not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Royal mail staff received fines at Royal mail staff parking

11 Sep 2019, 08:52

It's a great wonder why some staff of Royal mail in Ilford were issued with parking fines at the Royal mail staff parking.
My vehicle with registration number ( POSTMAN edit )was on the 6/4/2019 issued with a fine of 130.00 for parking at the Royal mail staff parking area.
All efforts to stop this unfortunate situation have proved fruitless. Royal mail deducted the fine for my pay.What a shame.
Thomas

11 Sep 2019, 12:42

You were fined for parking in staff carpark, why? Were you in at work at the time ?

11 Sep 2019, 13:43

seems to me theres some other factors left out, or this is highly unusual and probably illegal

11 Sep 2019, 14:08

Akwasiwiafea15 wrote:It's a great wonder why some staff of Royal mail in Ilford were issued with parking fines at the Royal mail staff parking.
My vehicle with registration number ( POSTMAN edit )was on the 6/4/2019 issued with a fine of 130.00 for parking at the Royal mail staff parking area.
All efforts to stop this unfortunate situation have proved fruitless. Royal mail deducted the fine for my pay.What a shame.
Thomas

this cant be right

11 Sep 2019, 14:11

Fine deducted from your pay?

Even the police/council need to get a court order to allow them to do so.

11 Sep 2019, 14:14

Having quickly used google maps to look where the DO is. It looks like its very close to the town centre. Were you parking their whilst not on shift of avoid having to pay for parking?

11 Sep 2019, 14:44

themailman wrote:Fine deducted from your pay?

sounds to me like it got to a court order and he had deductions from earnings.

11 Sep 2019, 15:34

Postie45 wrote:
themailman wrote:Fine deducted from your pay?

sounds to me like it got to a court order and he had deductions from earnings.

As a last resort, yes. But there must be more to this story.

Could it be the parking was unofficially RM 'staff parking', except it was owned by a council?

It would take quite a few steps for RM to be taking money out of peoples wages in way of a fine.

12 Sep 2019, 11:06

Using street view there is a council car park across the street which you have to pay for I eoulf think.

Then in the actual DO grounds, there are 3 signs, all restrict parking one for authorised only, (thats appears to be at the worker's entrance), and the other 2 ban parking all together, but there does appear to be parking available under the DO.

I guess it all depends if you followed the restrictions, or perhaps you have authority to park where you did. Certainly if they changed the rules without warning you may have a case to complain, but without more than the bare details, you provided its difficult to advise.

12 Sep 2019, 13:56

My office which is not too far away is supposed to be bringing in a private company to manage the car park. We are supposed to be issued with stickers for the windscreen, I know at least one other office in the area must have the same system as the DOM said it had sorted out the parking elsewhere.(We get anyone just parking there to the extent rhat sometimes there are 10 to 15 cars nothing to do with RM)

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1