not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

Polls cards con

21 Mar 2019, 17:37

Earned about £6 today delivering poll cards. Went 40 minutes over (busy day anyway) but can't claim the £6 extended. WTF?

Polls cards con

21 Mar 2019, 17:47

yes there is a thought , used to be paid for delivering poll cards,but no overtime was paid for extended delivery, due to this, problem was you got around 3 days to deliver all poll cards for your duty. best to try and deliver all on the same day, as any other busy days overtime as normal, providing you work until finishing your duty.

Polls cards con

21 Mar 2019, 17:49

deristrong wrote:Earned about £6 today delivering poll cards. Went 40 minutes over (busy day anyway) but can't claim the £6 extended. WTF?

At 3p per card that must be a small walk your doing?

Polls cards con

21 Mar 2019, 18:09

deltaforce wrote:
deristrong wrote:Earned about £6 today delivering poll cards. Went 40 minutes over (busy day anyway) but can't claim the £6 extended. WTF?

Actually it's 4p but being snowed under with packets didn't do many. The bloke doing my walk tomorrow thinks it's a good deal and will snaffle them up.

Polls cards con

21 Mar 2019, 18:22

If your overtime claim is due to the volume of mail then you can still claim the extended.
What was your traffic figure compared to model week today?

Polls cards con

21 Mar 2019, 19:05

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=73825

Polls cards con

21 Mar 2019, 19:18

deltaforce wrote:

Lucky getting all of 3p. Last time in our office we got 1.5p. Excellent negotiations to get us that hefty sum.

Polls cards con

21 Mar 2019, 19:29

kookoo32 wrote:
deltaforce wrote:

Lucky getting all of 3p. Last time in our office we got 1.5p. Excellent negotiations to get us that hefty sum.

Hopefully, you aren't trolling, but if not you are owed money:

1. The minimum payment for delivering election material will be 3p per item.
2. The maximum payment for delivering election material will be 6.6p per item

Polls cards con

21 Mar 2019, 20:00

Can someone explain getting paid for election stuff? Extra to wages? Had no idea!

Thanks

Polls cards con

21 Mar 2019, 20:11

see my links in this thread for agreements and LTBs.

Polls cards con

21 Mar 2019, 20:20

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
kookoo32 wrote:
deltaforce wrote:

Hopefully, you aren't trolling, but if not you are owed money:

1. The minimum payment for delivering election material will be 3p per item.
2. The maximum payment for delivering election material will be 6.6p per item

No not trolling at all. I had a feeling we were being shafted at the time. Our poll cards weren't counted either. They gave us an average of - I can't remember if it was 1 or 2 - per house. They manage to make a shambles of our election payments every time and tend to pay you the money for leaflets and poll cards altogether so you don't know if you are being cheated. Don't get me started on the lapsing duty's election stuff as that was an even bigger shambles. Plus we had a by-election not long after the local council elections and none of us got paid for the poll cards, we got 2 days to deliver them so not to incur any overtime.
Last edited by kookoo32 on 21 Mar 2019, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.

Polls cards con

21 Mar 2019, 20:23

Why is the payments different in each office? We get 5.4p each.
If you would have booked extended delivery anyway without the poll cards then you can still book overtime.

Polls cards con

21 Mar 2019, 20:33

I think you would be within your rights to forfeit getting extra payments for doing poll cards and insist on finishing on time. I doubt most will see that as a worthwhile option to them, so as far as booking extended, id guess that anything up to 30 mins could be deemed as caused by the poll cards, anything after that you could book extra for.

Polls cards con

24 Mar 2019, 20:49

If you have 3 days to do them, just go where you're going anyway, then book overtime.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1