not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

d2d s

06 Oct 2019, 20:01

has everyone revived a joint letter from cwu and rm regarding delivery
or rather lack of delivery of d2d s and the plan of action and meetings regarding this

d2d s

06 Oct 2019, 20:58

nope

d2d s

06 Oct 2019, 21:10

No, but we have had increased pressure put on us by the lino to ensure none are left in the frame after Saturday's delivery and also none dumped in their office. Apparently the amount of returns had reached 'unacceptable' levels! They must have had some kind of directive from walnut row.

d2d s

06 Oct 2019, 23:03

montana banana wrote:has everyone revived a joint letter from cwu and rm regarding delivery
or rather lack of delivery of d2d s and the plan of action and meetings regarding this

Sounds like a problem specific to your own DO regarding local problems.

d2d s

07 Oct 2019, 05:24

Yes lots of noise from our DOMS about the ''unacceptable numbers'' of excess items.

I really don't see that D2D's are the great financial money maker that RM claim they are... RM say that delivering only one first class item of mail to a house is unprofitable, so surely it's even more so if that one item is only a D2D? But to deliver your 20% a day means there are plenty of addresses you're going to with just a D2D and nothing else.

d2d s

07 Oct 2019, 16:08

wacko74 wrote:Yes lots of noise from our DOMS about the ''unacceptable numbers'' of excess items.

I really don't see that D2D's are the great financial money maker that RM claim they are... RM say that delivering only one first class item of mail to a house is unprofitable, so surely it's even more so if that one item is only a D2D? But to deliver your 20% a day means there are plenty of addresses you're going to with just a D2D and nothing else.

Depends what your local policy is - in all the local offices I work in, you put in at least a sixth per day, but you only deliver where you're going with mail.

d2d s

07 Oct 2019, 16:16

montana banana wrote:has everyone revived a joint letter from cwu and rm regarding delivery

You've been flagged up as a high impact office. Glasgow's finest Done Corleone impressionist is doing the rounds at the moment kicking names and taking ass or something like that.

I won't name names but most of the senior guys know who I'm talking about.

d2d s

07 Oct 2019, 16:30

yellowbelly wrote:
wacko74 wrote:Yes lots of noise from our DOMS about the ''unacceptable numbers'' of excess items.

Depends what your local policy is - in all the local offices I work in, you put in at least a sixth per day, but you only deliver where you're going with mail.

how does that work then? do you just pull out the D2Ds where you have mail for? that's going to be a pain in the arse when the frame is nearly all double slots.

d2d s

07 Oct 2019, 16:34

daveyeff wrote:
yellowbelly wrote:

how does that work then? do you just pull out the D2Ds where you have mail for? that's going to be a pain in the arse when the frame is nearly all double slots.

Except in the situation you describe of course.......the regulars around here are fortunate to have their frames set up with the majority as single slots......

d2d s

07 Oct 2019, 16:47

I prep into frame 1/6th and take out 1/6th regardless if I have mail for an address or not. I already go over my time and book without D2Ds so they just create more overtime so I do them to RM methods because its the most time consuming way to do them. There rules not mine.

d2d s

07 Oct 2019, 16:52

Marshamp11 wrote:I prep into frame 1/6th and take out 1/6th regardless if I have mail for an address or not. I already go over my time and book without D2Ds so they just create more overtime so I do them to RM methods because its the most time consuming way to do them. There rules not mine.

Yes I do pretty much the same, resulting in me booking approx 15 minutes a day extra for 1 set of D2D's, more if there are 2,3 ,4 sets... like I said I really don't think D2D's are as profitable as they like to think they are.

d2d s

07 Oct 2019, 16:59

No one who delivers is keen on them, but without them there will be even more hours taken out of your office.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1