not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Joining the Union

09 Jun 2019, 15:46

I've never joined, should've done to be quite honest but nobody has ever asked me to. I expected our rep to ask when I started, but he's useless to be quite honest. The only thing is I don't want a penny of mine going to the Labour party, am I right in thinking you have to opt in nowadays? And what's the best way to do it? Online? I always try and use the postal system if I can.

Joining the Union

09 Jun 2019, 15:57

go to the cwu page, you can do it online, but you can ask for a form if you prefer, the money doesn't go to the Labour Party it goes to a political fund, but you can opt in out/ which ever it is, its worth doing, useless rep, I understand, that's why I'm doing the job now, very daunting and a lot to learn, I will make mistakes along the way, piss people off, I'm sure, but I'm here to retain hours and jobs not to be popular! why not give it a go?

Joining the Union

09 Jun 2019, 16:05

I've been critical of them in the past and money being spent turning up at anti trump rallies ect pisses me off, I don't care about politics frankly; their job is to look out for us workers when we need it. That said, it is a good thing and we enjoy decent terms and conditions because of them; we should support them. Especially with what's coming, there's gonna be trouble down the road I reckon.

Joining the Union

09 Jun 2019, 17:01

Waste of £4 a month.

They represented me in a disciplinary, and basically just turned up to four meetings. Absolutely f***ing hopeless.

Joining the Union

09 Jun 2019, 17:02

Trail wrote:Waste of £4 a month.

They represented me in a disciplinary, and basically just turned up to four meetings. Absolutely f***ing hopeless.

Sorry they didnt work out for you, i had the opposite experience and they helped me out a great deal.

Joining the Union

09 Jun 2019, 17:08

£4 a month?? Why have I been getting charged £10 a month??

Joining the Union

09 Jun 2019, 17:21

The charge depends on your contracted hours I think.

Joining the Union

09 Jun 2019, 17:28

postietom wrote:The charge depends on your contracted hours I think.

Maybe. I need to cancel mine anyway as I am leaving RM after 8 years in the job. Any idea how to cancel or do I just cancel the direct debit?

Joining the Union

09 Jun 2019, 17:43

sf25 wrote:

Maybe. I need to cancel mine anyway as I am leaving RM after 8 years in the job. Any idea how to cancel or do I just cancel the direct debit?

Tell your Manager I am sure he will be rubbing his hands as he does it on the PSP for you!

Joining the Union

09 Jun 2019, 17:47

sf25 wrote:

What you going on to do?

Joining the Union

09 Jun 2019, 18:00

postietom wrote:I've never joined, should've done to be quite honest but nobody has ever asked me to. I expected our rep to ask when I started, but he's useless to be quite honest. The only thing is I don't want a penny of mine going to the Labour party, am I right in thinking you have to opt in nowadays? And what's the best way to do it? Online? I always try and use the postal system if I can.

If you think your rep is useless then why waste your money?

Joining the Union

09 Jun 2019, 19:13

Our rep does it because nobody else wants to, I certainly wouldn't do it so I can't really blame him. He openly says he'll move aside if somebody else wants to do it so I can't really have a go. I'm gonna join to support the union, it's that simple. We're gonna need it shortly I reckon!

Joining the Union

09 Jun 2019, 19:24

postietom wrote:Our rep does it because nobody else wants to, I certainly wouldn't do it so I can't really blame him. He openly says he'll move aside if somebody else wants to do it so I can't really have a go. I'm gonna join to support the union, it's that simple. We're gonna need it shortly I reckon!

Fair play join in some good reps some crap ones but life aint get us all hppiness good luck if you ever need helg from union..

Joining the Union

09 Jun 2019, 20:00

postietom wrote:
sf25 wrote:

What you going on to do?

Going into the rail industry. Got fed up having to rely on overtime and still being a reserve after 8 years. Shame because I do enjoy the job most of the time and I like the people I work with.

Joining the Union

10 Jun 2019, 17:14

Most posties join the union as an insurance policy if they make a mistake on the job. If RM turn on you the union can usually save you unless you have done something really daft. You don't have to pay the political donation part to the Labour Party if you don't want to. Sounds like RM are going to start using the PDA data against us soon so we may all need to call on the union for assistance soon.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2