not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Lapsing help

12 Apr 2019, 16:56

Our office is short staffed so we are been told to lapse by the manager to get outdoor work covered.To make it possible my manager plus p/t's who need the ot to make up there wages are coming in early before full timers on ips.We then come in to start on time and the majority of my ips work is done so I now have time to take my outdoor Lapsing .Can he take my indoor work off me to give me more outdoor?
Last edited by ROSSCO on 12 Apr 2019, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.

Lessing help

12 Apr 2019, 17:15

If people are in early we can't lapse so the agreement says

Lessing help

12 Apr 2019, 17:17

arnold cheshire wrote:If people are in early we can't lapse so the agreement says

What agreement?

Lessing help

12 Apr 2019, 17:36

Our managers have early more sorters so they can lapse more !!!

People have become reliant on the overtime and can't see the bigger pictures, making it worse for the rest of us

Lessing help

12 Apr 2019, 18:15

clashcityrocker wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:If people are in early we can't lapse so the agreement says

What agreement?

That's what the union rep says

Lessing help

12 Apr 2019, 18:16

clashcityrocker wrote:

What agreement?
when I say early I mean before full time IPS starts

Lessing help

12 Apr 2019, 18:53

I have stated on here before, if they put on there o/t, then they are telling you, there is too much work!!! you can only lapse if there is time!!! by putting on o/t there is not ample time to lapse, challenge him!!!

Lapsing help

12 Apr 2019, 20:32

been doing it in my office for at least 3 years

Lapsing help

12 Apr 2019, 22:45

ROSSCO wrote:Our office is short staffed so we are been told to lapse by the manager to get outdoor work covered.To make it possible my manager plus p/t's who need the ot to make up there wages are coming in early before full timers on ips.We then come in to start on time and the majority of my ips work is done so I now have time to take my outdoor Lapsing .Can he take my indoor work off me to give me more outdoor?

I'd imagine they can. You aren't entitled to a certain percentage of indoor/outdoor work. If you have time within your paid hours to perform lapse then you should lapse if requested. Take your breaks, use a trolley, don't rush and ensure you follow all health and safety rules on delivery and you probably won't have time to complete your own delivery, let alone lapse.

Lapsing help

01 May 2019, 09:28

Over the last 4 weeks we have all stuck together & knocked the Tuesday lapsing back (well most of us, the old timers still take it) yesterday they cancelled the work time meeting saying it will now be held on Fridays, so we could all have more time to take the lapsing, a few more cracked & took the lapsing, managers got right face on him today, roll on Friday :Very Happy

Lapsing help

01 May 2019, 12:52

Really, how long does lapsing take 10 15 minutes tops, you spend longer arguing your not taking it, just get it done then go home and forget about it.

Lapsing help

01 May 2019, 12:59

yeah it shouldnt be done this way, the union should be insisting on following procedure. If PTers want extra hours they can do it on the backend and cover the lapsing duties on OT.

Lapsing help

01 May 2019, 17:28

leolion855 wrote:Really, how long does lapsing take 10 15 minutes tops, you spend longer arguing your not taking it, just get it done then go home and forget about it.

Then there is the time for bundling, and actually travelling to the start point of the lapsing

Lapsing help

01 May 2019, 17:49

ROSSCO wrote:Our office is short staffed so we are been told to lapse by the manager to get outdoor work covered.To make it possible my manager plus p/t's who need the ot to make up there wages are coming in early before full timers on ips.We then come in to start on time and the majority of my ips work is done so I now have time to take my outdoor Lapsing .Can he take my indoor work off me to give me more outdoor?

I guess the answer you are looking for is yes. It would be easier and far less stressful for a manager to just bring someone in at short notice to cover but if they can't the other option is to pay overtime to bring staff in early to prep and do IPS in an effort to get everyone out the door early so that everyone can take a bit extra. I only ever take it if I've got the time to do it, but often I haven't so I don't take it.

Lapsing help

01 May 2019, 17:56

DICKIEG wrote:
leolion855 wrote:Really, how long does lapsing take 10 15 minutes tops, you spend longer arguing your not taking it, just get it done then go home and forget about it.

Then there is the time for bundling, and actually travelling to the start point of the lapsing

what travel time? if its organised properly its on the way to your round anyway, Bundling up one street of letters takes what 2 minutes?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2