not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Not getting paid overtime

17 Apr 2019, 13:09

So it's the third week in a row where I've been underpaid for overtime- I've spoken to the manager and the guy who does the overtime about this- they said I would be paid for it this week. Well I've just got my payslip and I've been under paid again- by at least a few hours. It's getting ridiculous now and I'm seriously thinking of quitting- it seems like they're deliberately not trying to pay me. I will have to speak to them again now to find out why- they will tell me don't worry you'll get it next week- but fourth time in a row- nope, still underpaid. I don't know what else to do now, I mean I don't even claim for breaks which I could do- I just want what I've worked for. Is there anything else I can do? It's just annoying me now, I don't like having to constantly approach them the next day after my payslip to ask about it. The way the overtime is done is unprofessional, such a poor system. It doesn't even give you a break down of your weekly overtime on payslip- it just says weekday overtime. I keep a note of all the hours overtime I've worked so I know I'm right. Should I go to the union at this point?

17 Apr 2019, 14:30

weekday overtime 1st 10 hrs nothing wrong with that breakdown as you said dreamflyer you have kept a note of it, whats your rep said about it ?? sorry waste time asking him :whistle :whistle

17 Apr 2019, 14:51

dreamflyer wrote:So it's the third week in a row where I've been underpaid for overtime- I've spoken to the manager and the guy who does the overtime about this- they said I would be paid for it this week. Well I've just got my payslip and I've been under paid again- by at least a few hours. It's getting ridiculous now and I'm seriously thinking of quitting- it seems like they're deliberately not trying to pay me. I will have to speak to them again now to find out why- they will tell me don't worry you'll get it next week- but fourth time in a row- nope, still underpaid. I don't know what else to do now, I mean I don't even claim for breaks which I could do- I just want what I've worked for. Is there anything else I can do? It's just annoying me now, I don't like having to constantly approach them the next day after my payslip to ask about it. The way the overtime is done is unprofessional, such a poor system. It doesn't even give you a break down of your weekly overtime on payslip- it just says weekday overtime. I keep a note of all the hours overtime I've worked so I know I'm right. Should I go to the union at this point?

its fraud,

they messaging the office figures, they do this on purpose to make numbers and hit targets.....

file a grievance and speak to rep.

17 Apr 2019, 15:02

Tell them that until they start paying the correct overtime payments you will not be doing any further overtime, ie cutting off. Alternatively tell them that you deem the non payment as an unauthorised loan and will be invoicing the company accordingly including a very high percentage interest rate and a £25 admin fee. Job done.

17 Apr 2019, 16:14

Threat of the small claims court works a treat :whistle

18 Apr 2019, 21:02

noggin1969 wrote:Threat of the small claims court works a treat :whistle

This is the best one. Send a letter to your DOM holding him personally responsible for the deficiencies in your overtime payment and that if these errors are not corrected by next weeks payday you will be filing a claim under the Small Claims Court citing him as the person responsible.

21 Apr 2019, 11:00

Had a similar problem years ago, I was short 2 hours for 3 weeks speaking with the manager & person who dealt with the OT on a couple of occasions throughout that period. After the 3rd non-payment, I walked into his office the next day I was in & said that if I was still short the 2 hours in the 4th weeks pay when I check it on Friday, I would be claiming my 2 hours back on the Saturday essentially finishing 2 hours early, he promptly got me a fresh OT sheet & got me to sign it & it was all sorted.

3 weeks to get paid 2 hours was taking the absolute piss I don't know if it was deliberately intentional or just incompetence on several levels, but it was still unacceptable, I know it was only 2 hours, but it was the principle of it. I'm sure if I had made good on my threat though that there would have been conduct code repercussions, but there should have been repercussions for failure to get paid correctly for 3 weeks.

21 Apr 2019, 22:16

Nothing changes then!!!!!!

22 Apr 2019, 00:17

There are no repercussions, that's why this fraud will continue for ever.

From the Managers viewpoint it is a win for them or worst case break even.

22 Apr 2019, 08:18

Email advicecentrePAY@royalmail.com

Phone Royal Mail HR Services 0845 60 60 603 (or +44 114 241 4545 if you are calling from outside the United Kingdom). The helpline is open from 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (not including bank holidays).

22 Apr 2019, 19:04

My advice is don't work Over Time tell the manager you cannot complete with a witness and bring it back for them to do or sort out they will soon repent as their leisure will be curtailed!

22 Apr 2019, 19:26

Balancing the books. They do it in our office. Put in a grievance, it’ll soon change. Fraud, it sure is. Good job it’s not a real company.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1