not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Absence due to stress

09 Jul 2019, 15:45

I have received a letter from management the very day I went sick, asking for me to go for a meeting in a few days time. Also states on the letter I must bring any medical evidence pertinent to my ongoing absence. This is all whilst I’ve been given a sick line from my doctor.

Surely I shouldn’t have to attend this meeting? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Absence due to stress

09 Jul 2019, 17:26

contact your rep and state what's happening.

Contact your doctor and see if they are willing to state that contact from work must be minimal to allow you to recover.

Absence due to stress

09 Jul 2019, 17:31

Thanks for your reply

Absence due to stress

09 Jul 2019, 18:03

The agreement is that a face to face meeting will take place after 4 weeks . They have your certificate I take it? What more evidence are you going to provide other than the opinion of a qualified medical,practitioner. Although having said tbat , it depends what the root cause of your stress is I suppose.

Absence due to stress

09 Jul 2019, 22:18

rubberbond wrote:The agreement is that a face to face meeting will take place after 4 weeks

Can't find the part of the agreement that covers this?

I believe the wording which I also believe is NOT in any agreement just from a guide for the screws( I stand to be corrected on both of these beliefs ) is to the effect a face to face should take place before 28 days.

The screw c***s keep repeating the same bullshit lies until we accept them as facts. Time to put this one to bed for good.

Absence due to stress

10 Jul 2019, 13:20

I was also off with work related stress,I believe you can ask them to meet at a neutral place if your not comfortable going into work which i did,I kept in touch with a phone call once a week or if no one anwsers phone i texted them, your health and wellbeing comes first,I was lied to so keep any texts or voicemails which helped me, I hope everything goes well for you, take care

Absence due to stress

10 Jul 2019, 14:06

You do not have to attend a meeting at work, you can inform them your to ill to attend but Thier welcome to come to your home , as long as they bring your union rep with him. I bet you they will decline. If your rep is not helping I would get hold of the area rep to put a stop to this nonsense. I've been through all this bullshit myself , the area rep put a stop to this kind of harassment and bullying. Good luck and stay strong.

Absence due to stress

10 Jul 2019, 19:03

hothothot wrote:You do not have to attend a meeting at work, you can inform them your to ill to attend but Thier welcome to come to your home , as long as they bring your union rep with him. I bet you they will decline. If your rep is not helping I would get hold of the area rep to put a stop to this nonsense. I've been through all this bullshit myself , the area rep put a stop to this kind of harassment and bullying. Good luck and stay strong.
If you go to your workplace it suggests that your fit to get there etc and they play on that especially if it's an unseen illness like stress.hothothots right.

Absence due to stress

13 Jul 2019, 15:19

Our boss has been seen to google a medical condition of the staff to back up his action plan to deal with it? Priceless! No good as a boss or a doctor?him and his minions even said a colleague who had a nasty dog bite with medical certificate was ok to come to work and do the office?.. I think not!

Absence due to stress

13 Jul 2019, 16:29

robbertwhitton wrote:Our boss has been seen to google a medical condition of the staff to back up his action plan to deal with it? Priceless! No good as a boss or a doctor?him and his minions even said a colleague who had a nasty dog bite with medical certificate was ok to come to work and do the office?.. I think not!

They think they're gps

Absence due to stress

13 Jul 2019, 16:33

arnold cheshire wrote:
robbertwhitton wrote:Our boss has been seen to google a medical condition of the staff to back up his action plan to deal with it? Priceless! No good as a boss or a doctor?him and his minions even said a colleague who had a nasty dog bite with medical certificate was ok to come to work and do the office?.. I think not!

They think they're gps

Consultants the money they are on!

Absence due to stress

14 Jul 2019, 15:43

td2011 wrote:I have received a letter from management the very day I went sick, asking for me to go for a meeting in a few days time. Also states on the letter I must bring any medical evidence pertinent to my ongoing absence. This is all whilst I’ve been given a sick line from my doctor.

Surely I shouldn’t have to attend this meeting? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
who has medical evidence? Apart from a sick note

Absence due to stress

14 Jul 2019, 16:15

arnold cheshire wrote:
td2011 wrote:I have received a letter from management the very day I went sick, asking for me to go for a meeting in a few days time. Also states on the letter I must bring any medical evidence pertinent to my ongoing absence. This is all whilst I’ve been given a sick line from my doctor.

who has medical evidence? Apart from a sick note

If you were stressed your excrement might be quite runny.
Ask if they want you to take some of that in.

Absence due to stress

14 Jul 2019, 17:29

I can't stand going in anymore they do ruin lives

Absence due to stress

14 Jul 2019, 20:00

arnold cheshire wrote:

They think they're gps

No RM managers have no brains or common sense so they would never ever make a GP!!!!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1