not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Declaration of war.

11 Feb 2019, 21:07

number one wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
hero22 wrote:how can you do 45 hours overtime in one week on top of your own contracted hours ? 44k a year is bollocks

Ghosting
Coming in to do early sorting -2hrs
Doing a row of a walk extra -2hrs
Doing a full walk extra -10hrs
Working day off -10hrs
York of packets -3hrs
Collections - 4hrs
Working Sunday -5hrs

It all adds up.

Come April I will post up wage slips for all the non believers

Time taken on deathbed to realise 'i worked too many hrs'

About a minute.

Paid for and worked are two different things

In that case, get prepared for a big change mate, as that sort of thing ain't gonna last much longer.

Heard the same thing for 20 years

If every office was run like your corrupted place, royal mail would go out of business and you and all 130000 of your colleagues would be in the dole queue. Why some posties still don't understand that we are now a business which has to make money or go out of business. Your office by your description is probably running at a loss, and you think that's gonna continue? Really?

Nope, as I said earlier we are within budget

I bet you are - just imagine all the dosh you're saving your DOM by doing all that OT instead of employing more posties. Bet he/she loves it when
their bonus is calculated.......

Declaration of war.

11 Feb 2019, 21:12

Yep, win win all round then. Happy posties, happy DOM makes a happy place to work

Declaration of war.

11 Feb 2019, 21:47

number one wrote:Yep, win win all round then. Happy posties, happy DOM makes a happy place to work

and a genius rep who works wonders

Declaration of war.

11 Feb 2019, 22:04

aiden01 wrote:
number one wrote:Yep, win win all round then. Happy posties, happy DOM makes a happy place to work

Employed as a jackanory presenter prior to his life with RM and becoming a rep negotiating terms that May would dearly appreciate in Brussels. Dave Ward could do with some training tips from this master of improving the T&Cs to his members. How the unit DOM explains away the OT costs to his superior is a mystery to me.
This is certainly not typical DO budgeting experience that anyone else recognises, far less "happy posties" and a "happy " place to work. I do not believe it can be the Utopia he describes !!

Declaration of war.

11 Feb 2019, 23:13

tommyrep wrote:
aiden01 wrote:

Employed as a jackanory presenter prior to his life with RM and becoming a rep negotiating terms that May would dearly appreciate in Brussels. Dave Ward could do with some training tips from this master of improving the T&Cs to his members. How the unit DOM explains away the OT costs to his superior is a mystery to me.
This is certainly not typical DO budgeting experience that anyone else recognises, far less "happy posties" and a "happy " place to work. I do not believe it can be the Utopia he describes !!

He is in fantasy land mate.

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 03:58

tommyrep wrote:
aiden01 wrote:

Just because you might not be as successful as me in being a rep there’s no need for put downs

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 05:13

number one wrote:
tommyrep wrote:
aiden01 wrote:

Just because you might not be as successful as me in being a rep there’s no need for put downs

You must work in the biggest office in the U.K.

On the basis it has to fit your ego. :Applause

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 06:00

Chalky13 wrote:
number one wrote:
tommyrep wrote:
aiden01 wrote:

You must work in the biggest office in the U.K.

On the basis it has to fit your ego. :Applause

No need for bullying

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 06:35

clashcityrocker wrote: So ask yourself how the technology you are using actually works and then ask why it might not be as accurate as you think.

Definitely not an attack, just asking, maybe you teach me something; are you saying those apps posties like to wave around showing how far they’ve walked are not at all accurate and if so, why aren’t they? Just genuinely curious as to why.

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 06:39

TheTrolleyMan wrote:Bring on clockin in/out machines

I’m 90% sure this function will be rolled out vie PDAs; don’t ask for citation, it’s just hearsay. We’ll see if I’m right.

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 06:46

clashcityrocker wrote:2. Someone working 30 hours/week overtime is keeping somebody else on the dole. That isn't trade unionism. That is shameful.

Couldn’t the same logic be applied to anyone earning, say, over 250k a year? That’s a ton of people in this country. Surely that wage ought to be broken down, into separate functions, to drag more people out of unemployment?

We’re in a (warped) capitalist system, it’s dog eat dog, earn as much as you can and sod everyone else. There’s no place for empathy it seems.

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 07:35

LaggyBand wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote: So ask yourself how the technology you are using actually works and then ask why it might not be as accurate as you think.

Definitely not an attack, just asking, maybe you teach me something; are you saying those apps posties like to wave around showing how far they’ve walked are not at all accurate and if so, why aren’t they? Just genuinely curious as to why.

Sometimes Fitbit doesn’t realise you have gotnin a van and driving if you drive down a very bumpy lane. But then those days it says I done 20+!

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 08:33

LaggyBand wrote:

I’m 90% sure this function will be rolled out vie PDAs; don’t ask for citation, it’s just hearsay. We’ll see if I’m right.

Can't be, not every process in a MC uses PDAs. It might be just in DOs that they use PDAs as clocking in/out machines

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 09:20

SpacePhoenix wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:

Can't be, not every process in a MC uses PDAs. It might be just in DOs that they use PDAs as clocking in/out machines

Yes you’re right I was talking about where PDAs are already in use.

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 10:55

number one wrote:
tommyrep wrote:
aiden01 wrote:

I am not putting you down really, i have a lot of sympathy with your delusion, it’s just not the scenario I can comprehend in all honesty, compared with my delivery experience.
You must have your DOM over a barrel and I he is certainly not following the same hymn sheet as the others nationwide, as the many posters on here report on ! You say that your DOM is happy ! his remit must differ from others nationally.
It is too good to be true, and I do not believe you ! sorry but Santa does not exist in real life within the modern day RM.
By the way, high self praise is no honour ! If your Rep qualities and abilities are sooooo good Dave Ward needs you to get out there round the offices to pass on your methods and wisdom, it would be a great template for the other less successful Reps to follow. You do remind me of my early school days, where a lad was so convinced in his belief in continual exaggeration that he eventually needed therapy, poor chap. Your life experience with RM is not the norm, far from it, you better hope that your current DOM does not get punted soon, the replacement may not be such an easy pushover! and I would then love to hear how successful and good your Rep skills really are, - as you spout regularly on this forum.
No one likes a baw heed where I come from, simple fact over fiction always rules the day.

Previous page Next page

Page 7 of 10   1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10