not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

S/A collections and delivery

09 Jul 2019, 10:13

We’ve had instances of people on S/A collections being told to deliver bits of failed delivery as part of there collections duty,as the boss has told them or asked them is it correct,can he do that,can they refuse? another money saving idea,I’m sure the cleared office box has long been ticked yet again to cover his arse!

09 Jul 2019, 14:42

Look at the bottom of the 318 it states "as directed" in other words if the boss says do something you have to do the something that they have asked.

09 Jul 2019, 17:42

Streets 318’s do not exist and haven’t done for years

09 Jul 2019, 18:01

Do where I work

09 Jul 2019, 18:07

It's probably on your contract of employment anyway , as " any other duties commensurate with the position".

09 Jul 2019, 20:24

robbertwhitton wrote:We’ve had instances of people on S/A collections being told to deliver bits of failed delivery as part of there collections duty,as the boss has told them or asked them is it correct,can he do that,can they refuse? another money saving idea,I’m sure the cleared office box has long been ticked yet again to cover his arse!

As with any other job in the company and almost any other company they can ask you to do any reasonable task within your work hours as necessary for the business.

09 Jul 2019, 20:28

Is there time to do any delivery as well as the collection on an S/A?

09 Jul 2019, 20:51

Bahia Feliz wrote:Is there time to do any delivery as well as the collection on an S/A?

Usually SA collections are timed really finely so you are in a virtual race to get it done in time. Therefore I would say they is no spare time left over to deliver lapsed walks or anything else. Duties on LATs are supposedly a different case as RM has not managed to attract sufficient business for the new product.

10 Jul 2019, 20:36

streets97 wrote:Do where I work

p318 I've not seen one in twenty years

10 Jul 2019, 20:40

Bahia Feliz wrote:Is there time to do any delivery as well as the collection on an S/A?

If I was a manager and had the choice of delivering a load of mail or doing a collection I'd be telling the person on sa they are delivering and I'd be doing the cushy collection

10 Jul 2019, 21:38

citypostie wrote:

If I was a manager and had the choice of delivering a load of mail or doing a collection I'd be telling the person on sa they are delivering and I'd be doing the cushy collection

Do you know how an SA contract works?

10 Jul 2019, 22:10

number one wrote:
citypostie wrote:

Do you know how an SA contract works?

No and don't want to thanks

11 Jul 2019, 18:33

I think you are getting confused with collections on hybrids

13 Jul 2019, 22:43

If I was on SA to do a collection and was instructed to do a part delivery by a DIM then OK. Do the delivery then bring back the collection keys and say "here you go, my shift's over". :nana

14 Jul 2019, 09:46

Celgar wrote:

Usually SA collections are timed really finely so you are in a virtual race to get it done in time. Therefore I would say they is no spare time left over to deliver lapsed walks or anything else. Duties on LATs are supposedly a different case as RM has not managed to attract sufficient business for the new product.

Our collections are like that. We've got eight collections come back to the DO as we are a collection hub. I've done most of them at some point and I would say I wouldn't have time to even do one packet without missing the wagon to the MC.

All of our SA went years ago. All of our collections are now hybrid duties.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2