not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Delivery attempts before knocking down

17 Apr 2019, 15:28

What's the amount of delivery attempts that should be made before returning mail to sender? There's a takeaway on a duty I'm currently covering, they've got no letterbox or delivery point. Normally I'd try and slide mail under a door or shutter, but no can do either. Neither of the shops either side will take it. I'm sure I overheard once you should try residential properties x amount of times and comercial premises x amount of times before returning the mail.

17 Apr 2019, 15:30

postietom wrote:What's the amount of delivery attempts that should be made before returning mail to sender? There's a takeaway on a duty I'm currently covering, they've got no letterbox or delivery point. Normally I'd try and slide mail under a door or shutter, but no can do either. Neither of the shops either side will take it. I'm sure I overheard once you should try residential properties x amount of times and comercial premises x amount of times before returning the mail.

no delivery point, you kill it off until there is one

17 Apr 2019, 17:21

no access. kill off.

17 Apr 2019, 17:41

It might be a good idea to mention it to your manager then they can go and discuss it with the place and discuss options.
It used to be the case that you had to try something for 18 days (equivalent to the time an item would be kept if P739d) before you could kill it off.

17 Apr 2019, 17:51

By the book you are not allowed to hold mail in the office unless the customer has applied for a retention, however the unofficial time limit which is acceptable in most offices is 3 days. so if no joy within 3 days KILL OFF.

17 Apr 2019, 18:38

I remember once a few year back there was a house on my old duty that didn't have a letterbox because it was a brand new door. and they hadn't put a one in the door. so I took the letter back to the office. the gaffer said hold it for 3 days, if they don't get one put in by then, kill it off and we'll write to them and let them know. I said and where will I post this reminder!! to which he just shrugged his shoulders. :Very Happy

17 Apr 2019, 20:34

daveyeff wrote:I remember once a few year back there was a house on my old duty that didn't have a letterbox because it was a brand new door. and they hadn't put a one in the door. so I took the letter back to the office. the gaffer said hold it for 3 days, if they don't get one put in by then, kill it off and we'll write to them and let them know. I said and where will I post this reminder!! to which he just shrugged his shoulders. :Very Happy

:Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy

17 Apr 2019, 22:26

Strictly speaking if there is nowhere safe to leave the mail and no letterbox then you should kill it off marking the 'inaccessible' box on the kill off sticker on the same day. To do otherwise is to be providing a free keep safe service which is not allowed.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1