not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

Being sent back out to deliver LAT's

08 Oct 2019, 16:09

What's the union's position on this? Lately (especially Tuesdays) when we get back we are being asked to take LAT's out to deliver on our way home, now correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there extra hours for the delivery of these? Have the union agreed that these can be used to fill up your working day if you have completed your duty early?

08 Oct 2019, 16:47

If it's on your way home and no one is in,are you supposed to keep it in your van overnight and take it back to your office in the morning?

08 Oct 2019, 16:52

Don't think you're supposed to deliver parcels "on your way home" unless you go home in a royal mail van, as far as point two is concerned though and sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but I can't see the union putting up much of a fight about you going home early rather than working up to your time !

08 Oct 2019, 17:14

in our office the lats shift is being used to deliver normal packets, it's every day, sometimes lats are cut off to get the normal packets delivered.

08 Oct 2019, 17:29

You are not insured to deliver parcels/mail unless in a Royal Mail vehicle. Presumably you have signed out as 'finished' that day too?

08 Oct 2019, 18:14

you mean you have been using your own car to deliver them and by the sound off it you have ???? :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :shock: :shock: i could be wrong appologies if i am :Very Happy

08 Oct 2019, 18:26

fed_up_postie wrote:What's the union's position on this? Lately (especially Tuesdays) when we get back we are being asked to take LAT's out to deliver on our way home, now correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there extra hours for the delivery of these? Have the union agreed that these can be used to fill up your working day if you have completed your duty early?

How do You deliver on Your way home? By bike? own car? Or Royal Mail vehicle?

08 Oct 2019, 18:34

I do hope people being sent back out come back to office and then finish at the proper time, sign out etc.

Sounds like managers are dangling a carrot to let you finish before your scheduled time.

08 Oct 2019, 19:04

maisymoo04 wrote:you mean you have been using your own car to deliver them and by the sound off it you have ???? :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :shock: :shock: i could be wrong appologies if i am :Very Happy

I accept your apology as no I haven't used my own car as I dont use my car to commute to and from work I cycle, but many people in our office have used their cars, I refuse to take them out

08 Oct 2019, 19:26

fed_up_postie wrote: What's the union's position on this?

It's not a Union concern. We have a contract with RM and they are entitled to ask you to do anything we're trained to do that complies with H&S within that contract time. Job and finish is gone but lots of people, certainly in my office think it's not.

fed_up_postie wrote: I refuse to take them out

Which is the correct thing to do if you're being asked to go over your time or use your own personal vehicle but be aware of the "reasonable instruction" phrase. Say you finish an hour early and they ask you to take out 20mins of mail near the office. Refusal in a case like that could see you suspended.

08 Oct 2019, 21:21

97gaz wrote:
fed_up_postie wrote: What's the union's position on this?

It's not a Union concern. We have a contract with RM and they are entitled to ask you to do anything we're trained to do that complies with H&S within that contract time. Job and finish is gone but lots of people, certainly in my office think it's not.

fed_up_postie wrote: I refuse to take them out

Which is the correct thing to do if you're being asked to go over your time or use your own personal vehicle but be aware of the "reasonable instruction" phrase. Say you finish an hour early and they ask you to take out 20mins of mail near the office. Refusal in a case like that could see you suspended.

If I'm back early and I'm asked to take mail out in the van I dont refuse! I've been in the job long enough to know this is a case for suspension! What I refuse is to do LAT's on my way home using my own transportation! As for it not being a union concern our union rep was telling us we were NOT to touch LAT's unless being asked to do them on overtime as they have separate hours for them

08 Oct 2019, 22:10

fed_up_postie wrote: As for it not being a union concern our union rep was telling us we were NOT to touch LAT's unless being asked to do them on overtime as they have separate hours for them

I'm not trying to be confrontational here. If my Dom asked me to take some LATS out in an RM vehicle within my duty time then I would feel I couldn't refuse. I can't see how the union have a say in it. I am employed by RM to do anything that I'm trained to do safely. I would have to consider it a reasonable instruction.

08 Oct 2019, 23:22

fed_up_postie wrote:What's the union's position on this? Lately (especially Tuesdays) when we get back we are being asked to take LAT's out to deliver on our way home, now correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there extra hours for the delivery of these? Have the union agreed that these can be used to fill up your working day if you have completed your duty early?

Do your LAT's come in before your finish time? Our posties finish 30min before the LAT's arrive so its not possible for them to do any LAT's.

Like others have said if you finish early, its not unreasonable for management to ask you to do extra up until ur finishing time.

"On the way home" :crazy: Maybe get away with a letter that can get posted but even that seems dodgy if says address is inaccessible, dog @ large etc. Doesnt matter what any manager says, you dont ever ever leave any type of mail in the van. Not at the delivery office and especially never ever at home. IB or Quality would do YOU if ever caught. And never use your own vehicle as you are not insured. Imagine getting pulled over by the police and getting done for driving without the correct insurance.

09 Oct 2019, 18:45

The LAT delivery staff royal mail have employed in my area of work have very little work they have been asked to put door to doors in the frame for the following day.

09 Oct 2019, 19:00

It's posts like this that annoy me. You are paid up until a certain time, so if there is time in your duty and managers says so you do it. Would you pay someone to sit at home on their backside doing nothing if it was your business. You need to stop thinking it's job and finish, those days are gone, now just work till your time and stop moaning about it. If you don't like it then go and work in your local factory and see how many days you can go home early.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2