not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

How busy will tomorrow be?

14 Apr 2020, 16:16

We had 65 York's of parcels today.About 40 done

14 Apr 2020, 16:44

That has to have been one of the worst days for packets i have ever known in my 33 years at Royal Mail. And no overtime allowed to help clear it :arrrghhh

14 Apr 2020, 16:50

I'm wondering when we'll get warehouse space to store the backlog that's building up.

Didn't have a hope of making much of a dent today, and I bet tomorrow is even worse.

14 Apr 2020, 17:38

Well I just got finished about 1.5 hours ago but still managed to work to my time somehow because we werent doing Tuesday hours because of the bank holiday :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

Started 30 minutes early and still worked to my time. My van was full to the back and front full of amazon parcels and ebay shite. Im on a rural

Also had the rates go out today so it was basically a 95% call rate just on the letters alone!!! It was so bad my packets were falling over eachother absolutely no way I could order my packets in any sort of sensible way. :pray :pray

After I finished on the way back I took 2 tracked parcels that I missed from the estates. Forgot to mention that I failed to deliver 2 parcels and 3 houses worth of mail because there was a tractor herding sheep across the road and I couldnt be f*cked waiting :d'oh! :d'oh! So I just turned around and went to my next call :dance :dance

My manager has been supportive and in todays meeting he thanked us all for our hard work and I got told if I can do it now then I can do it anytime. Made me feel good as I only recently transfered to this DO after 3 years at another one. :Very Happy

14 Apr 2020, 17:53

Mark_F wrote:I'm wondering when we'll get warehouse space to store the backlog that's building up.

Didn't have a hope of making much of a dent today, and I bet tomorrow is even worse.

They need to get some suitable massive warehouses near to the RDCs to store it, then send it down to the MCs as and when they've got the capacity to process it

14 Apr 2020, 17:56

how will the the rest of the week be?

14 Apr 2020, 18:00

All you have to do is work your hours nothing more nothing less

14 Apr 2020, 19:12

Munchboii wrote:........
..................and I got told if I can do it now then I can do it anytime. .......

When it gets to next Xmas pressure, when it's dark, cold, chucking it down with rain and you want
to work to your time, his statement might come back to bite you on the arse when you say you might not be able to complete........

14 Apr 2020, 20:32

Munchboii wrote: in todays meeting

Telling Boris, any social gatherings of more than 2 people are banned.

15 Apr 2020, 03:20

What a bunch of whinging cnuts! The guys at the NHS are cracking on and not crying about how busy it is, you should all be embarrassed.

15 Apr 2020, 07:07

nightwatchman wrote:What a bunch of whinging cnuts! The guys at the NHS are cracking on and not crying about how busy it is, you should all be embarrassed.

What a pointless comparison.

NHS are saving lives.......in the main we are delivering crap bought by bored people stuck at home.

15 Apr 2020, 09:33

I have worked on the post 4 33 years, yesterday I saw things I have never seen before, because of staff being down more parcels are in the warehouses for longer. Yesterday when I came back from my collections the warehouses where full, so full that there was no York’s, there wasn’t even any room to unload the van, Parcels are on divert to depots sometimes a long way from there original depot.
Be prepared if u are on delivery things are going to be extremely hard in the next couple of days.

15 Apr 2020, 14:57

today was easy in comparison to last week.

15 Apr 2020, 15:12

norris9 wrote:today was easy in comparison to last week.

Yep no flats etc we see tomorrow.

15 Apr 2020, 15:41

Not too bad. A bank holiday week normally means Wednesday becomes like a slightly heavier Tuesday then Thursday and Friday are really heavy, so with all the additional parcels at the moment I’m expecting the rest of the week to be fairly horrendous.

15 Apr 2020, 17:51

Well today didn't seem too bad. Still busy, but I expected a lot worse.

15 Apr 2020, 18:15

Zicomurphy wrote:

Not too bad. A bank holiday week normally means Wednesday becomes like a slightly heavier Tuesday then Thursday and Friday are really heavy, so with all the additional parcels at the moment I’m expecting the rest of the week to be fairly horrendous.

Brother works at the mail centre. They have had over a quarter of a million parcels through today, no storage and all yorks have been used up already. Basically expect a really heavy Thursday

18 Apr 2020, 13:27

The busiest day of the week today but I am on six and a half hours .

18 Apr 2020, 13:48

Easy one today out @ 8:45 back for 12:10 might watch a bit of footie down the ............ bugger :silenced

18 Apr 2020, 16:03

Tracked packets have gone up, some very small items now having the 'tracked' label on it... I'm wondering if customer's now know their 'untracked' parcels are left lying in Yorkies not being delivered, and spending a little more for that next day guarantee?

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3