not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

28 Jun 2019, 20:48

Just to confirm that Royal Mail’s parcel Separation Strategy removes parcels formatted 3 & 4 above shoe box size and Tracked 1 & 2.

28 Jun 2019, 22:36

Martin Walsh wrote:Just to confirm that Royal Mail’s parcel Separation Strategy removes parcels formatted 3 & 4 above shoe box size and Tracked 1 & 2.

If it's just the smaller Tracked going over to the LAT hubs it's not going to make that much difference to DOs as there's quite a bit more larger Tracked than there is normal parcels. Have RM confirmed yet what they meant by "next day" stuff going to the LAT hubs?

30 Jun 2019, 09:03

Martin Walsh wrote:Just to confirm that Royal Mail’s parcel Separation Strategy removes parcels formatted 3 & 4 above shoe box size and Tracked 1 & 2.

I'm not quite sure what the term "Tracked 1 & 2" covers so I asked our cover DOM yesterday but maybe because he is fairly new he had no idea. So my question is what exactly are "Tracked 1 & 2" ? Do the numbers 1 & 2 refer to first & second class or 24 & 48 hour or do the numbers refer to the size of the item? If the numbers do refer to the size of the items then doesn't it seem a little daft to be moving small items to the LAT hubs when the primary objective was to take the largest items away from the, currently, primary RM delivery service ?

30 Jun 2019, 10:49

Or what he means is all 3 and 4 (including Tracked therefore) and all small Tracked as well.
Who knows?
It would help if people realised their target audience doesn't necessarily speak RM/CWU jargon as fluently as those who use it every day.

30 Jun 2019, 12:48

Celgar wrote:

I'm not quite sure what the term "Tracked 1 & 2" covers so I asked our cover DOM yesterday but maybe because he is fairly new he had no idea. So my question is what exactly are "Tracked 1 & 2" ? Do the numbers 1 & 2 refer to first & second class or 24 & 48 hour or do the numbers refer to the size of the item? If the numbers do refer to the size of the items then doesn't it seem a little daft to be moving small items to the LAT hubs when the primary objective was to take the largest items away from the, currently, primary RM delivery service ?

clashcityrocker wrote:Or what he means is all 3 and 4 (including Tracked therefore) and all small Tracked as well.
Who knows?
It would help if people realised their target audience doesn't necessarily speak RM/CWU jargon as fluently as those who use it every day.

With the videos during WTL it hasn't mentioned any particular format/size Tracked so it's got to be all the Tracked

30 Jun 2019, 18:46

I’ve not read most of these pages but we’ve been told it’s coming in, in the next 6 months :shock:

30 Jun 2019, 21:38

paul2011 wrote:I’ve not read most of these pages but we’ve been told it’s coming in, in the next 6 months :shock:

In the New Year (once Xmas Pressure is over with) perhaps?

30 Jun 2019, 21:53

paul2011 wrote:I’ve not read most of these pages but we’ve been told it’s coming in, in the next 6 months :shock:

I would think the new parcels strategy has to be trialled first in a number of different locations if it is possible to do that.
I have lost track of time on this but there was going to be a month of negotiation on this issue between the CWU & RM. If that comes to no conclusion then there is supposed to be a month of mediation talks with a third party. If no conclusion after that it goes to ballot for national industrial action. Where are we at on this time frame ?
I haven't heard or read anywhere yet that the proposal has been given approval.

01 Jul 2019, 01:56

It's a 5 year plan.

01 Jul 2019, 09:54

All Divisional Reps and Postal Executive Members were given a presentation by Achim Dunwald second in charge to Reco and his team and this involved Mckinseys consultants who developed the 5 year strategy.

They confirm all parcels wider or big than shoes box size and also smaller tracked 1 & 2 smaller tracked were in the Separation from normal deliveries strategy.

National talks are on going. Whilst Royal Mail wants to trials as soon as possible , parcel automation will not be deployed in the Warrington parcel hub until late 2020

01 Jul 2019, 10:28

Martin Walsh wrote:All Divisional Reps and Postal Executive Members were given a presentation by Achim Dunwald second in charge to Reco and his team and this involved Mckinseys consultants who developed the 5 year strategy.

They confirm all parcels wider or big than shoes box size and also smaller tracked 1 & 2 smaller tracked were in the Separation from normal deliveries strategy.

National talks are on going. Whilst Royal Mail wants to trials as soon as possible , parcel automation will not be deployed in the Warrington parcel hub until late 2020

What will happen to any that slip through the net and end of at the inward MC? Will the inward MC have to send them to the hubs or to the DOs that they'd be proper to?

03 Jul 2019, 07:37

So jobs to go within a year ?

03 Jul 2019, 21:50

antcpfc wrote:

So jobs to go within a year ?

Negotiations are ongoing so we have to wait and see essentially. The new parcel strategy goes against everything we have done before. It is clear where they are heading with this and our DOM could immediately see the direction of travel.
A two tier workforce and a massive surge in amalgamation of DOs. Eventually the new tier with poor 'amazon' style working conditions will be retained and we will be dropped over time. Whether RM can get away with this I wouldn't like to say.

04 Jul 2019, 07:55

I feel sorry for the younger posties. The job for all its faults has given me a reasonable living for 34 years but I think the job is now on a downward spiral . If you are young enough go and learn a trade at night school. I wish I had. :Boo hoo!

04 Jul 2019, 19:33

Who cares come in on time take your breaks and don't rush round like a lunatic on rocket fuel you have a finish time

Previous page Next page

Page 16 of 17   1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17