not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff

14 May 2019, 12:46

One again we have the absolute ridiculous scenes where you have to COUNT by hand, in your head, using a pencil, manually, whatever, Poll Cards.
This is just stupidity. In this day and age, with all the technology available, we have to count them. Makes my blood boil.

Some people get 3p some people get twice as much. Stupid.

You have to 'claim' and hope your manager gets it right. Stupid.

If we are paid for them separately, surely this means we have a choice? Can I choose not to deliver them? No way.

Then there is the whole hornets nest of 'you can't claim overtime'. How do I know which items took me over my time? Stupid.

Everything, every single thing we do should be under the normal workload. We should be free to choose to work overtime or cut off.

14 May 2019, 13:24

you can choose not to take the extra payment per item and then just work your hours as usual following cut off procedure. You`ll still have to take election material into your workload but then dont book the extra money per item, then youd be 100% justified in finishing at your contracted finish time.
When booking the extra payment per item you are essentially agreeing to that implied overtime. For a lot of posties this is basically money for old rope as they can finish within their duty time (or slightly over) and get the extra payments so its win-win. If its causing you to go over and you do not wish to, then I think working to your time but not booking per item would be a fair trade off and thus would mean they couldnt expect you to work over.

14 May 2019, 14:12

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE

14 May 2019, 14:29

That Labour election leaflet was far to thin to even try & deliver without out mail, Health & Safety issue :cuppa

14 May 2019, 16:36

mattycash wrote:That Labour election leaflet was far to thin to even try & deliver without out mail, Health & Safety issue :cuppa

I thought the greens were thinner, at least here they were.

14 May 2019, 16:52

The worst so far were UKIPs addressed leaflet.
The were stuck together with some kind of electrical charge left behind by Farage.

It's always been an interesting conundrum in a business that doesn't do compulsory overtime how can you compel people to deliver leaflets without resourcing the work.

Never had a satisfactory answer to that one.

14 May 2019, 17:14

POSTMAN wrote:ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE

4. How are you meant to know which bits of mail are making you go over? It's obviously everything equally.

Also, doesn't mention any option not to deliver them. No choice in the matter.

15 May 2019, 17:26

Royal Mail doesn't want to pay you either. That was part of the proposals in the last pay negotiations.

15 May 2019, 17:44

Bernardson wrote:Royal Mail doesn't want to pay you either. That was part of the proposals in the last pay negotiations.

I always get paid for them, even if I do 30 I still get paid. :Boo hoo!

16 May 2019, 19:01

It’s stupid yes but everything is in this company and if they want you to waste time counting poll cards etc then so be it, if it takes you over your time cut off.

16 May 2019, 20:37

Jpro747 wrote:It’s stupid yes but everything is in this company and if they want you to waste time counting poll cards etc then so be it, if it takes you over your time cut off.

That's the whole point. You can't. You aren't meant to anyway, as they have to be done in your own time.

19 May 2019, 13:32

Woody Guthrie wrote:The worst so far were UKIPs addressed leaflet.
The were stuck together with some kind of electrical charge left behind by Farage.

It's always been an interesting conundrum in a business that doesn't do compulsory overtime how can you compel people to deliver leaflets without resourcing the work.

isn't farage now with the Brexit party not ukip?

19 May 2019, 13:42

arnold cheshire wrote:

He left because of all the in fighting ask Mike Hookem failing that Steven Woolfe or Diane James what a joke talk about big hitters in the party. :chuckle

19 May 2019, 13:44

arnold cheshire wrote:

Yes.
The joke if it could be called that was that Farage had left behind the electrical charge like some kind of manifestation of evil.

19 May 2019, 14:12

What ever happened to Henry Bolton? he was UKIP leader was he not you know the guy always had women in suitcases https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... andal.html

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1