not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Driving licence check on the pda

21 Mar 2019, 19:26

How important is this? Dim says it saves him doing it . It asks for driving licence number and if you don't drive it expects you to fill it in

21 Mar 2019, 19:38

Pretty sure the first question in the app, asks if you drive as part of your job.

Surely if you say no to that, you don't need to input your non existent licence lol

21 Mar 2019, 19:40

Murdoch wrote:Pretty sure the first question in the app, asks if you drive as part of your job.

Surely if you say no to that, you don't need to input your non existent licence lol
banned drivers might say they don't drive.

21 Mar 2019, 19:54

I've heard the union hasn't agreed to this so we've delayed it for the time being in our office.

21 Mar 2019, 20:17

Nucky wrote:I've heard the union hasn't agreed to this so we've delayed it for the time being in our office.

Seems CWU have agreed......

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=90182

"As part of our ongoing effort to simplify this process and make compliance tasks easier to achieve, we have agreed to introduce the new ‘Safe Driver Check Process’ and attached to this LTB is a Joint Statement between Royal Mail and the CWU that covers its use."

22 Mar 2019, 07:09

The final question is do you suffer with any medical conditions listed on the licence check poster, well who’s seen the poster my Dom hasn’t and he can’t find one either, you couldn’t make it up could you?

22 Mar 2019, 07:13

its only if you drive as part of the job
otherwise you put no :cool

22 Mar 2019, 20:21

max power wrote:its only if you drive as part of the job
otherwise you put no :cool

I do drive

23 Mar 2019, 10:33

Before I came to work for Royal Mail I worked for the MOD and was responsible for licence checks on all employees who were required to drive MOD vehicles. This request to check your driving licence annually is mandatory Required by Law. In a nutshell any company who require there workforce to drive must carry out a annual driving licence check, Royal Mail are carrying out a legal obligation. :cuppa

24 Mar 2019, 09:21

We don’t always have the same pda each day. Is the personal data safe on them?

24 Mar 2019, 09:36

CCpostie wrote:We don’t always have the same pda each day. Is the personal data safe on them?

Yes. The data gets sent to the central system once done, and doesn't get kept on the PDA.

24 Mar 2019, 10:22

greengiant wrote:
CCpostie wrote:We don’t always have the same pda each day. Is the personal data safe on them?

Yes. The data gets sent to the central system once done, and doesn't get kept on the PDA.

How does it get sent? is it encrypted?

24 Mar 2019, 13:43

I told my manager I would not be happy putting my license detail in the PDA, she said fine just bring your license in & she will do it the old way.

24 Mar 2019, 14:58

Are they going to stop people driving if they don't enter their licence details?

24 Mar 2019, 15:12

As it’s a legal obligation. I would say yes eventually

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2