not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Duties to sign for

24 Mar 2019, 16:16

There's a couple coming up in our office, just after some advice I guess from those who have been around the block a bit.

There's two coming up I think I might get: the better of the two in terms of delivery time is in a rubbish area though. It's a quite notorious area, a few scum bags ect. Not the kind of place you're gonna be taking parcels to neighbours. The other duty is in a far nicer area, but as a result it's much heavier as people have money I guess. I gets a lot of catalogs, oversized and normal parcels. It's probably a longer delivery span due to this.

Is the nicer area a price worth paying? Or should I take the rough area due to it being shorter?

Duties to sign for

24 Mar 2019, 16:22

Nicer area!!! Delivering to rough areas sucks.I know this!!

Duties to sign for

24 Mar 2019, 17:01

I would go for the nicer area personally, especially if you're going to be delivering it everyday.

Duties to sign for

24 Mar 2019, 17:07

Nicer area definitely. Also bear in mind RM want everyone working their hours and so the shorter one could very well be increased in size sooner rather than later!

Duties to sign for

25 Mar 2019, 16:25

nicer area = bigger tips at Christmas :nana

Duties to sign for

25 Mar 2019, 18:51

nicer area, get to know the people, they will most likely tell you where to leave stuff if they aren't in or what neighbour would take parcels for them etc...

parcels take so long.

Duties to sign for

25 Mar 2019, 18:55

I'd take a heavier duty in a nice area over an easy duty in a crappy area any day of the week!

Duties to sign for

25 Mar 2019, 19:31

nice area EVERY TIME
youre spending a lot of time out on delivery, you may as well be somewhere you enjoy.
With the way most offices are going the people who come back early get to do other things in the end anyway. Plus booking excess or cutting off is still always an option if the duty is genuinely too big.

Duties to sign for

27 Mar 2019, 21:11

I'm thinking the same way as most to be honest. In terms of delivery points the duties are virtually identical but one is heavier therefore takes more time. Despite this I'm gonna try for the nicer area :thumbup

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1