not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

The Postal Museum

11 Aug 2019, 16:59

My family r off to London next week and they was going to go to The Postal Museum. I thought maybe there would b a discount for Royal mail workers and family.All I can find is discount for me with id. .(im not going cant get time off SURPRISE.)Is there none for family.Cheers

The Postal Museum

11 Aug 2019, 17:06

must have your staff pass on you when you visit to redeem the ticket and discounts are not available for family and friends.

The Postal Museum

14 Aug 2019, 03:14

Is worth going, took my family last year, went on the Mail train was a good day out, not any more expensive than anywhere else, the only thing we found was is it is a long way from tube stations

The Postal Museum

14 Aug 2019, 08:35

I've been twice and the mail train is worth going on, it doesn't run the full length of the line, it runs under Mount Pleasant sorting office round the various platforms, I would love to travel the full length of the line.

The Postal Museum

14 Aug 2019, 08:58

woody38 wrote:Is worth going, took my family last year, went on the Mail train was a good day out, not any more expensive than anywhere else, the only thing we found was is it is a long way from tube stations

NWpostie wrote:I've been twice and the mail train is worth going on, it doesn't run the full length of the line, it runs under Mount Pleasant sorting office round the various platforms, I would love to travel the full length of the line.

It's physically impossible for it to run the full length of the old route as it was severed during the construction of Crossrail

@woody38 Including the mail train, how long do you reckon someone needs to see it all properly?

The Postal Museum

14 Aug 2019, 15:53

You need to contact the museum before arrival to pre-book your visit ( and book seats on the very busy and popular mail train) to get the staff discount. If you simply turn up on the day unannounced (but with Royal Mail ID) you'll get charged full whack ! ! ! or at least that's what happened to me a couple of year's ago.

If you are a postie holidaying in London it needs to be on your "to do" list.

The Postal Museum

14 Aug 2019, 16:32

Decky Boy wrote:You need to contact the museum before arrival to pre-book your visit ( and book seats on the very busy and popular mail train) to get the staff discount. If you simply turn up on the day unannounced (but with Royal Mail ID) you'll get charged full whack ! ! ! or at least that's what happened to me a couple of year's ago.

If you are a postie holidaying in London it needs to be on your "to do" list.

Looking at the train times it's about an average of 2 1/2 hrs to London (each way for me), i'm guessing about 1/2 an hour each way between Waterloo and the museum so if I were to go it'd be around midday when i got there

The Postal Museum

14 Aug 2019, 17:36

DId the walk through the tunnels last Christmas. Quite expensive with no staff discount available on this particular trip but well worth it...

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1