not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

The official way to claim overtime.

08 Jul 2019, 10:50

Scaps of paper and texts to the manager don't really seem to be the correct way to claim overtime. I have heard of mythical overtime sheets which you filled out on a daily basis but have yet to see one. Is there a correct and agreed practice on how to claim?

08 Jul 2019, 10:55

We have 3 sheets for OT for each day, scheduled attendance, pressure overtime and absence overtime.

I`m a bit confused about wich is wich but I always get my ot paid if I wrote down my ot on one of them.

08 Jul 2019, 11:14

It would be so much easier if they used PDA actual times for signing in and signing off to calculate overtime. I think if our manager just ignores all the problems in the office they will go away, but overtime, lapsing and holidays are the major issues at the moment. Doesn't help with an ineffectual union rep.

08 Jul 2019, 13:32

pahoehoe wrote:It would be so much easier if they used PDA actual times for signing in and signing off to calculate overtime. I think if our manager just ignores all the problems in the office they will go away, but overtime, lapsing and holidays are the major issues at the moment. Doesn't help with an ineffectual union rep.

Why are people so obsessed with PDA actuals?

08 Jul 2019, 13:36

number one wrote:
pahoehoe wrote:It would be so much easier if they used PDA actual times for signing in and signing off to calculate overtime. I think if our manager just ignores all the problems in the office they will go away, but overtime, lapsing and holidays are the major issues at the moment. Doesn't help with an ineffectual union rep.

I guess that you've not read through this thread yet: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =1&t=91657

08 Jul 2019, 15:22

Of course managers would rather people work for free (especially not telling new starts about claiming o/t), but there must be a set standard for claiming o/t? Clock in/off cards, signing in/out sheets, even o/t record sheets, but scraps of paper handed to the manager the next day, and then chasing to make sure it is paid cannot be the correct way to do it.

08 Jul 2019, 16:19

number one wrote:

Because in theory, in regard to this post, data from PDA actuals should be no-quibble proof that overtime needs to be paid. Of course for this to work posties have to not come in early and take all their breaks.

08 Jul 2019, 18:16

Celgar wrote:
number one wrote:

Because in theory, in regard to this post, data from PDA actuals should be no-quibble proof that overtime needs to be paid. Of course for this to work posties have to not come in early and take all their breaks.

Are the people who are here supporting PDA Actuals going to be so supportive when they are used against them because they aren’t working fast enough?

08 Jul 2019, 18:46

if they did that royal mail would go out of business.

08 Jul 2019, 19:19

number one wrote:
Celgar wrote:
number one wrote:

Are the people who are here supporting PDA Actuals going to be so supportive when they are used against them because they aren’t working fast enough?

How fast is fast enough? I work at a reasonable speed, always use a lwt, never walk across people grass, always take 40 or 50 min break ( we cannot claim 20mins at the end of duty any more), and don't just leave packets anywhere, always fill out p739 cards correctly and in full, don't drive like a maniac, always put seat belt on, always take keys out and lock van when getting out . If anyone says I'm not 'fast enough' , it's probably because they don't do all of the above.

08 Jul 2019, 20:24

rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
Celgar wrote:
number one wrote:

How fast is fast enough? I work at a reasonable speed, always use a lwt, never walk across people grass, always take 40 or 50 min break ( we cannot claim 20mins at the end of duty any more), and don't just leave packets anywhere, always fill out p739 cards correctly and in full, don't drive like a maniac, always put seat belt on, always take keys out and lock van when getting out . If anyone says I'm not 'fast enough' , it's probably because they don't do all of the above.

Couldn't agree more. I used to blitz my round up until just after xmas. Years of neglect to my health and the constant feeling of being under pressure trying to scramble round, cutting corners all just to finish on time etc. WHY? I took pride in myself being able to achieve the almost unachievable and tickle my ego slightly but for what? Sweet F.A. and then they use PDA actuals when you tell them they're putting on too much pressure. Well, I learned the awkward way, I dont rush round anymore, I still have a job, I either cut off or claim when I want the OT. Simple, no arguments just facts; "look at my PDA actuals and see for yourself".
Benefits are endless by doing the job the way they want it done, dont do yourself an injustice by being pressured, chill out, dont rush like a loon and enjoy the job like we all used to.

08 Jul 2019, 20:31

rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
Celgar wrote:
number one wrote:

They aren’t bothered about any of that as they expect you to do all of the above anyway. Fast enough as in walking speed between delivery points. People go on about how they should use PDA actuals for this and that but what if they use it to tell you you need to walk quicker. People would soon change their tune

08 Jul 2019, 22:53

There's a sheet on the signing out desk.

09 Jul 2019, 10:27

sirchewey wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
Celgar wrote:
number one wrote:

Couldn't agree more. I used to blitz my round up until just after xmas. Years of neglect to my health and the constant feeling of being under pressure trying to scramble round, cutting corners all just to finish on time etc. WHY? I took pride in myself being able to achieve the almost unachievable and tickle my ego slightly but for what? Sweet F.A. and then they use PDA actuals when you tell them they're putting on too much pressure. Well, I learned the awkward way, I dont rush round anymore, I still have a job, I either cut off or claim when I want the OT. Simple, no arguments just facts; "look at my PDA actuals and see for yourself".
Benefits are endless by doing the job the way they want it done, dont do yourself an injustice by being pressured, chill out, dont rush like a loon and enjoy the job like we all used to.

This has to be the correct approach, so true

09 Jul 2019, 14:49

number one wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
Celgar wrote:
number one wrote:

They aren’t bothered about any of that as they expect you to do all of the above anyway. Fast enough as in walking speed between delivery points. People go on about how they should use PDA actuals for this and that but what if they use it to tell you you need to walk quicker. People would soon change their tune

But they cannot say you are walking too slow unless you are extremely slow,everyone has their own pace and fitness levels.I am sure the union would not allow managers to start accusing people of walking too slowly,i have never heard of it anyway.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3