not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT CWU : We have announced an industrial action ballot timetable in Royal Mail group - ballot papers will be dispatched on 24th September if no agreement is reached before then. HERE

Seniority

10 Sep 2019, 21:17

Hello please can anyone help I started with rm in 1988 but left in 2001 & returned to work for rm again at a new office in 2002 as I have had a break in service for about a year will I ever get my seniority back was told no but been told last week I can now have my seniority back is this correct as I can not get a definitive answer now

Seniority

10 Sep 2019, 21:24

Far as I know you would keep your seniority.

Seniority

10 Sep 2019, 21:37

Ok thanks not getting much help my rep says as I left bussiness to work elsewhere then came back a year later my seniority is from my new start date in 2002

Seniority

10 Sep 2019, 22:14

you keep all of your accrued seniority ( minus the time you did not work for RM ) but your holiday entitlements would have restarted when you did.

Seniority

10 Sep 2019, 22:25

Ok thanks since I came back to rm I have always been told I get my holiday entitlements back to 1988 but my seniority starts again for picking duties from my return in 2002 so I still not sure where I stand

Seniority

10 Sep 2019, 22:28

As far as I am aware if you left the company and then returned then your seniority would start from the date you returned

If you were on a career break which doesnt seem to be the case you would keep your seniority minus the time you spent on a break

Seniority

10 Sep 2019, 22:47

Ok thanks that’s what I have always been told since I came back to rm but last week someone said hr had changed things & I would get all my seniority back to 1988 even though I had left bussiness for a year so a bit confused as I can not get to seem to have this confirmed either way

Seniority

10 Sep 2019, 23:33

doorstepped wrote:you keep all of your accrued seniority ( minus the time you did not work for RM ) but your holiday entitlements would have restarted when you did.

It's the other way round. His seniority would start at the commencement of second start date but the previous employment counts for annual leave purposes.

Seniority

11 Sep 2019, 12:53

Ok that’s what I have been told all these years that my seniority starts on my return date in 2002 but then got told it had changed by hr & I get all my seniority back will have to contact hr again & see if I can get a definite answer so I know

Seniority

11 Sep 2019, 15:02

Ok that’s what I have been told all these years that my seniority starts on my return date in 2002 but then got told it had changed by hr & I get all my seniority back will have to contact hr again & see if I can get a definite answer so I know

Seniority

11 Sep 2019, 15:14

I worked for Royal Mail 1988-89, left and came back 1998. My seniority now runs from 1998 but the previous service IS included in my holiday entitlement only. I fail to see how you can completely leave a company to work elsewhere, then come back some years later and claim length of service for the time you've worked for someone else?

Seniority

12 Sep 2019, 11:58

The Way Forward Agreement says this on seniority:

13.6 All service within an appropriate grade, whether on permanent or temporary basis, will count for seniority purposes, with the exception of any periods worked on a casual contract, or during a career break or sabbatical. Unpaid leave will count provided there is no break in contact. Service after age 60 will continue to count. However service must be continuous for seniority purposes, with periods prior to any break in contract (due to re-employment, for example) not generally included, unless there are exceptional circumstances applying to particular cases that are agreed at local level.

and says this on leave entitlement:

All periods of service on a temporary or permanent contract (with periods of casual service included only if they run continuously into a temporary or permanent contract), except for those on unpaid leave, SPPR, or with HM Forces exceeding 15 days, will count towards calculating leave due. Previous periods of PO service may be counted for this purpose.

Seniority

13 Sep 2019, 15:52

Mypost2 wrote:Ok that’s what I have been told all these years that my seniority starts on my return date in 2002 but then got told it had changed by hr & I get all my seniority back will have to contact hr again & see if I can get a definite answer so I know

Have you contacted HR ? If so can you let us know what they advised.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1