not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

Optima Health Assessment.

09 Aug 2019, 09:11

I had my OH telephone assessment and the nurse on the phone stated that she doesn't forsee a return to work in my current condition and is sending report to my DOM today. She also stated that i need a phone consultaion woth a doctor because he can only say yes to ill health. But i thought with the nurse saying no return to work can't my DOM make a decision off that??

Cheers.

09 Aug 2019, 10:52

I had exactly the same thing with oh assist , I think it needs a qualified doctor to make a final decision on ihr.

09 Aug 2019, 10:58

I just needed to see if anyone is in the same boat, i think ultimately the decision is down to your manager and OH are only there to advise RM.

09 Aug 2019, 11:55

The oh assist doctor will advise hr on ihr it's up to hr not your dom

09 Aug 2019, 12:43

Si3640 wrote:I just needed to see if anyone is in the same boat, i think ultimately the decision is down to your manager and OH are only there to advise RM.

How can your manager make the decision is he a qualified doctor.

09 Aug 2019, 12:54

aiden01 wrote:
Si3640 wrote:I just needed to see if anyone is in the same boat, i think ultimately the decision is down to your manager and OH are only there to advise RM.

How can your manager make the decision is he a qualified doctor.

They are right in a certain way. Even if a Doctor advises IHR is the best way to go, it is only advice. RM will make the final decision, but it will probably be someone in HR who has the final say so.

However, it would be unusual for them to go against medical opinions.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1