not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Feel like I'm being diddled out of annual leave

22 Mar 2019, 16:08

I used to be on 28 hours and carried over 9 days holiday to this year. I transferred to another office now on 32 hours and they are saying because I work longer days than before I am only entitled to 8 days off. They are trying to justify it saying that a day off costs me extra hours / minutes now. This can't be right surely?

22 Mar 2019, 16:13

crouchy14 wrote:I used to be on 28 hours and carried over 9 days holiday to this year. I transferred to another office now on 32 hours and they are saying because I work longer days than before I am only entitled to 8 days off. They are trying to justify it saying that a day off costs me extra hours / minutes now. This can't be right surely?

I'm afraid so. We don't operate on 'days' off now. It's all in hrs and minutes. If you're office is long and shorts for example, a Monday BH in lieu, will not 'buy' you a Wednesday or Thursday off, just as an example. Sorry.

22 Mar 2019, 18:15

rambo1 wrote:
crouchy14 wrote:I used to be on 28 hours and carried over 9 days holiday to this year. I transferred to another office now on 32 hours and they are saying because I work longer days than before I am only entitled to 8 days off. They are trying to justify it saying that a day off costs me extra hours / minutes now. This can't be right surely?

I'm afraid so. We don't operate on 'days' off now. It's all in hrs and minutes. If you're office is long and shorts for example, a Monday BH in lieu, will not 'buy' you a Wednesday or Thursday off, just as an example. Sorry.

A bh will buy you any day in our office

22 Mar 2019, 18:18

so it should reset in April anyway. But something doesn't seem right

22 Mar 2019, 18:57

This was brought into our area for the first time this new leave year (even though it seems to have been around a while) and
manager said although the leave is booked on PSP in hours/mins it won't affect how many days you get off......we'll see
when people start trying to book anything extra/carried over.....

22 Mar 2019, 19:31

Before you were entitled to 28 hour for a week off . Now you are entitled to 32 hours for a week off simple

23 Mar 2019, 13:56

Your hours need adjusting on the leave form you're being done over

23 Mar 2019, 20:29

arnold cheshire wrote:Your hours need adjusting on the leave form you're being done over

It's all done on psp now.

23 Mar 2019, 21:04

aiden01 wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:Your hours need adjusting on the leave form you're being done over

It's all done on psp now.

Ok well done

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1