not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

23 Apr 2019, 16:32

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:
Celgar wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:One thing that's not been confirmed (afaik) is if Tracked will be covered by this (and what size range) and if any SDs will be covered by it as well

Yes it definitely will include the tracked parcels as well.


No it won't.
At the moment the plan is to remove 3&4 from the network, not tracked.

If it doesn't include Tracked then it's probably not going to be worth it, as what gets sorted as "large Tracked" is probably now way more then what gets sorted as "large parcels"


It'll be worth it if they can use it to justify removing 8,000 deliveries and the delivery members are too stupid to realise they're being screwed over...again.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

23 Apr 2019, 17:28

T
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 01:42, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

19 May 2019, 12:46

Woody Guthrie wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:
Celgar wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:One thing that's not been confirmed (afaik) is if Tracked will be covered by this (and what size range) and if any SDs will be covered by it as well

Yes it definitely will include the tracked parcels as well.


No it won't.
At the moment the plan is to remove 3&4 from the network, not tracked.

If it doesn't include Tracked then it's probably not going to be worth it, as what gets sorted as "large Tracked" is probably now way more then what gets sorted as "large parcels"


It'll be worth it if they can use it to justify removing 8,000 deliveries and the delivery members are too stupid to realise they're being screwed over...again.

The thing is if we went one wave of the css and took ten drive arounds off could be possible but for how long for the people performing the duties how long can they last in the job? some weeks others months or a few years may get 10 years at most doing 6 hour delivery sure nobody has thought the manpower shortage through the army cannot get staff anymore. They the power above don't care it's not our problem till it becomes their problem and it will bite them big time when sick goes through the roof cannot recruit replacements as people don't want part time job's and better paid job's with less demanding work loads it has been the happy time for RM management in that the recession of 2008 till 2018. Now the boot is on the other foot workers chose what they do and staff leave do other jobs less younger people they made the job too hard and they will reap what they have sown a thousand times over for their own greed and bonus culture!

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

19 May 2019, 13:03

k979aaa wrote:The thing is if we went one wave of the css

That would mean the current wave 2 going manual. One wave with the current wave 1 and wave 2 combined could only happen if deliveries started a lot later (minimum of 2-3 hours) than they do now

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

19 May 2019, 13:17

That would mean the current wave 2 going manual.


Already has in a lot of offices.
We did it to protect our start times.
To be honest outside of screwups it's farcical to run a sequenced wave 2 if the MC is hitting its targets of around 80-90% wave 1, wave 2 in our office is around 10% or 50 items.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

19 May 2019, 17:16

Was a proposal for bench merging or the 8 pocket jacket to put the second wave in as you go a round they did not think we did not have four arms and hands at the time though!

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

19 May 2019, 17:21

The bench merging idea was never going to work and everyone knew it. The current ideas they have in mind are possible to do which is the worrying thing.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

19 May 2019, 18:20

Which would be removal of large pkt/shoe box size and potentially removal 2 wave CSS could make an hours difference max.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

19 May 2019, 21:32

Woody Guthrie wrote:
That would mean the current wave 2 going manual.


Already has in a lot of offices.
We did it to protect our start times.
To be honest outside of screwups it's farcical to run a sequenced wave 2 if the MC is hitting its targets of around 80-90% wave 1, wave 2 in our office is around 10% or 50 items.


Completely manual or walk sorted? A few days the batch sizes on wave 2 can be ridiculously small to the point where it seems pointless even walk sorting it

k979aaa wrote:Which would be removal of large pkt/shoe box size and potentially removal 2 wave CSS could make an hours difference max.


If you look at RM's pricing list the packets above "shoe box size" shouldn't even be in RM's network in the first place, they should have gone through Parcelforce's network

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

20 May 2019, 08:53

SpacePhoenix wrote:
If you look at RM's pricing list the packets above "shoe box size" shouldn't even be in RM's network in the first place, they should have gone through Parcelforce's network

This is one of the things that I don't understand, why are Royal Mail and Parcelforce competing for work? You'd have thought that anything over a certain size would automatically be directed towards Parcelforce.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

20 May 2019, 09:19

Deadly wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
If you look at RM's pricing list the packets above "shoe box size" shouldn't even be in RM's network in the first place, they should have gone through Parcelforce's network

This is one of the things that I don't understand, why are Royal Mail and Parcelforce competing for work? You'd have thought that anything over a certain size would automatically be directed towards Parcelforce.

I think it's items over 30kg and large in terms of dimensions items that Parcelforce deliver. I don't see Parcelforce guys around very often nowadays especially as they appear to be in white unmarked vans the majority of the time.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

20 May 2019, 10:25

Celgar wrote:
Deadly wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
If you look at RM's pricing list the packets above "shoe box size" shouldn't even be in RM's network in the first place, they should have gone through Parcelforce's network

This is one of the things that I don't understand, why are Royal Mail and Parcelforce competing for work? You'd have thought that anything over a certain size would automatically be directed towards Parcelforce.

I think it's items over 30kg and large in terms of dimensions items that Parcelforce deliver. I don't see Parcelforce guys around very often nowadays especially as they appear to be in white unmarked vans the majority of the time.

Just had a quick look at their pricing, looks like they also have a max weight per item of 30Kg

https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-ad ... ts-parcels

Size and Weight Limits for Parcels
Maximum Weights

For sending within the UK you can send parcels up to 30kg. There is no maximum weight for a multiple consignment; however each individual parcel must not exceed 30kg.

Weight limits vary for international destinations. Please visit our worldwide directory to find weight limits for all of our international destinations.
Maximum Dimensions

For our standard parcel delivery services, the size of each parcel must not exceed 3 metres in length and girth combined and must not exceed 1.5 metres in length. Larger parcels (up to a maximum of 5 metres in length and girth combined and 2.5 metres in length) can be sent via express48large, our large parcel delivery service.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

23 May 2019, 21:11

Removing big packets is just the start.

Wait until Parcel force is disbanded saving the company a fortune, why have essentially two courier companies.

They'll also probably gradually feed in smaller parcels too when the machines can cope with the volume.

Deliveries will probably exist as the Whistl model in the distant future, bunch of PTers on bikes only serving dense urban areas working every other day.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy

24 Jun 2019, 20:33

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 01:42, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

28 Jun 2019, 07:47

Love to see this in our office ,90% of walks leave 2 to 4 loops everyday and never lapse. Until Royal Mail admit to themselves they need 20% more staff it will never work delivering letters,packets and parcels together.This probably rings true with most companies today,'GREED' is a disease,we've made it and its only us who can cure it.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

28 Jun 2019, 21:48

Just to confirm that Royal Mail’s parcel Separation Strategy removes parcels formatted 3 & 4 above shoe box size and Tracked 1 & 2.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

28 Jun 2019, 23:36

Martin Walsh wrote:Just to confirm that Royal Mail’s parcel Separation Strategy removes parcels formatted 3 & 4 above shoe box size and Tracked 1 & 2.

If it's just the smaller Tracked going over to the LAT hubs it's not going to make that much difference to DOs as there's quite a bit more larger Tracked than there is normal parcels. Have RM confirmed yet what they meant by "next day" stuff going to the LAT hubs?

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

30 Jun 2019, 10:03

Martin Walsh wrote:Just to confirm that Royal Mail’s parcel Separation Strategy removes parcels formatted 3 & 4 above shoe box size and Tracked 1 & 2.

I'm not quite sure what the term "Tracked 1 & 2" covers so I asked our cover DOM yesterday but maybe because he is fairly new he had no idea. So my question is what exactly are "Tracked 1 & 2" ? Do the numbers 1 & 2 refer to first & second class or 24 & 48 hour or do the numbers refer to the size of the item? If the numbers do refer to the size of the items then doesn't it seem a little daft to be moving small items to the LAT hubs when the primary objective was to take the largest items away from the, currently, primary RM delivery service ?

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

30 Jun 2019, 11:49

Or what he means is all 3 and 4 (including Tracked therefore) and all small Tracked as well.
Who knows?
It would help if people realised their target audience doesn't necessarily speak RM/CWU jargon as fluently as those who use it every day.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

30 Jun 2019, 13:48

Celgar wrote:
Martin Walsh wrote:Just to confirm that Royal Mail’s parcel Separation Strategy removes parcels formatted 3 & 4 above shoe box size and Tracked 1 & 2.

I'm not quite sure what the term "Tracked 1 & 2" covers so I asked our cover DOM yesterday but maybe because he is fairly new he had no idea. So my question is what exactly are "Tracked 1 & 2" ? Do the numbers 1 & 2 refer to first & second class or 24 & 48 hour or do the numbers refer to the size of the item? If the numbers do refer to the size of the items then doesn't it seem a little daft to be moving small items to the LAT hubs when the primary objective was to take the largest items away from the, currently, primary RM delivery service ?

clashcityrocker wrote:Or what he means is all 3 and 4 (including Tracked therefore) and all small Tracked as well.
Who knows?
It would help if people realised their target audience doesn't necessarily speak RM/CWU jargon as fluently as those who use it every day.


With the videos during WTL it hasn't mentioned any particular format/size Tracked so it's got to be all the Tracked

Previous page Next page


Page 11 of 13   1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13