not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

Coming back rules?

10 Jul 2019, 13:01

Does anyone know if their is a timescale for reapplying as a postman or if you even can after IHR. Could you work as say a 7.5t driver or for say Angaard as a temp? Thank you.....
Last edited by KnockKnock on 10 Jul 2019, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.

Coming back rules?

10 Jul 2019, 14:10

They don't usually take people back once signed off with ihr. As far as Thier concerned your problem could reoccur. And if they would re employ you they might ask for Thier ihr payment back ?.

Coming back rules?

10 Jul 2019, 15:21

I sincerely hope you can't reapply after being given IHR... especially only 5 months after getting it!!!

Coming back rules?

10 Jul 2019, 15:40

wow

Coming back rules?

10 Jul 2019, 15:46

wacko74 wrote:I sincerely hope you can't reapply after being given IHR... especially only 5 months after getting it!!!

know 1 guy who was forced into taking it, appealed and won, gave money back and and still couldn't do job so paid off again,
another took it and 2 or 3 years later got working through the agency, the dom then offered him a permanent job, kept his pay off and six months later made up to FT too so it does happen, pretty sure it's 2 years wait though

Coming back rules?

10 Jul 2019, 16:03

This has got to be the only company where if you can't do the job, they pay you to leave. All other companies say if you can't do the job you know where the door is!

Surely after being paid ill health retirement money you can't be taken back on in the same role. That would be lunacy! :crazy:

Coming back rules?

10 Jul 2019, 16:13

Sorry i didn't want to annoy anyone with the post, i was really unsure what to do at the time but i really miss the job and more importantly my colleagues. It's hard when you know you have made a mistake, i keep in contact with them and still socialize occasionally. Really just wanted to know if it was possible in the future.

Coming back rules?

10 Jul 2019, 16:14

mailroyaly wrote:This has got to be the only company where if you can't do the job, they pay you to leave. All other companies say if you can't do the job you know where the door is!

Surely after being paid ill health retirement money you can't be taken back on in the same role. That would be lunacy! :crazy:

You see and people call the union!

Coming back rules?

10 Jul 2019, 18:26

KnockKnock wrote:Sorry i didn't want to annoy anyone with the post, i was really unsure what to do at the time but i really miss the job and more importantly my colleagues. It's hard when you know you have made a mistake, i keep in contact with them and still socialize occasionally. Really just wanted to know if it was possible in the future.

Well why don't you ask to be taken back on (if there's a vacancy).. on the condition that you will return your IHR payout and you're initially prepared to only be on a temporary contract until you've proved yourself to be fully fit and able to do the job long term?

(and your seniority starts back at zero)

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1