not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Foreign Speicals

14 May 2019, 16:43

Hello,

I have a question regarding foreign items that come through as specials, how do your offices mark these? ours don't mark them but have heard a office near puts a green mark on them.

Foreign Speicals

14 May 2019, 16:44

No marking required here as we get them from the locker.

Foreign Speicals

14 May 2019, 16:49

Someone separates them out but there is often no rhyme or reason as to which ones are selected. For example in the past I have seen ones with over thirty quid worth of postage on that are not SDs but others that appear to maybe be from China with virtually no postage on them that are called SDs.

Foreign Speicals

14 May 2019, 17:30

when scanned as delivered 9 times out of 10 no signature required on the PDA, so if they fit through the letterbox so be it.also beneficial is that they don't have the 1 o'clock time line.as the royal mail specials. yet we do have items through normal packet sorting if you scan them they require a signature, I remember when we first started using the PDAs the then DOM said scan every bl---- barcode, I think at the time pressure from above came into it .

Foreign Speicals

14 May 2019, 20:38

foreign specials are only there to keep the numbers up, so royal mail can still say they have got a viable service for a premium price.

the one o'clock time limit will soon be replaced by a guarenteed next day delivery ( which is what 99% of people want anyway ) must be costing a fortune in fuel and overtime when we have to cut off to drive mailes out of your way for a SD.

Foreign Speicals

14 May 2019, 20:51

doorstepped wrote:foreign specials are only there to keep the numbers up, so royal mail can still say they have got a viable service for a premium price.

the one o'clock time limit will soon be replaced by a guarenteed next day delivery ( which is what 99% of people want anyway ) must be costing a fortune in fuel and overtime when we have to cut off to drive mailes out of your way for a SD.

RM might be going to have time slots, the software for it has been live for a good few months

Foreign Speicals

15 May 2019, 00:48

SpacePhoenix wrote:
doorstepped wrote:foreign specials are only there to keep the numbers up, so royal mail can still say they have got a viable service for a premium price.

RM might be going to have time slots, the software for it has been live for a good few months

Even more specific time slots?

If so, does this mean they are going to give all Special Delivery items to a van driver to deliver and take them away from Postie Van Shares?

Foreign Speicals

15 May 2019, 06:42

norris9 wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:

Even more specific time slots?

If so, does this mean they are going to give all Special Delivery items to a van driver to deliver and take them away from Postie Van Shares?

I think it's just Tracked (or at least initially Tracked) and I believe that it's 2hr time slots

Foreign Speicals

15 May 2019, 06:49

SpacePhoenix wrote:I think it's just Tracked (or at least initially Tracked) and I believe that it's 2hr time slots

And it isn't a guaranteed time slot.

Foreign Speicals

15 May 2019, 12:13

clashcityrocker wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:I think it's just Tracked (or at least initially Tracked) and I believe that it's 2hr time slots

And it isn't a guaranteed time slot.

and the OPG isn't informed if there is one of these items on his duty.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1