not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

New idiot proof vans.

14 May 2019, 16:44

Anyone had the new idiot proof vans introduced at their DO yet. I think they are Peugeot and instead of having the manual handbrake handle you just pull up or release there is a new fangled lit up button on the dashboard. My first day for using it today but I couldn't get it to move at all. Ended up swapping with another postie who could figure it out. Hoping I can either figure it out tomorrow or be able to swap vans. Technology sucks!!

New idiot proof vans.

14 May 2019, 16:50

I sympathise, I have one of those in my car, hill starts were a bugger till I trained myself in the new method, now its no problem.

Mine is a button near the usual place for a handbrake and you can hear the brakes engaging, its a pull button though not a push one. Also, it has two positions one for normal parking and one for steep hills.

New idiot proof vans.

14 May 2019, 17:03

Our yard is on a slope which I suppose could be considered a H&S issue. The lorry drivers sometimes have a go about it but its what we have. So a slope down to our exit on to the main road combined with worrying about starting to move forward with the handbrake still on worries me. To me it feels as unnecessary as reinventing the wheel.

New idiot proof vans.

14 May 2019, 17:52

Celgar wrote:Our yard is on a slope which I suppose could be considered a H&S issue. The lorry drivers sometimes have a go about it but its what we have. So a slope down to our exit on to the main road combined with worrying about starting to move forward with the handbrake still on worries me. To me it feels as unnecessary as reinventing the wheel.

That was also difficult to get used to, but in my car as soon as you press the accelerator the hand break disengages automatically, which is why its best not to rev the engine when stopped at lights etc.

New idiot proof vans.

14 May 2019, 18:02

This might help http://www.peuclub.com/pgcont-1357.html

New idiot proof vans.

15 May 2019, 19:26

Celgar wrote:Our yard is on a slope which I suppose could be considered a H&S issue. The lorry drivers sometimes have a go about it but its what we have. So a slope down to our exit on to the main road combined with worrying about starting to move forward with the handbrake still on worries me. To me it feels as unnecessary as reinventing the wheel.

Here here.

In my own car the automatic lights and wipers are switched off. I refused to have a car that had one of the handbrakes you describe. We don't need to make things automatic that are virtually effortless as it is! I'm quite capable of pulling a leaver or switching a switch.

New idiot proof vans.

15 May 2019, 19:31

Got shown how to use the new van today so I'm using it now. Apparently the van comes under a new classification and as it runs on petrol instead of diesal it is easier to use in London. Not sure if it is to do with the congestion charge or something else. Sounds like this is the van we will all use in the end unless something better happens with electric vehicles.
It is wider and quite a bit longer than my old Peugeot Bipper so maybe this new van will help with the increasing number of parcels.

New idiot proof vans.

15 May 2019, 19:33

Celgar wrote:Got shown how to use the new van today so I'm using it now. Apparently the van comes under a new classification and as it runs on petrol instead of diesal it is easier to use in London. Not sure if it is to do with the congestion charge or something else. Sounds like this is the van we will all use in the end unless something better happens with electric vehicles.
It is wider and quite a bit longer than my old Peugeot Bipper so maybe this new van will help with the increasing number of parcels.

they've got you a new van to make you work harder and longer :left:

New idiot proof vans.

15 May 2019, 20:56

Celgar wrote:Got shown how to use the new van today so I'm using it now. Apparently the van comes under a new classification and as it runs on petrol instead of diesal it is easier to use in London. Not sure if it is to do with the congestion charge or something else. Sounds like this is the van we will all use in the end unless something better happens with electric vehicles.

It’s not difficult to be longer and wider than a bipper! Not sure who thinks they are suitable for any delivery!

New idiot proof vans.

15 May 2019, 21:15

Or possibly due to the fact that diesel vans are not good for short start stop journeys? Typically there are two or three Fiat Doblos going through the regen cycle at the office, daily...

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1