not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT CWU : We have announced an industrial action ballot timetable in Royal Mail group - ballot papers will be dispatched on 24th September if no agreement is reached before then. HERE

Gloves.......

09 Sep 2019, 20:01

I am going to need some decent gloves for the colder weather as I suffer from Reynauds.

Any suggestions for ones that do good job and are also waterproof to a certain extent?

Should I be looking for a fingerless pair or a normal pair and just cut the finger/thumbs off as required?

Thanks

Gloves.......

09 Sep 2019, 20:20

https://www.polimil.co.uk/clothing/clot ... beige.html
I use these if you can get a pair as they seem not be on the sealskin site any more

Gloves.......

10 Sep 2019, 18:21

Thanks for the link, they look quite good.

Gloves.......

10 Sep 2019, 18:29

Have a look at motorcycle gloves as they are thicker for winter and remove which ever fingers are necessary. i also suffer.

Gloves.......

11 Sep 2019, 23:23

A few tips which might help - wear a hat as it will keep you warmer all over, put petroleum jelly on your hands to keep them warm, if you cut just the tips off gloves you will have less skin uncovered, two pairs of gloves for very wet days is a good idea and change over to the dry ones after they get waterlogged.

Gloves.......

12 Sep 2019, 10:00

smartecosse wrote:I am going to need some decent gloves for the colder weather as I suffer from Reynauds.

Any suggestions for ones that do good job and are also waterproof to a certain extent?

Should I be looking for a fingerless pair or a normal pair and just cut the finger/thumbs off as required?

Thanks

You can't wear gloves if you're trying to deliver letters, you can't split the post apart.

Man up and wear no gloves.

Gloves.......

12 Sep 2019, 16:11

Trail wrote:
smartecosse wrote:I am going to need some decent gloves for the colder weather as I suffer from Reynauds.

Thanks

You can't wear gloves if you're trying to deliver letters, you can't split the post apart.

I'd love not to wear gloves, unfortunately due to a medical condition I need to, sometimes even in summer.

Thanks for the helpful reply though ;)

Gloves.......

12 Sep 2019, 16:45

Trail wrote:

Thanks

You can with those blue ones with the pimples on the fingers that RM issue, they are thin enough to still feel the mail and the pimples allow you to grip and sort the letters. Only problem is your pda, you'd have to cut the finger tip off one of the gloves to be able to press the screen.

Gloves.......

Yesterday, 05:05

Gasman11 wrote:
Trail wrote:

Thanks

You can with those blue ones with the pimples on the fingers that RM issue, they are thin enough to still feel the mail and the pimples allow you to grip and sort the letters. Only problem is your pda, you'd have to cut the finger tip off one of the gloves to be able to press the screen.

Or buy a conductive pen type device they cost 50p before brexit.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1