not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Doorstepping or not?

14 Mar 2019, 18:58

Customer receives packets daily. Rarely in. No near neighbours. Today, an open tub appears next to the door with a note attached saying 'please leave parcels here'. I didn't leave the parcels as a) unsecure b) open to the elements and c) it's still doorstepping. Is this right?

Doorstepping or not?

14 Mar 2019, 19:04

Get it in writing from the customer then you're covered.

Doorstepping or not?

14 Mar 2019, 19:04

Leave the parcel as requested and take a photo of the notice

Doorstepping or not?

14 Mar 2019, 19:21

olilew wrote:Get it in writing from the customer then you're covered.

It is in writing.

Doorstepping or not?

14 Mar 2019, 19:42

rubberbond wrote:

It is in writing.

I mean get them to write a letter giving you permission to leave their parcels and hand it in to your manager, keep a copy for your walk log as well.

Doorstepping or not?

14 Mar 2019, 19:43

number one wrote:Leave the parcel as requested and take a photo of the notice

If the "Safe Place" is crossed off on the PDA you can not take a picture?

Anyone not in 739 it & take it back - thank me later

Doorstepping or not?

14 Mar 2019, 20:18

Do not leave parcels unattended if the location is not listed as part of a safeplace on a tracked item, then it needs to be photographed. For general packages DO NOT doorstep, is this customer going to pay your wages if you lose your job ?

Doorstepping or not?

14 Mar 2019, 20:23

rubberbond wrote:

It is in writing.

The customer is the sender.
Might be difficult getting it in writing.

Doorstepping or not?

14 Mar 2019, 21:03

poolcued wrote:Customer receives packets daily. Rarely in. No near neighbours. Today, an open tub appears next to the door with a note attached saying 'please leave parcels here'. I didn't leave the parcels as a) unsecure b) open to the elements and c) it's still doorstepping. Is this right?

Quite right, it’s your call whether you do what the note says. If you don’t believe it’s secure (which it isn’t) then p739 and return to the depot. You’re covered then!

Doorstepping or not?

15 Mar 2019, 15:29

Others are right to be fair, you shouldn't do it; I do though. If it's as you say, a box or whatever. I just think is it any different from leaving post in those boxes you can just put your hand in and take it out? Or leaving stuff in a porch? The call is yours; you are obviously taking a risk though.

Doorstepping or not?

15 Mar 2019, 16:09

dont leave it, get the recipient to complain then the company has it in writing they want it leaving there.

Doorstepping or not?

15 Mar 2019, 17:09

poolcued wrote:Customer receives packets daily. Rarely in. No near neighbours. Today, an open tub appears next to the door with a note attached saying 'please leave parcels here'. I didn't leave the parcels as a) unsecure b) open to the elements and c) it's still doorstepping. Is this right?

Of course your taking as gospel that they wrote the said note and it’s not a scam.

Doorstepping or not?

15 Mar 2019, 17:15

I know our PDAs can take photos to show that the item is left in a 'safe place' but I do question how safe an open tub next to a door with a clear message stating 'please parcels here' is. Why not just advertise it to the world??

When I see kids walking round the estate with carrier bags trying to flog stuff that they have nicked from the shop, leaving parcels in 'safe places' is the last thing on my mind.

Doorstepping or not?

15 Mar 2019, 18:53

Look, all the notes in the world aren't going to save your sorry arses if something goes missing. Anyone ever had a manger countersign one of these fabled 'permission slips'? Nope, as the agreement is between you and the recipient, not the person who paid RM to deliver it safely. Your recipent is probably of the opinion that if something goes walkies, they'll be able to get another one FOC from the sender who in turn will want to know who left the goods in an unlocked box open to the elements.

If the safe place isn't safe, the buck stops with you. As if the job isn't hard enough...

Doorstepping or not?

16 Mar 2019, 17:54

As a cover duty, makes me laugh when recipients sellotape a scrap of paper on the outside of the door for every local toerag to read
that says 'Put parcels in....xxxxx' and then a few days later duty holder says 'I've had Mrs Smith complain you didn't leave parcel in bin' and
I say 'Yep that was me!!' , cue much huffing and puffing as duty holder sees Xmas tip going down......

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2