not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Advice pros and cons!

09 Jul 2019, 16:53

Hi
I m part time and signed to a duty but may have the opportunity of becoming a full time reserve
I have only ever been on 2 fixed duties in the depot
On a 27 hr contact but always go over and get to go in early on o/t occasionally
Is it worth considering ditching my duty which I like to get on full time step especially with this so call one plan/5 yr strategy
Pros and cons please

Advice pros and cons!

09 Jul 2019, 17:27

Stay as you are RM are after getting rid of th FT roles and if the new 'overtime pay when your on holiday ' scheme comes in your not gaining anything.
If your on a 27hr and want to go home after 27hrs you can, if you want ot there will be some in either your own or a local office.

Advice pros and cons!

09 Jul 2019, 17:42

One of the side effects of "average holiday pay" will be less overtime.

Most people don't have the luxury of even asking the question.
If you are offered a full time contract - take it.
But if you financially don't need to then don't. Someone else will.

Advice pros and cons!

09 Jul 2019, 17:46

leolion855 wrote:Stay as you are RM are after getting rid of th FT roles and if the new 'overtime pay when your on holiday ' scheme comes in your not gaining anything.
If your on a 27hr and want to go home after 27hrs you can, if you want ot there will be some in either your own or a local office.

I totally disagree. A FT contract is GUARANTEED FT wages EVERY week. What if the OT dries up (which it will to some degree if RMs plans work)?
What about sick pay? (I don't know if that is averaged out on the previous 13 weeks wages like holiday pay should/will be).

Advice pros and cons!

09 Jul 2019, 18:03

Go FT as this guarantees full time pay all year, and it is better for your pension when you retire as you would have paid more into it and also RM would have paid more into your pension as well

Advice pros and cons!

09 Jul 2019, 18:50

being a reserve comes regular conflict with managers and colleagues. During my time as a reserve it made me ill.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1