not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

Dog bites

09 Jul 2019, 18:59

Up 9% apparently,royal mail saying feed pet before postie arrives years ago we arrived at certain addresses approx same time nowadays its anytime are these top knobs at RM real ,why cant they use there brain and send a leaflet/door to door out to warn dog owners etc,its not rocket science is it.

Dog bites

09 Jul 2019, 19:32

only have to send out a D2D stating that if we get bitten we will prosecute through the courts

Dog bites

09 Jul 2019, 19:51

eastie wrote:only have to send out a D2D stating that if we get bitten we will prosecute through the courts

This exactly!!!

Dog bites

09 Jul 2019, 20:05

New DIM at this mornings team brief saying mark fitting with blue dots , mark letters with a D and if you get bit and RM think you are negligent it's down the conduct route.

Dog bites

09 Jul 2019, 20:14

comeracing wrote:Up 9% apparently,royal mail saying feed pet before postie arrives years ago we arrived at certain addresses approx same time nowadays its anytime are these top knobs at RM real ,why cant they use there brain and send a leaflet/door to door out to warn dog owners etc,its not rocket science is it.

Most dogs are not a risk to posties. It's just a case of identifying the small percentage that do pose a genuine risk and get that information to the posties that deliver to those addresses. Then if the risk is there on the day you just bring the mail back. The DOM then has to contact or visit the address and get them to remedy the situation. We did the targeted mail out earlier this year in our DO to addresses where there were problem dogs and most of those people got really upset. I think a face to face or telephone approach is a better way to sort this out.

Dog bites

09 Jul 2019, 20:21

Celgar wrote:
comeracing wrote:Up 9% apparently,royal mail saying feed pet before postie arrives years ago we arrived at certain addresses approx same time nowadays its anytime are these top knobs at RM real ,why cant they use there brain and send a leaflet/door to door out to warn dog owners etc,its not rocket science is it.

Most dogs are not a risk to posties. It's just a case of identifying the small percentage that do pose a genuine risk and get that information to the posties that deliver to those addresses. Then if the risk is there on the day you just bring the mail back. The DOM then has to contact or visit the address and get them to remedy the situation. We did the targeted mail out earlier this year in our DO to addresses where there were problem dogs and most of those people got really upset. I think a face to face or telephone approach is a better way to sort this out.

Yes most dogs aren’t a risk but at any given day or time they CAN be! A dog can be very gentle natured but react completely out of character when it sees an unknown person invading it’s territory. Therefore all dogs must be treated as a risk (especially for when the usual postie is off)

Dog bites

09 Jul 2019, 20:48

What’s likely to happen if it’s the posties word against the owners if it went to court? Largely speaking We deliver alone and arnt so likely to have a witness.Any one been to court over dog bite?

Dog bites

09 Jul 2019, 20:58

You don't need a witness, if you have teeth marks on you surely that's evidence, the dog would be seen as out of control, owner at fault

Dog bites

09 Jul 2019, 21:16

noggin1969 wrote:New DIM at this mornings team brief saying mark fitting with blue dots , mark letters with a D and if you get bit and RM think you are negligent it's down the conduct route.

This is exactly what I suspected this latest campaign was really about.. nothing to do with a genuine concern for our safety and welfare, just another exercise at loading responsibility on to us and leaving us liable for any consequences if we don't complete yet more box ticking clerical tasks.

Dog bites

09 Jul 2019, 22:34

I have recently been bit by a dog that has left teeth marks in my leg. I'm currently going through the process of filling various forms in but not convinced it's being done right. What forms apart from Erica needs to be done by the Dim??

Dog bites

09 Jul 2019, 23:00

chillifingers wrote:I have recently been bit by a dog that has left teeth marks in my leg. I'm currently going through the process of filling various forms in but not convinced it's being done right. What forms apart from Erica needs to be done by the Dim??

We had a nasty dog bite captured on video,police,union,dog warden all involved,customer since moved house dog still alive,how was it left with you re dog being destroyed etc,poor outcome I believe on this occasion,but can’t confirm,seems to be dragging out,and left to the postman to decide fate of dog,left too late now,poor state of affairs,with Royal Mails lack of conviction against said customer,

Dog bites

09 Jul 2019, 23:30

chillifingers wrote:I have recently been bit by a dog that has left teeth marks in my leg. I'm currently going through the process of filling various forms in but not convinced it's being done right. What forms apart from Erica needs to be done by the Dim??

You need to make a statement to the Police.They will take action and speak to the owner.

Dog bites

10 Jul 2019, 16:19

No police involvement just filled in the first stage of an Erica and that's it. Seems a bit slack to me as nothing else been done. I would have thought there should be more things involved as it's sunk it's teeth into me.

Dog bites

10 Jul 2019, 16:21

Yet we have idiots in our office who bring dog biscuits out with them to feed the dogs on their delivery. Then the poor sod that covers their day off/holidays turns up without a biscuit and the dog goes mental. I remember being chased down the street as I didn't have a biscuit for Fido as the 'other postie always has one'.

Dog bites

10 Jul 2019, 18:07

If RM are really bothered about our safety then Any one who has a dog should have box on edge of property or they dont get mail.any parcels either neighbour or carded.dog bites would then be halved.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2