the Fiats are awful.

You'd think Royal Mail would test vehicles properly before rolling them out to the entire fleet. We've had nothing but issues with ours.

And as for the DPF regen, they tell you to turn the engine off at every stop to prevent idling, then you spend 10 minutes each day idling on high RPM cause they filters are clogged full of s**t... couldn't make it up.

Vauxhall Combos

08 Nov 2019, 18:16

Doblos are crap always need regen can't believe what joker thought these were a good idea, they drive ok but to turn you need the area the size of football pitch Peugeot's are good but lock break easy, combos too but low only for young people
transits are good

Vauxhall Combos

08 Nov 2019, 18:42

What do we think of the bippers?

Vauxhall Combos

09 Nov 2019, 19:39

leolion855 wrote:What do we think of the bippers?

Crap, they've got bugger all loadspace. The doblos are better loadspace wise but yeah the DPF is a pain in the arse! If they were petrol they might be better.

None of the vans are any good really, not that I've driven anyway unless my office just has crap vans!

Vauxhall Combos

09 Nov 2019, 20:01

The best Van's I've driven was the old transits. All gone now in my office replaced by sh*t Peugeot's. We even got a 18 plate big Peugeot and to close the side door you need to open the passenger door first :left:

Vauxhall Combos

10 Nov 2019, 14:30

The best van I had was a Sherpa with a sliding door and a jelly suspension loved it it was a death trap in the winter, if it snowed you were sliding all over the place as it was a rear wheel drive :shock: :shock: :chuckle :chuckle

Vauxhall Combos

12 Nov 2019, 16:50

Awful. I'm over 6' tall and getting in and out of them constantly can get tiresome, plus the driving position is awful. I previously worked in an office with mainly Pug Partners and they were pretty comfy and spacious.
I will say the Combos do have decent engines - I believe they're Fiat Multijet units - they can shift if you put your foot down.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2