not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

what happens......

09 Jul 2019, 21:18

when the pda states you have delivered an item, no card has been left, because you delivered but customer phones up and says not received???

I have been questioned today on an item I delivered start of last week. Only asked if I remembered and all I could say was if the pda says delivered and no card pushed through then I delivered it.

Does it just come down to my word against theirs?

what happens......

09 Jul 2019, 21:59

has2tri wrote:when the pda states you have delivered an item, no card has been left, because you delivered but customer phones up and says not received???

I have been questioned today on an item I delivered start of last week. Only asked if I remembered and all I could say was if the pda says delivered and no card pushed through then I delivered it.

Funnily enough, the exact same thing happened to me today too. I just said if there's no note and it's days delivered I must have delivered it but couldn't remember as it was a week ago. Pda says I was there

what happens......

09 Jul 2019, 22:02

If you scanned it on your PDA,it will show up where you scanned the item,so if you scanned the item outside the property then that should be proof enough that you delivered it and that the customer is probably pulling a fast one.

what happens......

09 Jul 2019, 22:14

Mmm some customers are not aware how much information We can glean from a PDA after delivery.Even better when You find the discarded carton in their green bin from the parcel they claim they never received lol

what happens......

09 Jul 2019, 22:32

scoobydo79 wrote:Mmm some customers are not aware how much information We can glean from a PDA after delivery.Even better when You find the discarded carton in their green bin from the parcel they claim they never received lol

I know. I I wish it was my permanent duty then I could have checked.
Felt s**t for an hour worrying then just thought, rollocks to it I've not lost it

what happens......

09 Jul 2019, 23:29

I've had parcels addressed to neighbouring houses several times before. This usually only happens when customers use a drop down address finder when ordering online. This is the only scenario to my knowledge that the GPS and PDA data would fall short of being able to prove or disprove depending on what barcode is scanned on the parcel.

what happens......

10 Jul 2019, 06:52

postslippete wrote:If you scanned it on your PDA,it will show up where you scanned the item,so if you scanned the item outside the property then that should be proof enough that you delivered it and that the customer is probably pulling a fast one.

I was indeed stood outside the house. I remembered the house as they have a metal box outside.
So ......I need not worry on this occasion??

Thanks for replies all

what happens......

10 Jul 2019, 07:48

What irks me is were now delivering so many little shitty parcels when the Dom comes asking if you remember delivering a parcel last week when I can't remember what I did an hour ago lol

what happens......

10 Jul 2019, 16:16

Tinoblade wrote:
has2tri wrote:when the pda states you have delivered an item, no card has been left, because you delivered but customer phones up and says not received???

Funnily enough, the exact same thing happened to me today too. I just said if there's no note and it's days delivered I must have delivered it but couldn't remember as it was a week ago. Pda says I was there

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I got asked a week later so couldn’t remember the packet specifically, but said if I scanned it as delivered, then it went thru their quite large letterbox. The pda confirmed I scanned it, but there was no location info provided. Not heard anything since.

what happens......

12 Jul 2019, 01:04

It would be very brazen of you to take it all the way their to the door step and steal an item with all these cameras all over the place these days it is such a pity those who question us all about such trivial matters cannot do their own job's of ordering uniform or putting names down on overtime sheets in such a speedy and efficient manner!

what happens......

12 Jul 2019, 03:09

has2tri wrote:when the pda states you have delivered an item, no card has been left / the pda says delivered and no card pushed through

I have read & reread your post, why would you even leave a card when it's been delivered? Does the PDA actually say the above?

what happens......

12 Jul 2019, 17:56

The pda has it down as delivered.
When manager came with his printout it said on it no P739 card left so I am guessing they must have asked whoever phoned to say not received if they had a card.
I said to the manager that there would be no card if it was delivered

what happens......

12 Jul 2019, 19:36

get them to double check the address with the sender.

I had one that a stand-in delivered to a No7 as it said on the parcel when I got back on delivery the customer had complained and I realised that she lives at No 47. In this case, she had filled out the web form wrong so she took the hit.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1