not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Older posties

17 Aug 2019, 13:43

rambo1 wrote:
postslippete wrote:I'm sure there are a few posties who probably wouldn't mind dropping their hours down to part-time. I know of one or two posties who got quite a few grand for getting a 'buy down' and dropping their hours from full to part-time whilst I know of one senior full-time postie who just picked a part-time duty when it came up in the re-pick and got no compensation whatsoever.

Why should he get compensated, if he wanted to drop his hrs down to part time thats his choice surely.

I agree I don't think posties should get compensated for dropping hours but we know that Royal Mail want a part-time workforce. If an office has too many full-timers and they won't leave - what more can the office do to save money other than lapse more duties? I think thats why they offered money to full-timers to drop their hours.

Older posties

17 Aug 2019, 13:50

postslippete wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
postslippete wrote:I'm sure there are a few posties who probably wouldn't mind dropping their hours down to part-time. I know of one or two posties who got quite a few grand for getting a 'buy down' and dropping their hours from full to part-time whilst I know of one senior full-time postie who just picked a part-time duty when it came up in the re-pick and got no compensation whatsoever.

Why should he get compensated, if he wanted to drop his hrs down to part time thats his choice surely.

I agree I don't think posties should get compensated for dropping hours but we know that Royal Mail want a part-time workforce. If an office has too many full-timers and they won't leave - what more can the office do to save money other than lapse more duties? I think thats why they offered money to full-timers to drop their hours.

Tax situation is that buy downs are not Available nor worth it for the employee or business so you leave paid off or take a cut in pay the only winner is RM and Rico Back stabbing bastard!

Older posties

18 Aug 2019, 10:14

It seems the evil Tory scum want to increase the pension age to 75. Can you imagine doing this job in your 70s? :roll:

Older posties

18 Aug 2019, 12:22

So if you go from full time to part time you get a payment?

Older posties

18 Aug 2019, 17:34

Beancounter wrote:It seems the evil Tory scum want to increase the pension age to 75. Can you imagine doing this job in your 70s? :roll:

If that ever happens it would be a better option to not pay into a pension, just live life to the max until you are 65 and then jump off a cliff.

Older posties

18 Aug 2019, 17:36

postslippete wrote:
rambo1 wrote:

Why do they want a part time workforce?.....is it because they know they are just a few years away from the sorting process being 90-100% automated?

Older posties

18 Aug 2019, 17:46

norris9 wrote:
postslippete wrote:
rambo1 wrote:

Why do they want a part time workforce?.....is it because they know they are just a few years away from the sorting process being 90-100% automated?

Sick pay annual leave is reduced as is the day to day cost of delivering the mail based on hours indoor vs outdoor.

Previous page Next page

Page 4 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4