not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE


Are RM shoes compulsory?

16 Apr 2019, 15:16

I don't have a health issue regarding RM footwear, I find them heavy and uncomfortable for wearing while out on delivery. My office is now saying all posties must wear RM footwear, but up until now we had been allowed to wear whatever footwear we wanted. Can they insist I wear them? I think i'll end up with foot problems if I wear them for long periods of time, and would prefer to wear my own plain black comfortable walking shoes which I have worn for the past 3 years. Is it documented somewhere that RM footwear is compulsory to be worn?

Are RM shoes compulsory?

16 Apr 2019, 15:44

yes, although you can put your own gel insoles in.

Are RM shoes compulsory?

16 Apr 2019, 16:30

you can get a dr's note to say RM standard issue shoes aren't suitable and you are allowed £30 (just gone up but not sure how much) towards buying your own footwear twice per year, as long has they're not bright orange, it's ok

Are RM shoes compulsory?

16 Apr 2019, 19:15

I always wear my own , because the quality,comfort and longevity of Royal Mail kit is beneath the level of abysmal.
No one ever says anything, only periodically and then it's ignored, especially if you look around at what others are wearing and not just footwear eitger, some people don't appear to wear anything that is provided by Royal Mail, speaks volumes really.

Are RM shoes compulsory?

16 Apr 2019, 19:27

Royal mail footwear is not compulsory .You can wear any footwear that is suitable for the job as long as they are black or dark colours.

Are RM shoes compulsory?

16 Apr 2019, 20:49

So the stories about people falling over on delivery whilst not wearing approved RM shoes with no drs note and getting conducted are false?

Are RM shoes compulsory?

16 Apr 2019, 20:50

world class male wrote:you can get a dr's note to say RM standard issue shoes aren't suitable and you are allowed £30 (just gone up but not sure how much) towards buying your own footwear twice per year, as long has they're not bright orange, it's ok

£34 now.

Are RM shoes compulsory?

16 Apr 2019, 21:06

zipmeister wrote:Royal mail footwear is not compulsory .You can wear any footwear that is suitable for the job as long as they are black or dark colours.


Yes it is. As others have said, you need a note from a doctor if you're wearing non Royal Mail footwear. The rule may not be enforced at different offices, but it's a rule non the less.

Are RM shoes compulsory?

16 Apr 2019, 21:31

Unless you have managers permission (Dr's note) then you must wear RM supplied footwear. Enforcement differs from office to office. I wear my trainers on the regular and never get picked up on it but I'm sure that if I had a slip/fall that resulted in an injury that would be the first thing they checked. Probably should start wearing the proper shoes really... :nana

Thought this was quite interesting though.

"Polo shirt
Must not be worn on customer-facing duties."


http://www.cwu-e4.co.uk/Royal_Mail_Unif ... eement.pdf

Are RM shoes compulsory?

17 Apr 2019, 08:47

Ren Hoëk wrote:Unless you have managers permission (Dr's note) then you must wear RM supplied footwear. Enforcement differs from office to office. I wear my trainers on the regular and never get picked up on it but I'm sure that if I had a slip/fall that resulted in an injury that would be the first thing they checked. Probably should start wearing the proper shoes really... :nana

Thought this was quite interesting though.

"Polo shirt
Must not be worn on customer-facing duties."


http://www.cwu-e4.co.uk/Royal_Mail_Unif ... eement.pdf

That’s a mad one! Seeing as most of the photos used on posters and on Royal Mail tv people are wearing them. Also noticed they hardly ever have hi vis vests on when on delivery.

Are RM shoes compulsory?

17 Apr 2019, 14:11

postietom wrote:
zipmeister wrote:Royal mail footwear is not compulsory .You can wear any footwear that is suitable for the job as long as they are black or dark colours.


Yes it is. As others have said, you need a note from a doctor if you're wearing non Royal Mail footwear. The rule may not be enforced at different offices, but it's a rule non the less.

You don't need a note from your Dr , I should imagine they've got better things to do , get one from a podiatrist. If they want us to wear the footwear ,then it's about they provided decent ,quality and durable footwear. I won't hold my breath.

Are RM shoes compulsory?

17 Apr 2019, 14:37

Ren Hoëk wrote:"Polo shirt
Must not be worn on customer-facing duties."


http://www.cwu-e4.co.uk/Royal_Mail_Unif ... eement.pdf

And how old is that document?
The tie is no longer part of our uniform and hasn't been for about 15 years.

Are RM shoes compulsory?

17 Apr 2019, 15:10

clashcityrocker wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:"Polo shirt
Must not be worn on customer-facing duties."


http://www.cwu-e4.co.uk/Royal_Mail_Unif ... eement.pdf

And how old is that document?

The tie is no longer part of our uniform and hasn't been for about 15 years.


MATE. I don't know. I found it on the CWU website. Feel free to link to a more up to date one. I also quoted that as it did seem peculiar.

Are RM shoes compulsory?

17 Apr 2019, 16:32

aiden01 wrote:
world class male wrote:you can get a dr's note to say RM standard issue shoes aren't suitable and you are allowed £30 (just gone up but not sure how much) towards buying your own footwear twice per year, as long has they're not bright orange, it's ok

£34 now.


How do you claim £34? I will be taking the note from my GP.

Are RM shoes compulsory?

17 Apr 2019, 20:25

Sylvia79 wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
world class male wrote:you can get a dr's note to say RM standard issue shoes aren't suitable and you are allowed £30 (just gone up but not sure how much) towards buying your own footwear twice per year, as long has they're not bright orange, it's ok

£34 now.


How do you claim £34? I will be taking the note from my GP.

Get letter from your GP and give it to your manager they should do the rest. i always get it paid within 2 weeks.

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3