not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Penalty query

09 Jun 2019, 15:34

2 year serious offence PLUS 2 years removal from driving duties for not wearing seatbelt.
Expected a penalty , as I was guilty of offence but removal from driving duties is harsh imo.
Plus I believe there is nowhere in conduct code that permits additional " removal " from drive duties !
Thoughts gents

Penalty query

09 Jun 2019, 15:46

Iirc you were expecting to be sacked, being removed from driving some would argue as a bonus anyway. I think rm would say your disregard for following their rules and uk law in not wearing a seatbelt means you need to win back their trust by keeping your nose clean over the next 2 years before they trust you with driving their vehicles.
All in all i think you came out of this "ok", thats not to say you dont have some grounds to argue your case but at this point id say youre winning

Penalty query

09 Jun 2019, 15:47

Did somebody see you not wearing it?

Penalty query

09 Jun 2019, 15:49

Not wearing a seatbelt can be considered gross misconduct possibly leading to dismissal so that's your starting point. Anything less than that goes in the "win" column.

You're right that removal from driving should not be punitive and should be separated from the conduct case, any removal should be regularly assessed, loss of earnings should be considered and a 2 year ban is unusual in my experience.

Penalty query

09 Jun 2019, 15:50

number one wrote:Did somebody see you not wearing it?

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =1&t=90651

Penalty query

09 Jun 2019, 16:15

get a nice hct job and you wont miss driving.

Penalty query

09 Jun 2019, 17:33

Whilst I feel for the OP he was going to lose his job as he said himself guess it is for your own safety they took you off driving duties but in hind sight it could be considered a long time for a first offence and a harsh decision. Yet we let liar off the hook by deceiving a nation with nothing but a tut and a wink for saying we pay £350 million a week to the EU I guess telling lies to a nation is OK while not wearing some equipment that has dubious reputation in saving lives gets a harsher penalty for his own personal safety than someone who is paid by the state to represent us in high office something stinks to high hell double standards!

Penalty query

09 Jun 2019, 17:46

Royal mail - no seat belt - only going to hurt yourself - 2 year ban. Real world - drink driving - could kill people + yourself - 12 month ban. I know drink driving could carry a larger ban in serious cases, but why do royal mail deem themselves capable of giving stiffer punishments than the English justice system. I hope every driver in your office is wearing their seat belt at all times now.

Penalty query

09 Jun 2019, 18:05

Ciderboy1957 wrote:2 year serious offence PLUS 2 years removal from driving duties for not wearing seatbelt.
Expected a penalty , as I was guilty of offence but removal from driving duties is harsh imo.
Plus I believe there is nowhere in conduct code that permits additional " removal " from drive duties !
Thoughts gents

Until they're desperate for a driver.........

Penalty query

09 Jun 2019, 18:47

DICKIEG wrote:Royal mail - no seat belt - only going to hurt yourself - 2 year ban. Real world - drink driving - could kill people + yourself - 12 month ban. I know drink driving could carry a larger ban in serious cases, but why do royal mail deem themselves capable of giving stiffer punishments than the English justice system.

The law bans you from driving.
Royal Mail moves you to a non driving position.
In what world is that a "stiffer sentence"?

Not wearing a seatbelt is a clear sign that a member of staff does not understand their responsibilities as a Royal Mail driver, it is also a example of poor decision making while undertaking driving duties which could indicate a dangerous disregard of safety and security in a Royal Mail vehicle.

There is no petulant argument that holds water, it's not a very clever move whether you agree with the wearing of seatbelts or not because a) It's their van and therefore their rules and b) everybody is aware of the rules.

I would still argue that the decision should be reviewed at regular intervals and 2 years is unnecessarily long but you can't argue with the fact that it's a dumb move.

Penalty query

09 Jun 2019, 18:58

DICKIEG wrote:Royal mail - no seat belt - only going to hurt yourself - 2 year ban. Real world - drink driving - could kill people + yourself - 12 month ban. I know drink driving could carry a larger ban in serious cases, but why do royal mail deem themselves capable of giving stiffer punishments than the English justice system. I hope every driver in your office is wearing their seat belt at all times now.

Mean while in real life anyone caught drink driving should be banned for LIFE

Penalty query

09 Jun 2019, 19:03

DICKIEG wrote:Royal mail - no seat belt - only going to hurt yourself - 2 year ban. Real world - drink driving - could kill people + yourself - 12 month ban. I know drink driving could carry a larger ban in serious cases, but why do royal mail deem themselves capable of giving stiffer punishments than the English justice system. I hope every driver in your office is wearing their seat belt at all times now.

English justice system have they got one ffs

Penalty query

09 Jun 2019, 19:11

yellowbelly wrote:
Ciderboy1957 wrote:2 year serious offence PLUS 2 years removal from driving duties for not wearing seatbelt.
Thoughts gents

Until they're desperate for a driver.........

Thats what happened in my office suspended a colleague from driving for a year or so but when they were short just let him drive.

Penalty query

09 Jun 2019, 22:14

Been reading your post from day one; thank goodness u kept your job! although 2 years suspended from driving on the face of it is a bit harsh ;from now on keep your head down & keep under the rader.Best of luck

Penalty query

09 Jun 2019, 23:51

Deleted by myself
Last edited by Celtic warrior on 10 Jun 2019, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2