not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Refusing to deliver leaflets

14 May 2019, 12:54

On what grounds can we refuse to deliver certain political leaflets?

14 May 2019, 13:20

You can, but you can be removed off duty as someone will have to deliver them

Theres info on this thread.

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE

14 May 2019, 14:10

Special Circumstances

It is jointly recognised that Royal Mail has a legal obligation to secure the delivery of
election material for all nominated candidates and parties.

Whilst it is expected that delivery will be made by the individual due to undertake the
particular delivery, local management will deal sensitively and sympathetically with
genuine requests to deviate from this arrangement.

Such cases may arise as a result of personal circumstances or beliefs or where an
individual believes that delivery of a particular item may incur personal risk.

If such instances arise alternative measures will be used to secure delivery. These may
include the use of volunteers from within the office or neighbouring offices to cover more
than one delivery or, as a last resort, the use of supplementary resource.

15 May 2019, 09:45

geordieboy123 wrote:On what grounds can we refuse to deliver certain political leaflets?

Your delivering them not reading them so get on with it

15 May 2019, 11:42

PHARRY wrote:
geordieboy123 wrote:On what grounds can we refuse to deliver certain political leaflets?

Are you just here to troll. Because it's getting boring now. Heres a fun idea, try to help people by advising them, sniping from the sidelines is so last year.

15 May 2019, 14:35

PHARRY wrote:

Unlike you it seems some of us have principles and are genuinely worried about far right groups getting a foothold in our society, do you understand that?

15 May 2019, 19:00

Few years ago I refused to deliver BNP leaflets in our area,the only one in an office of over 50,lack of morals was infuriating.

15 May 2019, 21:52

It's forced overtime. You shouldn't have to rely on 'special circumstances' or your beliefs for an excuse not to do them.

It's scandalous and I don't know why the union let it go on time after time.

15 May 2019, 22:46

geordieboy123 wrote:
PHARRY wrote:

Unlike you it seems some of us have principles and are genuinely worried about far right groups getting a foothold in our society, do you understand that?

While i admire anyone standing up for their principles and am not putting you down in any way here, I always wonder why people, especially it seems the left side of society seem to think their beliefs or principles should take precedence over democracy. If and i am again not supporting any far right party, but if they did get a foothold in society it would be because society or a group of society voted for them. We cant preach democracy then try to deny it from occuring.

17 May 2019, 11:18

lillywhite wrote:Few years ago I refused to deliver BNP leaflets in our area,the only one in an office of over 50,lack of morals was infuriating.

That's not lack of morals, that's choice. This is a democratic country (supposedly). Most people just get on with their jobs.

17 May 2019, 20:57

Going off the earlier posts, I will decide not to deliver any political leaflet except The Brexit Party as the rest conflicts with conscience, I'm sure Labour and Momentum will be very understanding of my choices.

18 May 2019, 06:34

As a Labour Party member I have no problem with that.
Momentum don't stand candidates so I don't think they would care.

18 May 2019, 11:12

NWpostie wrote:Going off the earlier posts, I will decide not to deliver any political leaflet except The Brexit Party as the rest conflicts with conscience, I'm sure Labour and Momentum will be very understanding of my choices.

Thats what I have been telling people since 2007. The conscience clause allows you to do that.

18 May 2019, 13:53

NWpostie wrote:Going off the earlier posts, I will decide not to deliver any political leaflet except The Brexit Party as the rest conflicts with conscience, I'm sure Labour and Momentum will be very understanding of my choices.

Why would Labour (and Momentum?) even know?
Do you think RM are going to write to them to tell them that NWpostie isn't delivering their leaflets?
RM has a responsibility to ensure the leaflets are delivered and so they will be delivered by someone else.

Have you delivered election material for these candidates in the past?
You might be required to explain why you have had this massive change of conscience.

I once worked in an office where a bloke refused to deliver Labour leaflets because his brother had died in iraq (IIRC) and he felt as Labour had led the country into an illegal war they were in part responsible for his brother's death.
That is what the conscience clause is there for not for people to show us how big their Brexit willy is.

18 May 2019, 14:19

With the state of all the political parties at the moment one would be forgiven for conscience objection to them all even they cannot agree in their own circles!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2