not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

No seat belt

12 Apr 2019, 15:11

Caught red handed coming back into Depot , no seat belt on by manager .I hear it's a dismissal offence ?

No seat belt

12 Apr 2019, 16:10

I don't know the rules pal but we was told last week smoking on the premises that's including the yard and wearing no seat belt is a straight red card

No seat belt

12 Apr 2019, 16:29

Ciderboy1957 wrote:Caught red handed coming back into Depot , no seat belt on by manager .I hear it's a dismissal offence ?

Would you drive your own car, without wearing a seatbelt? I hope it doesn't end up with you getting dismissed, but what do you think you were gaining, without taking the few seconds to put your seatbelt on? :roll:

No seat belt

12 Apr 2019, 16:42

No idea , guilty as charged , usually do put it on

No seat belt

12 Apr 2019, 16:48

conduct code surely, maybe 2 year serious. dismissal for first offence is harsh.

No seat belt

12 Apr 2019, 17:20

Yes expected , already suspended , fear the worst if honest

No seat belt

12 Apr 2019, 17:25

have you been told its gross misconduct? have you been in touch with the area rep?

No seat belt

12 Apr 2019, 17:40

No haven't been told it's gross misconduct yet but suspended immediately and told letter will be forthcoming , I am assuming it will be gross misconduct , manager said he was contacting h@s for instructions / advice

No seat belt

12 Apr 2019, 18:12

Pillocks do this all the time in our office, I often find the seatbelt plugged in and wrapped behind the drivers seat first thing. All to save a few mins but it could cost them their life! Our DOM couldn’t give a monkeys anyway, they know full well it goes on.

No seat belt

12 Apr 2019, 18:23

Agreed , I have no excuses , probably looking at dismissal .,in current climate

No seat belt

12 Apr 2019, 18:38

I'd find it incredably harsh if you got sacked for not wearing a seat belt. Should you have done it? No, but we've all done it I imagine. Best of luck to you.

No seat belt

12 Apr 2019, 18:42

just been onto our area rep, he says if its a first offence you wont be sacked. you will be conduced for first offence with a probable warning of dismissal if caught again. if you've been caught before you probably will be sacked if you were previously warned. conduct should be used as a corrective not punitive measure. hope this helps.

No seat belt

12 Apr 2019, 18:55

Seat belt

what a joke
Manager moans about no seatbelt.
Put it on and round takes longer.
manager then moans about overtime.

yet again we cant win

Smiffy

No seat belt

12 Apr 2019, 19:21

2Shedz wrote:Seat belt

what a joke
Manager moans about no seatbelt.
Put it on and round takes longer.
manager then moans about overtime.

yet again we cant win

Smiffy

It doesn't take that much longer , we are talking seconds , that's an absurd statement.
It's the law of the land and Royal Mail expect their drivers to wear seat belts at all times ,even if the law says you have a partial exemption.
I don't care what anyone says , seatbelts save lives and you should wear the thing and not plug it into the holder just to stop the alarm either.
As for the initial correspondent on this matter, I sincerely hope you don't get dismissed ,it would seem a very harsh penalty, I think suspension is unnecessary as well.

No seat belt

12 Apr 2019, 19:47

Deny it. Ask them to prove it. They must have been mistaken because of course you did have your belt on. You care about your own safety. Naturally. You must have taken it off before they noticed.

Regardless of the "facts". If you take the above option and they have no evidence. They have nothing on you.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 6   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6