not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

LAT after a year

09 Oct 2019, 06:16

So I was one of the part timers that luckily got a temporary full time contract. To the people who do LATs, how are you finding them a year later?

For me, it started with no more than 10 parcels last year but shot up to 20 after a few months and now is floating around 30/40 parcels. Most I've ever had is 64 parcels which I'm allocated 4:30 hours to do them which most of the time it's impossible.

Also do other LAT drivers have a dedicated van for this job?

LAT after a year

09 Oct 2019, 16:28

Afromayn wrote:So I was one of the part timers that luckily got a temporary full time contract. To the people who do LATs, how are you finding them a year later?

For me, it started with no more than 10 parcels last year but shot up to 20 after a few months and now is floating around 30/40 parcels. Most I've ever had is 64 parcels which I'm allocated 4:30 hours to do them which most of the time it's impossible.

Jeez 64 in 4 hrs! taking off loading route plan time. When we used to do packets in the old days the required rate was 20/hr and that was a local area. How big is your lat area. Ours is about 60 miles end to end as the crow flies , so 64 would be an absolute joke.

LAT after a year

09 Oct 2019, 17:08

rambo1 wrote:Jeez 64 in 4 hrs! taking off loading route plan time. When we used to do packets in the old days the required rate was 20/hr and that was a local area. How big is your lat area. Ours is about 60 miles end to end as the crow flies , so 64 would be an absolute joke.

I'm in Nottingham and I have to cover 8 postcodes so I would probably do about 80 miles. My problem is the hours they allocate me to do them. I'm supposed to start them at 14:30 until 19:00 and I've told my manager even doing 30 parcels starting at that time isn't achievable. There's 2 postcodes where I have to be out that area by 3 otherwise I'll be stuck in traffic.

I don't mind doing them but my gripe is that it's clearly picking up and my office still won't get a dedicated van for me and my other colleague who do them between us. On a Wednesday, we'd be lucky to get a van for 13:30.

LAT after a year

09 Oct 2019, 18:01

These accounts show that the new parcel strategy is never going to work unless they employ a lot more delivery staff which RM are often loathe to do.

LAT after a year

09 Oct 2019, 18:31

It varies in my office from 4-35 and anything in between. Have less than 10 is great as it takes about an hour

LAT after a year

09 Oct 2019, 22:01

Parcel rate is 17 per hour.

LAT after a year

10 Oct 2019, 00:41

Afromayn wrote:So I was one of the part timers that luckily got a temporary full time contract. To the people who do LATs, how are you finding them a year later?

No dedicated van. LAT's vs Afternoon Collections vs Parcel o/t van fight. Plenty of vans, its just everyone wants a van without a tracker especially the LAT guys.

It started off as one LAT duty each day getting maybe 0-4 parcels for the first couple of months. Then it started hitting 15+ and then we got 2 lats duties each day.
Parcels numbers vary between 25 - 75 now. Probably 45 on average. Any of the far away ones usually get failed weekdays as too much traffic & parcels. Saturdays are usually lighter for traffic & parcels and always get cleared. I've spoken to other lat offices and they say they almost always get cleared.

Our furthermost points are roughly 3hrs roundtrip with no traffic. Our lats are 4hours (3hr 40min + 20 min break).

We used to do all the closer parcels and only do the further away ones if we had time. Now we go the list sheet and dont even take any parcel that isnt on the sheet. Today we had 33 on the sheet but an extra 19 came in. All 19 extra were companies that signed up to the lats but werent on the list. We only took the 33 and we both finished with about 5 min to spare. For months they've talked about putting an extra LAT on or taking away the 3 postcode areas we constantly fail.

Our manager wants us to be a parcel Hub for the new strategy. He thinks all it will take is a few extra bodies :crazy: :crazy:

LAT after a year

10 Oct 2019, 05:56

I get 2 hrs 45 to do them. Cause some of the time was taken off to come in 30 minutes earlier each day to prep my walk. Crazy. We usually have 20+ furthest point is 55 minutes away.

LAT after a year

10 Oct 2019, 20:44

I get 4 hours, twice a week, putting me up to 38hours. Cover about 30 square miles. Usually get between 5-30 per day, but if its quiet we get given oversize packets off other walks that couldn't complete. Often get given a bit of mail if it's quiet, almost always get given missed parcels that for whatever reason didn't go out with the allocated walk.

I've never failed any lat packets, although a few times I've failed tracked as I've run out of time. Although most of the time I'm done before my time.

I use the same van that I use on delivery.

Still enjoying it after 1 year. Gets a bit frustrating sat in traffic, and when you can't find the named house or firm that you're looking for, but it is what it is. The route planner could do with some serious tweaking. It doesn't have any address info on new builds, cant find firms, cant find named houses, doesn't know about road closures, and doesn't factor in traffic data.

LAT after a year

10 Oct 2019, 22:22

I do LAT duties. We cover 5 post code areas. Not sure of total area by miles. If we get more than we can manage in the allotted time we are offered the option of more pay, until your finish. SA of course. Or, someone takes some off you. Most I've had was 38. With scanning in, route plan scanning it's impossible with the distances we cover. that day I booked another 45 minutes.

LAT after a year

10 Oct 2019, 23:37

In our office, we get anything from 8 to 18 across seven postcode areas. Nice little duty to start with as it wasn’t really a duty to start with, just do six hour days from 13:00 (30h contract), always overtime to work your day off if you fancied because they never rostered cover on the day off. Then they revised the duty back in July so it became in the mix with the other part time duties so anyone really does it now and I took up a full time vacancy. I always thought it was going to increase (which it looks it will) or die completely. One thing I did learn is that the companies sending the items don’t pay any extra tariff for the parcels, just the standard rate so I don’t see how it makes much money, not when you can do 100 miles plus in the six hours.

LAT after a year

11 Oct 2019, 20:16

trainzy wrote:In our office, we get anything from 8 to 18 across seven postcode areas. Nice little duty to start with as it wasn’t really a duty to start with, just do six hour days from 13:00 (30h contract), always overtime to work your day off if you fancied because they never rostered cover on the day off. Then they revised the duty back in July so it became in the mix with the other part time duties so anyone really does it now and I took up a full time vacancy. I always thought it was going to increase (which it looks it will) or die completely. One thing I did learn is that the companies sending the items don’t pay any extra tariff for the parcels, just the standard rate so I don’t see how it makes much money, not when you can do 100 miles plus in the six hours.

The customer pays a premium for next day delivery. It's Tracked 24, so it's like a Special Delivery.

LAT after a year

11 Oct 2019, 20:22

silverbullit wrote:Parcel rate is 17 per hour.

Or what,you get the push?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1