not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

sick Pay

15 May 2019, 14:58

I started working for RM the end of January. I have had no holidays, been working overtime and my day off.
I have just had 3 days off sick as was taken to hospital.
I have today received a letter to say I will not be getting sickpay.

Is this right?? I know I havent been at Royal Mail long but thought sickpay was paid.
Thanks in advance

sick Pay

15 May 2019, 15:20

has2tri wrote:I started working for RM the end of January. I have had no holidays, been working overtime and my day off.

Is this right?? I know I havent been at Royal Mail long but thought sickpay was paid.
Thanks in advance

Yes this is standard procedure. After 12 months service you will be entitled to full sick pay unless your contract states otherwise.

sick Pay

15 May 2019, 15:36

Thank you

sick Pay

15 May 2019, 16:32

Sledge4211 wrote:
has2tri wrote:I started working for RM the end of January. I have had no holidays, been working overtime and my day off.

Thanks in advance

Yes this is standard procedure. After 12 months service you will be entitled to full sick pay unless your contract states otherwise.

even after 12 months isn't it up to the DOM whether they pay you or not?

sick Pay

15 May 2019, 16:36

FirstPost wrote:
Sledge4211 wrote:

Thanks in advance

even after 12 months isn't it up to the DOM whether they pay you or not?

Yes but they have to have a very good reason why they stopped it unless you have exhausted the time limits.

sick Pay

15 May 2019, 18:29

probably why your sick working overtime and days off since January ?? :hmmmm :hmmmm :arrrghhh

sick Pay

17 May 2019, 11:26

You can claim ssp which won't pay you anything as you have not been over a week off. But it will still be better for you if you go on the sick within the next 26weeks and you had made a claim at this point, as the two separate or more periods can be linked and then theirs no WAITING TIME.

sick Pay

17 May 2019, 14:55

maisymoo04 wrote:probably why your sick working overtime and days off since January ?? :hmmmm :hmmmm :arrrghhh

Unfortunately I need the money :sad:

sick Pay

17 May 2019, 16:34

Navalron wrote:You can claim ssp which won't pay you anything as you have not been over a week off. But it will still be better for you if you go on the sick within the next 26weeks and you had made a claim at this point, as the two separate or more periods can be linked and then theirs no WAITING TIME.

In fact, you do not have to have been off work for over a week. This from the gov.uk website:

"You can get £94.25 per week Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) if you’re too ill to work. It’s paid by your employer for up to 28 weeks.

"You need to qualify for SSP and have been off work sick for 4 or more days in a row (including non-working days).

"You cannot get less than the statutory amount."

https://www.gov.uk/statutory-sick-pay

sick Pay

17 May 2019, 20:23

has2tri wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:probably why your sick working overtime and days off since January ?? :hmmmm :hmmmm :arrrghhh

Unfortunately I need the money :sad:

:nervous :wink:

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1