not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Starting on time

14 Mar 2019, 22:34

I'm a newbie at Royal Mail as a part timer. I was initially baffled how me and my partner never finished on time and have left streets just to get a decent finish some days much to the disdain of the DOM. It's clear that we are part timers in the minority who start on time. Most start well before their start time. Thus not getting paid for it. In effect they are making us look slow, making walks look easier. An ultimate sting for RM - allowing workers to work for free while pressuring those that refuse to do so, whilst also promoting lapsing. Probably old news but not something they tell you about at interview or induction.

Starting on time

14 Mar 2019, 23:07

There will be a local agreement with area manager and area cwu rep that no one starts early.
The manager is turning a blind eye to this.
Your unit rep should tell him about people starting before correct start times and if doesn't stop this then theres a stage 1 disagreement getting put into area rep.
This is how royalmail is f****d.

Managers turning blind eye to this and there's an agreements in place to cover this scenario

And in the way forward agremant managers should be enforcing tea breaks as well

Starting on time

14 Mar 2019, 23:12

Why are people are still doing it. Is there really any benefit anymore? If you’re coming in early that suggests you want to finish early, but the same people who do it and have done for years are struggling to get done on time now.

Starting on time

14 Mar 2019, 23:14

Jpro CORRECT bud

Starting on time

14 Mar 2019, 23:16

Plus out the door before there correct start times and not insured to drive vans etc.
Until there correct start time.
If they have a crash then there gubbed big time
Last edited by Yamr1 on 14 Mar 2019, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.

Starting on time

14 Mar 2019, 23:19

Time for everyone to start at there correct start times let's get this company back on track and show them the correct hours we really work.
And then get the part timers made up to full time.
We all are the union.
let's stand together and not against each other.

Starting on time

15 Mar 2019, 09:52

I'm a newbie, was doing my normal 8am start, the guy I work with suggested I come in 15 mins earlier so I can do the redelivery stickers, the next day I did .. but spent those 15 mins in the canteen and still started at 8

He wasn't impressed with my sarcasm

Starting on time

15 Mar 2019, 13:24

Funny lol

Starting on time

15 Mar 2019, 14:31

how do they get away with having tea break 10mins after start time for part timers ,,, no one takes it

Starting on time

15 Mar 2019, 17:31

Jahpostie wrote:I'm a newbie at Royal Mail as a part timer. I was initially baffled how me and my partner never finished on time and have left streets just to get a decent finish some days much to the disdain of the DOM. It's clear that we are part timers in the minority who start on time. Most start well before their start time. Thus not getting paid for it. In effect they are making us look slow, making walks look easier. An ultimate sting for RM - allowing workers to work for free while pressuring those that refuse to do so, whilst also promoting lapsing. Probably old news but not something they tell you about at interview or induction.

Working for free before your scheduled start time and forfeiting breaks is a disease within Royal Mail and managers are more than happy to let it continue as it saves them money. Like you said it also enables managers to promote lapsing i.e. giving staff extra work to do

But what really doesn't remedy the situation are posties that are more than willing to help the screws out by taking someone else's lapsing and additional loops/packets as well. Especially if they are doing this "ghost overtime" and still finishing in their hours. :roll: :roll: To me they are the absolute worst types of posties to have in your office...the selfish, I'm alright Jack ones. The ones that are not in the Union but still feed off all the benefits that the CWU brought like higher wages and better terms and conditions.

Starting on time

15 Mar 2019, 17:45

Yamr1 wrote:Plus out the door before there correct start times and not insured to drive vans etc.
Until there correct start time.
If they have a crash then there gubbed big time

if your on RM business then your insured at any time as long as your 'on route'.

Starting on time

15 Mar 2019, 19:29

The OP is doing the job correctly and should continue to do so!!

Once or if AHDC is introduced this issue will be able to be more effectively controlled. We were told the union currently objects to the automatic element of the AHDC so it is being held up at the moment.

If posties come in early and finish early but still complete their duty hours but on a different timescale RM will only see that you have finished early. Certain people higher up in RM will spot this and there will be repercussions for any DO where this happens eventually. Everything that happens in RM is monitored in minute detail. It's a pity they don't put this much effort into advertising RM and chasing up more business!!

Starting on time

15 Mar 2019, 22:48

postslippete wrote:
Jahpostie wrote:I'm a newbie at Royal Mail as a part timer. I was initially baffled how me and my partner never finished on time and have left streets just to get a decent finish some days much to the disdain of the DOM. It's clear that we are part timers in the minority who start on time. Most start well before their start time. Thus not getting paid for it. In effect they are making us look slow, making walks look easier. An ultimate sting for RM - allowing workers to work for free while pressuring those that refuse to do so, whilst also promoting lapsing. Probably old news but not something they tell you about at interview or induction.

Working for free before your scheduled start time and forfeiting breaks is a disease within Royal Mail and managers are more than happy to let it continue as it saves them money. Like you said it also enables managers to promote lapsing i.e. giving staff extra work to do

But what really doesn't remedy the situation are posties that are more than willing to help the screws out by taking someone else's lapsing and additional loops/packets as well. Especially if they are doing this "ghost overtime" and still finishing in their hours. :roll: :roll: To me they are the absolute worst types of posties to have in your office...the selfish, I'm alright Jack ones. The ones that are not in the Union but still feed off all the benefits that the CWU brought like higher wages and better terms and conditions.

Well said.
Unfortunately many of the newbies see old hands starting before time and follow suit.
Your point on ghost OT doing lapse work and still finishin* before time is a harder nut to crack while I agree RM bosses only concentrate on the finishing time. It’s a delivery infliction that is an unknown problem outwith RM, generally speaking.

Starting on time

15 Mar 2019, 23:29

In a office I know of,
Person started 40 minutes early,
Went out 35 minutes before his start time and hit a pedestrian.
And the next day investigating team came in.
Postman has been dismissed starting before his correct time and not supposed to be out the office before his correct time.
Insurance and local agreement

Starting on time

16 Mar 2019, 15:44

Yamr1 wrote:In a office I know of,
Person started 40 minutes early,
Went out 35 minutes before his start time and hit a pedestrian.
And the next day investigating team came in.
Postman has been dismissed starting before his correct time and not supposed to be out the office before his correct time.
Insurance and local agreement

So what happened to the manager for allowing him ( and many other I suspect! ) to leave early?
If the guy has broken the rules and contravened RM procedures, why has this case not been highlighted nationally.
It's always been a one way street with delivery DOMs, so long as nothing happens untoward all is fine, if any s**t hits the fan watch them all dive for cover. Normally the area bosses do their utmost to protect them, unfortunately any corner cutting discrepancies by an OPG are upheld. Too many take unnecessary chances be it doorstepping or signing for recorders etc, only to be disciplined at best, or sacked. Ah, the lure of getting finished before time, an obsession held by the many not the few!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2