not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Children answering doors.

11 Aug 2019, 18:15

Newbie001 wrote:Yeah that's gonna be fun. Trying to explain to the junkie who's never drove or been abroad that they're not getting their new phone till they provide valid ID.

Why would they need to provide proof of age for a phone?

11 Aug 2019, 18:26

clashcityrocker wrote:
Newbie001 wrote:Yeah that's gonna be fun. Trying to explain to the junkie who's never drove or been abroad that they're not getting their new phone till they provide valid ID.

Rules.

If RM are going to stipulate that there's an age limit on some packets and they deem £500 worth of iPhone needing ID, then so be it. You can't bend the rules irrespective of what's inside the packet.

11 Aug 2019, 18:32

The only suggestion in the thread is for age restricted products.
Nothing about value.

11 Aug 2019, 18:53

This idea of age-restricted/proof of ID deliveries was discussed in my office at WTLL last week, although I only heard second hand from a colleague because I was on annual leave.

12 Aug 2019, 09:42

fed_up_postie wrote:
noggin1969 wrote:How are we supposed to know what is in the package , to know if it's age restricted ? Or is the sender putting a sticker on or will the bar code flash up on the PDA like the tills do in shops ?

We have been told there will be stickers put on the parcels stating they are for over 25's only,if the person looks under 25 we have to ask them to provide id, if they can not provide id we have to write a docket out and take the parcel back, the items will require valid id at point of sale as well

over 25's????? why over 25?

12 Aug 2019, 09:46

Ozzvaldo wrote:This idea of age-restricted/proof of ID deliveries was discussed in my office at WTLL last week, although I only heard second hand from a colleague because I was on annual leave.

I don't get how it can work, you'd need to have every single packet have printed on it a declaration of what's in the packet

12 Aug 2019, 09:50

norris9 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:As long as the parcel crosses the threshold your job is done.
If they can sign their name I deem them old enough to sign. It is a judgement call though. I don't think there is a hard and fast rule.
As for calling the police .....you would have to have some serious concerns. I would talk to a neighbour first.

ok. A 5 year old girl was home alone today. Answered the door - said her parents were out, sorry but I was worried for her. I didn't bother calling the police, no.

I believe it's your social responsibility (forget being a postman) to contact authorities if a 5 year old has been left alone at home, this is clearly not ok and the child is in incredible risk adding to which they are answering the door to people and then telling them theyre alone.

13 Aug 2019, 16:06

Postie45 wrote:
norris9 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:As long as the parcel crosses the threshold your job is done.
If they can sign their name I deem them old enough to sign. It is a judgement call though. I don't think there is a hard and fast rule.
As for calling the police .....you would have to have some serious concerns. I would talk to a neighbour first.

ok. A 5 year old girl was home alone today. Answered the door - said her parents were out, sorry but I was worried for her. I didn't bother calling the police, no.

I believe it's your social responsibility (forget being a postman) to contact authorities if a 5 year old has been left alone at home, this is clearly not ok and the child is in incredible risk adding to which they are answering the door to people and then telling them theyre alone.

It's against the law to leave a young child alone in the house. That's certainly a police matter.

It might be worth checking that there isn't anyone else actually on the property (by asking 'is anyone else home? or similar, or calling through the open door, because they might have a teenage sibiling who's in bed or can't be bothered to leave his xbox, etc.). Asking a neighbour might be an idea too.

But if you're pretty sure they are actually alone then morally you should call the police (and then ring your manager to explain you're likely to be delayed . . .

Of course you are not obliged to report any crime, so you can indeed just hand the packet over and carry on.

13 Aug 2019, 17:18

Trail wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:

Rules.

If RM are going to stipulate that there's an age limit on some packets and they deem £500 worth of iPhone needing ID, then so be it. You can't bend the rules irrespective of what's inside the packet.

if theres gonna be any chance of getting threatened because you cant hand the package over, just hand the package over

13 Aug 2019, 17:49

Trail wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:

Rules.

Unless it's stated on the packet what's inside, how do you know if it's an age restricted item?

13 Aug 2019, 18:20

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Trail wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:

Rules.

Unless it's stated on the packet what's inside, how do you know if it's an age restricted item?

It will have a sticker on it stating it needs I.D. Amazon already do this for certain items.

They were on watchdog a few months ago as they often use to just hand over the parcels without checking I.D.

13 Aug 2019, 18:43

DrSatan wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
Trail wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:

Rules.

It will have a sticker on it stating it needs I.D. Amazon already do this for certain items.

They were on watchdog a few months ago as they often use to just hand over the parcels without checking I.D.

What about stuff that's not from Amazon? Locally outside of Xmas pressure, we don't get very many Amazon items passing through

13 Aug 2019, 18:56

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Ozzvaldo wrote:This idea of age-restricted/proof of ID deliveries was discussed in my office at WTLL last week, although I only heard second hand from a colleague because I was on annual leave.

I don't get how it can work, you'd need to have every single packet have printed on it a declaration of what's in the packet

No idea either, just posting what the Gestapo told our office last week.

13 Aug 2019, 19:06

Ozzvaldo wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:

No idea either, just posting what the Gestapo told our office last week.

The only way that I can think of would be for every packet to have a 2D barcode on it, with the age restriction info as part of the barcode data (I think all packets will have 2D barcodes on them anyway within the next few years - more and more packets seem to have 2D barcodes on them

13 Aug 2019, 21:30

Only certain tracked and specials will have it. It will state age verification needed or proof of ID needed in the same place as it says local collect. It will then prompt you on pda when you scan it to confirm you have seen ID. Anyone who looks under 25 must present driving license /passport.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3