not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Neutral advice wanted

10 Aug 2019, 19:37

Hey all few things just wondered what your take is and if and what youd do if anything.

Firstly, wont go into the huge back story but ended up getting to an AR3, I had a call from the OH Doctor and hes decided with my illness / diagnosis I should be classified as Disabled under the equality act, however I'm pretty sure I have NOT had a return to work completed for each absence since day one and I'm 99% sure I never actually received the "decision letter" from my AR1, I remember the meeting and my manager saying "I'll have a think and let you know what's happening" never heard anymore....

Secondly - as a reserve despite been promised a rotating day off blah blah never happens I have to book things outside of work with o idea when a day off is so over the past several months I have always put in a request for a certain day to be my day off ranges from mondays Tuesdays etc not same day not every week however EVERY time wether I ask a week before or a month they always ignore it and put me in to work and I mean EVERYTIME and get the usual BS of business requirements is this just a case of suck it up and continually fight it out as for a long weekend (as in saturday and monday off I've had that TWICE in 18months!!)

Thirdly I keep getting put on a round that is just too big for me to do in my contracted time, I tell them every single morning I wont get finished combined with the fact I dont know the last 2 streets of the round as the houses and farms etc have no names or numbers anywhere and I've even tried google maps, all I get is do your best or would you be willing to stay out to which I say no why should I especially when theres people going out with half a trolley, or 2 whole boxes on a rural! Again on it few days next week and already feeling myself getting wound up and quite stressed about it as it feels like they just constantly want me to fail it for a reason, this week the last road didnt get delivered for 3 days!! As I dont know it and they refused to get someone to either come show me it or take it out so they've had NO mail since Wednesday!

Lastly, I had to raise again today to my manager and my union rep I still havent recieved ANY payment for polling cards and voting parafanalia from April! Union rep emailed both managers and ccd me into it but should I just wait it out or chase it daily it works out about 2000carda due to rounds I did at the time and one manager even said to me when I asked yea I remember you covering a doff round everyday plus a big chunk of lapsing that ppl didnt do!

Thanks all sorry just wanted a rant

Neutral advice wanted

10 Aug 2019, 20:56

Extortion84 wrote:Thirdly I keep getting put on a round that is just too big for me to do in my contracted time, I tell them every single morning I wont get finished combined with the fact I dont know the last 2 streets of the round as the houses and farms etc have no names or numbers anywhere and I've even tried google maps, all I get is do your best or would you be willing to stay out to which I say no why should I especially when theres people going out with half a trolley, or 2 whole boxes on a rural! Again on it few days next week and already feeling myself getting wound up and quite stressed about it as it feels like they just constantly want me to fail it for a reason, this week the last road didnt get delivered for 3 days!! As I dont know it and they refused to get someone to either come show me it or take it out so they've had NO mail since Wednesday!

I have absolutely no idea why each duty doesn't have a slot on the side of its frame with a detailed print out map showing each loop. If I was a manager I'd be straight onto putting this in place. Being sent out blind is a pain. Being sent out without a detailed map is just ridiculous.

We need a sheet or sheets with:

An image of the town or city and the area highlighted where your walk is.

An image of each loop showing where to park up, where obscure houses/letterboxes are, any codes needed to get into flats etc, numbers and names of houses, an arrow showing the direction to walk in, and any postbox locations.

This would make it much less stressful, would decrease the chances of us bringing post back or having to pay us overtime and is a simple thing to set up.

No idea what to do in your situation. Maybe have to knock on some doors and ask residents to point you in the right direction and at least get some of those letters posted. Or get someone to draw out a map with names/numbers of houses. I don't understand why they have no numbers or names. Seems odd.

Neutral advice wanted

10 Aug 2019, 21:07

It is stupid, they tried to do it to a few people over last few weeks, this particular one is a road of around 3 miles in length with little farm tracks and dirt roads going off in all directions to hidden away houses and farms etc but none of them have any indication as to what they are name or number, I'll bring it up again on monday just dont know if there was anymore I could actually do as I tell them I wont finish and that I dont know it so I guess from my side I've covered myself, I also always tell my union rep I've informed them I wont finish so he knows and it isnt my word against the stick together management.

Neutral advice wanted

11 Aug 2019, 07:31

Dont worry about it.Youve informed your manager you cant complete and dont know where your going so youve done the correct thing.
Maybe send them an email asking for a workplace coach to help and cc the union rep and area manager if poss?

Neutral advice wanted

13 Aug 2019, 16:37

Extortion84 wrote:Hey all few things just wondered what your take is and if and what youd do if anything.

Firstly, wont go into the huge back story but ended up getting to an AR3, I had a call from the OH Doctor and hes decided with my illness / diagnosis I should be classified as Disabled under the equality act..........

Thirdly I keep getting put on a round that is just too big for me to do in my contracted time, I tell them every single morning I wont get finished combined with the fact I dont know the last 2 streets of the round as the houses and farms etc have no names or numbers anywhere and I've even tried google maps, all I get is do your best or would you be willing to stay out to which I say no why should I especially when theres people going out with half a trolley, or 2 whole boxes on a rural!

I dont know the circumstances of your ailment, but if its enough to be classified by DDA then RM has to attempt to accommodate you with your condition in mind, Its hard for me to understand why someone covered by DDA is being asked to do a full duty and they are then asking you to extend. Id get right onto my rep about this, explain how youre under DDA and that the managers arent doing anything to accommodate your disability. You should have a meeting set up with rep and line manager where your condition and its limitations on what you can and cant do are addressed. A refusal to do this from your manager would likely be a breach of DDA.
Being covered by DDA puts you in a very strong position, you may as well use it to your advantage so your condition doesn't deteriorate.

Neutral advice wanted

21 Aug 2019, 21:14

Thabks for the replies, if got my AR3 meeting on friday with the area manager and I've asked my area union rep to attend as our workplace union rep is more bothered about pleasing the 2 managers and not fighting our corner.

Got several other issues to raise just from this week alone

Holiday booked 17th - 20th august,
Go into work on 16th and get told they cant cover me on monday so I have to work, point blank refused as they've had that holiday request for weeks and I was going to be 8hrs away manager goes with "ok leave it with me"
2 minutes later our DO union rep comes to get me and takes me in office as he also does the rotas and holidays and starts with his finger in my face accusing me of all sorts and how I've said XYZ (I havent litte miss manager has run to him and twisted everything I've said) he leaves, I leave it as it is, dont hear ANYTHING from either manager Friday finish my round go home pack and leave.
Walk into work today to be greeted with

Manager - "you didnt show up for work Monday"

Me - "no I was on holiday as you know"

Manager " no I left a note on friday and I text you monday morning"

Me - "well I didnt get any note? And certainly no text and I dont respond to texts from work as you've previously told me there not acceptable forms of communication regarding work"

Manager - "we know what your doing" and storms off!

I then check my personal tax account online tonight to find conveniently I'm not getting paid ANYTHING on friday!! So now all of a sudden conveniently I'm missing a weeks wage and 6hours overtime.

Can that be rectified there and then as there certainly is no way I can live to next week on absolutly zero, I'm close to walking out tomorrow as if they ain't paying me why should I work, also if they try tell me itll catch up next week I'll just get taxed heavily as itll be a 2 week wage!

Neutral advice wanted

21 Aug 2019, 21:39

i dont advise walking out especially already being on AR3 try and stick it out and go through a lot of this with your area rep on Friday.
Do you have a holiday sheet print out which confirms the days you booked off ?
If you have the texts from your manager or the note it would be hard for him to argue that you should have attended work even if it says to some degree that your holiday has been cancelled at such short notice, that would be unreasonable and with the following harassment id suggest a b&h grievance - again ask your area rep about this.
Your office rep is supposed to be represent you, its very concerning that he seems to be taking the managements side and not hearing you out.
If i was you before speaking to your union rep have a long think tomorrow night about everything you want to say and write it down for notes, so when you speak to your area rep you dont forget anything. Dont forget the breaking of procedure in your previous ARs, they could be key in whether or not things go in your favour or not, plus the fact that you are under DDA which means if your previous absences are linked to the same disability they can be discredited from the procedure and going forward theyll have to make reasonable adjustments for you.

Are you sure you wont get paid ? id suggest waiting for your wageslip or checking your bank account first.

Neutral advice wanted

21 Aug 2019, 22:25

Postie45 wrote:i dont advise walking out especially already being on AR3 try and stick it out and go through a lot of this with your area rep on Friday.
Do you have a holiday sheet print out which confirms the days you booked off ?
If you have the texts from your manager or the note it would be hard for him to argue that you should have attended work even if it says to some degree that your holiday has been cancelled at such short notice, that would be unreasonable and with the following harassment id suggest a b&h grievance - again ask your area rep about this.
Your office rep is supposed to be represent you, its very concerning that he seems to be taking the managements side and not hearing you out.
If i was you before speaking to your union rep have a long think tomorrow night about everything you want to say and write it down for notes, so when you speak to your area rep you dont forget anything. Dont forget the breaking of procedure in your previous ARs, they could be key in whether or not things go in your favour or not, plus the fact that you are under DDA which means if your previous absences are linked to the same disability they can be discredited from the procedure and going forward theyll have to make reasonable adjustments for you.

Are you sure you wont get paid ? id suggest waiting for your wageslip or checking your bank account first.

Our place dont have holiday sheets just one of many things they dont do properly, all I have is photos of the request I put in, a picture of the holidays showing as available for this week and my say so that when I put it in it was a verbal thing of "as long as the days are available on the sheet its fine" obviously they then decides to leave it until a few hours before as usual, the whole DO is a joke, I'll obviously grab my wage slip first thing when I walk in anyway but the tax Gov website has never been wrong for me yet, it's just concerning as it genuinely looks and feels like because they didnt get their own way with me shes "accidently" put something on or through the system knowing it will effect my pay causing me issues. Iv started a list of things I want to go through with him already up to a page so far Haha..

The only thing I do have is the text but I got it Monday night as the place I went I had absolutely zero signal all weekend but the text is timed as 6am, never even saw or got told about any note or where it was apparently left.
Thanks though for the reply

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1