not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

Cant get Annual leave days

07 Jul 2019, 09:01

Due to the high level of sick leave no OPG or AG cant get any days off its Becoming a joke now.
This has been going on for months no wonder people just take sickies.
People can't even get days of 6 months away.

07 Jul 2019, 09:04

Is there any agreement out there that royalmail can do this because of the high levels of sick leave.

07 Jul 2019, 10:42

Joke of a company and they wonder why sick levels are so high .

07 Jul 2019, 11:21

i needed a tuesday off giving 5 months notice, declined
saw who was already booked off that week knowing some always work their leave for double pay and asked them to cancel a day to open up a slot for me
our area rep refuses to stop people working their leave, may have similar issues next year during half term where i usually take my kid away, can't book as now,
can partially understand some wanting extra money, but they book premium weeks off, should be a total block whilst in school holiday times

07 Jul 2019, 11:44

Annual Leave is supposed to be all booked for the year by the end of the preceding October & you cannot be prevented from taking AL that is already booked. Do you mean odd days of AL that you have not already booked ?

07 Jul 2019, 12:42

Fed up of trying to juggle odd days of leave , just given them the dates I want and plenty of notice. Problem is theirs now , there will an empty fitting them days lol.

07 Jul 2019, 13:14

Odd days of celgar

Etc days of falling of on back holidays etc...

9 month's I've waited then got told 2 weeks before flying out i wasn't getting days of.

Fellow colleagues cant get any days of for the next 12 weeks due to long term sick even guys that have applied for days off from January

07 Jul 2019, 13:57

Yamr1 wrote:Odd days of celgar

9 month's I've waited then got told 2 weeks before flying out i wasn't getting days of.

Fellow colleagues cant get any days of for the next 12 weeks due to long term sick even guys that have applied for days off from January

like i posted, there maybe people who have the week off you need a day or 2 off who may swap,
if not get union in to try sort it, i.e block people working their leave which isn't supposed to be allowed but happens almost every week in our d/o

07 Jul 2019, 14:54

Is It really that bad you can’t book holidays? Someone mentioned they couldn’t have anything until next year as they hadn’t booked them by a certain date (a date before we even worked for RM!). Got to think seriously if I should leave whilst I have the chance, or stick with it for the money.

07 Jul 2019, 15:03

korky wrote:

like i posted, there maybe people who have the week off you need a day or 2 off who may swap,
if not get union in to try sort it, i.e block people working their leave which isn't supposed to be allowed but happens almost every week in our d/o

Shouldn't get to this asking people to come in on there annual leave to work
Especially if your owed holidays

07 Jul 2019, 15:08

Yamr1 wrote:
korky wrote:

Shouldn't get to this asking people to come in on there annual leave to work

definitely but due to management and union policy it's probably the best way to go

07 Jul 2019, 15:12

had the same problems at my depot, manage to get the dates I wanted by stating its for medical reasons (making the point its very important and sensitive, so they cant press on why) as they have to take an interest of the condition of staff in that respect, or could be liable down the line. I no its not the best but you have to think out the box on these things.

07 Jul 2019, 16:17

This issue has been going on in my office for years. I have been in current place 5 years and have over 200 hours to use and they refuse nearly every request made. Longer serving memebers have over 9/10 weeks gathered up. This isn't your block booking weeks off, its single days. I requested it to be paid up but that was refused also as there is supposedly some agreement in place between union and office. Its ridiculous and basically theft .

07 Jul 2019, 16:32

Yamr1 wrote:Shouldn't get to this asking people to come in on there annual leave to work

Isn't the risk that instead of that, the DOM lowers all the leave ceilings, meaning even less people get the days that they want?

hero22 wrote:This issue has been going on in my office for years. I have been in current place 5 years and have over 200 hours to use and they refuse nearly every request made. Longer serving memebers have over 9/10 weeks gathered up. This isn't your block booking weeks off, its single days. I requested it to be paid up but that was refused also as there is supposedly some agreement in place between union and office. Its ridiculous and basically theft .

Is it possible that they might be refusing the odd days to keep weeks free for people who've got 1 or more complete weeks to use up?

07 Jul 2019, 16:43

no mate. there excuse is sickness is always too high. sometimes it is but theres weeks when maybe only 1/2 are off and its still too high. Just a con.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2