not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Declaration of war.

10 Feb 2019, 20:04

Bring on clockin in/out machines

Declaration of war.

10 Feb 2019, 20:23

TheTrolleyMan wrote:Bring on clockin in/out machines

to right mate , ask number one he might tell you summat as he seems to be running his office and not the manager and he might know if this is coming in or not .

Declaration of war.

10 Feb 2019, 20:42

They can try and save as much as they like its pretty irrelevant really we all have contracts which have a start and a finish time so aslong as you work that there isn't a single thing they can do. Its really not hard is it? Go in do your job as per the national agreement gets to your finish time you go home. As posties we are NOT paid to worry about budgets etc :no no

Declaration of war.

10 Feb 2019, 20:54

worktotime wrote:
TheTrolleyMan wrote:Bring on clockin in/out machines

to right mate , ask number one he might tell you summat as he seems to be running his office and not the manager and he might know if this is coming in or not .

Loving the snide digs but anyway, clocking in and out machines have been mentioned over the past 15 years. Won’t happen due to cost and being pointless. PDA actuals show what time people finish so why do they need that information twice
Last edited by number one on 10 Feb 2019, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.

Declaration of war.

10 Feb 2019, 20:55

number one wrote: There’s also 21 members who will earn over £44k this year, whats not to like?

I am not sure it is actually possible to earn that much as a postie (especially outside of inner London) and still be within the limits of the Working Time Regulations.
And why aren't all those overtime hours being used to improve the contracted hours of your part time staff, currently on 24 hours/week?

Declaration of war.

10 Feb 2019, 21:03

clashcityrocker wrote:
number one wrote: There’s also 21 members who will earn over £44k this year, whats not to like?

I am not sure it is actually possible to earn that much as a postie (especially outside of inner London) and still be within the limits of the Working Time Regulations.
And why aren't all those overtime hours being used to improve the contracted hours of your part time staff, currently on 24 hours/week?

Only got 4 members on 24hrs and they want to stay on 24 due to childcare.
People work more than 30hrs a week overtime but due to only being allowed to be paid a maximum of 29hrs overtime in a week they then get it the following week. So if for example somebody did 45hrs overtime in on week they would carry over 16hrs then if they did 29hrs the following week they would be paid 29hrs plus their 16 carry over from the previous week
You all think it’s rubbish so I don’t even know why I’m discussing it with you

Declaration of war.

10 Feb 2019, 23:53

how can you do 45 hours overtime in one week on top of your own contracted hours ? 44k a year is bollocks

Declaration of war.

11 Feb 2019, 05:25

People work more than 30hrs a week overtime but due to only being allowed to be paid a maximum of 29hrs overtime in a week they then get it the following week. So if for example somebody did 45hrs overtime in on week they would carry over 16hrs then if they did 29hrs the following week they would be paid 29hrs plus their 16 carry over from the previous week

And the nonsense award goes to......

Declaration of war.

11 Feb 2019, 06:51

clashcityrocker wrote:
goldy wrote:I think we have to start thinking about]maximum walking distance.

First we need to realise that nobody is walking 13 miles/day.
It would take you over 4 hours of walking at a steady pace to cover that distance - never mind stopping at doors/waiting for customers etc.
So if we are going to start thinking about maximum walking distances we first need an accurate measure.

I did 15 miles Saturday, but that was a round and 7 extra bits of lapsing. A heavy day on a full time round in our office is a good 12 miles.

Declaration of war.

11 Feb 2019, 06:53

P!
Last edited by postmanzach on 11 Feb 2019, 07:34, edited 1 time in total.

Declaration of war.

11 Feb 2019, 07:02

clashcityrocker wrote:

It would take you over 4 hours of walking at a steady pace to cover that distance - never mind stopping at doors/waiting for customers etc.
So if we are going to start thinking about maximum walking distances we first need an accurate measure.

Are you a Dom or area management type?

Declaration of war.

11 Feb 2019, 07:21

hero22 wrote:how can you do 45 hours overtime in one week on top of your own contracted hours ? 44k a year is bollocks

Ghosting
Coming in to do early sorting -2hrs
Doing a row of a walk extra -2hrs
Doing a full walk extra -10hrs
Working day off -10hrs
York of packets -3hrs
Collections - 4hrs
Working Sunday -5hrs

It all adds up.

Come April I will post up wage slips for all the non believers

Declaration of war.

11 Feb 2019, 07:34

Thought 65 hours was maximum you could do

Declaration of war.

11 Feb 2019, 07:49

postmanzach wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:

Are you a Dom or area management type?

Neither.
Just someone who realises that modern technology has its limits and isn't afraid to use his noodle when something doesn't add up.
As a fitter than average person I don't think I could walk 13 miles/day in a 4-5 hour delivery span.
I know I couldn't.
I have worked in offices the length and breadth of the country and I have mapped my duties using map my run etc and even allowing a generous add on for the driveways no duty has ever come anywhere near 13 miles of walking. Not even close.
So ask yourself how the technology you are using actually works and then ask why it might not be as accurate as you think.

Declaration of war.

11 Feb 2019, 07:54

number one wrote:[
Working day off -10hrs

Come April I will post up wage slips for all the non believers

I am guessing you are on a 4 day week. so 2 x 10 hours/week for working your days off? Possibly 20 hours SA?

The problem for me is twofold.
1. The situation isn't sustainable.You must realise that. If you have members who have made financial decisions based on the assumption they are going to be earning 40k/year, they are going to be in the s**t.
2. Someone working 30 hours/week overtime is keeping somebody else on the dole. That isn't trade unionism. That is shameful.
And I know Dingo will bang on about the pound in your pocket not being worth the same in all parts of the country but unemployment is the same if you are in Inverness or in Croydon.

Previous page Next page

Page 5 of 10   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10