not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Rumour

12 Mar 2019, 13:40

Has anyone else heard the rumour going round that RM will be going Monday to Friday ?
Think it’s a load of rubbish tbh but just wondering if any one else has heard it.
Thanks

Rumour

12 Mar 2019, 13:58

This gets repeated on these boards virtually every week - my simple understanding is that to change the USO requires a change
in law ie the Postal Services Act 2011 - don't think this is going to happen very soon - parliament can't even get Brexit done and they've
known about it for over two years, we're still waiting for the CDC Pension legislation and that's been going for over a year - don't hold your
breath.

It just gives people something to talk about and give the impression that they're 'in the know' or managers to make people
nervous about their jobs - 'So get on with that lapsing underlings or you'll be out of a job!!'.........

Rumour

12 Mar 2019, 15:26

enzio1272 wrote:Has anyone else heard the rumour going round that RM will be going Monday to Friday ?
Think it’s a load of rubbish tbh but just wondering if any one else has heard it.
Thanks

Who's your source? Who's their source? What have you heard?

This gets banded about from time to time but it doesn't seem to make any logical sense what so ever. It is never supported by any evidence what so ever nor with good argument for the case.

Rumour

12 Mar 2019, 16:12

Personally I think the letters side of the business will see a reduction in the days they're delivered on in the course of time, as the volumes decrease. That could be 5 days a week or even 3 – half of walks going out mon/wed/fri and the other half tue/thur/sat. With perhaps firms still going out every day.

As far as I know, for any modification like that to happen the USO would need to be changed and that isn't up for negotiation until 2022. So unless RM find some way of working around it, talk of changes happening in the near future are premature.

I'm sure the CWU would have something to say about it too, as the USO protects jobs.

Rumour

12 Mar 2019, 17:43

:arrrghhh Hi and welcome to the forum :arrrghhh

Rumour

12 Mar 2019, 18:03

According to sky sources if we go to five days it would likely be a tuesday ouch

Rumour

12 Mar 2019, 18:57

Lapzio wrote:According to sky sources if we go to five days it would likely be a tuesday ouch

And how would that work with firms and schools etc.that would expect a delivery . Saturday is the only day that makes sense if this were ever going to happen and they could still provide a skeleton service for specials and tracked.

Rumour

12 Mar 2019, 19:34

I would love to never have to work a Saturday EVER, but.... I don't think that will EVER happen.....

Rumour

12 Mar 2019, 20:07

Having a day off mid week is the best,great for going places that at weekends are full of screaming kids :dance

Rumour

12 Mar 2019, 20:46

Lapzio wrote:According to sky sources if we go to five days it would likely be a tuesday ouch

Why would sky say that,?

Rumour

13 Mar 2019, 11:14

Theres more chance we will goto weekend working even Sundays especially as Amazon do it already. We do it already with the Sunday Hubs but RM might expand it further with Sunday full deliveries

Rumour

13 Mar 2019, 11:28

rainbowwarrior72 wrote:Theres more chance we will goto weekend working even Sundays especially as Amazon do it already. We do it already with the Sunday Hubs but RM might expand it further with Sunday full deliveries

Don't think letters and flats would ever be Sundays as well, certainly packets, Tracked and specials will eventually end up being 7 days a week

Rumour

13 Mar 2019, 15:16

Ren Hoëk wrote:
enzio1272 wrote:Has anyone else heard the rumour going round that RM will be going Monday to Friday ?
Thanks

This gets banded about from time to time but it doesn't seem to make any logical sense what so ever. It is never supported by any evidence what so ever nor with good argument for the case.

Think it comes from Isle of Man where this is happening

Rumour

13 Mar 2019, 15:22

postmanzach wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:
Thanks

Think it comes from Isle of Man where this is happening

Jeez. I certainly wouldn't be using the isle of man as an indicator for operations in Britain.

Rumour

13 Mar 2019, 21:47

No.. but perhaps it does make sense to get rid of delivery of letters 6 days a week, do parcels 7 days and letters 3 or 4x

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2