not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE




Declaration of war.

10 Feb 2019, 15:28

Pidleypoo wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
goldy wrote:I think we have to start thinking about]maximum walking distance.

First we need to realise that nobody is walking 13 miles/day.
It would take you over 4 hours of walking at a steady pace to cover that distance - never mind stopping at doors/waiting for customers etc.
So if we are going to start thinking about maximum walking distances we first need an accurate measure.


I can absolutely assure you that in my old office that most deliveries were at least 13 miles long on a good day.

5-6 hours long deliveries at the least where 90% of the office do not finish on time and lapsing was every single day because of staff shortages.

If everyone did the job properly ( I did and would leave loops everyday ) then add another hour or so to that number.

Some offices are an utter shambles.

4-5000 thousand new delivery points in 5 years didn’t help but nor doe no new deliveries.

Declaration of war.

10 Feb 2019, 16:46

Phantom wrote:
Celgar wrote: So now we have to go to war and 'work to rule', or do the job properly as it is otherwise known, to show that how we do it currently makes it possible.


So you haven't being doing the job properly and they've managed to strip hours out...………….Think about it!!!

The changes they want to bring in haven't been brought in yet and no one including the DOM thinks they can work. RM are saying there isn't enough mail to justify the time allocated to doing IPS. Currently overall there is some work being done unpaid so RM is currently on a winner in our DO but the manager who wants these changes cannot see that. The drastic changes they want to bring in will leave just four or five posties available to do the IPS so it can't possibly work.

Declaration of war.

10 Feb 2019, 17:10

The drastic changes they want to bring in will leave just four or five posties available to do the IPS so it can't possibly work.


They will try to make it work on paper and then when it doesn't work in practice they'll blame performance. One of the ways they make it work on paper is to "forget" certain tasks when populating the IWT so it's important that you make sure everything is accounted for on the Indoor Work Tool.

Declaration of war.

10 Feb 2019, 17:46

postmanzach wrote:Here’s the problem with Royal Mail, they
Pay overtime to people like me to clear up cut offs whilst people are going home early. I like the money, but it’s ridiculous that people go home early when there’s work to be do. Does this happen nationwide? Sure it does..

You hit the nail on the head. It's a ridiculous situation when part time staff are paid overtime to come in early to sort but then finish their own duties early yet still get paid the morning overtime. And the ones with duties that are impossible to do in the hrs get interrogated for going over when we are the most cost effective employees in royal mail, i.e we work every minute we get paid for.

Declaration of war.

10 Feb 2019, 17:53

number one wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
number one wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Celgar wrote:We are going to try and fight it but I already feel we are going to lose and that this is the end . :sad:

Get number one in as your office rep he and his colleagues seem to have plenty of hours to spare in their DO.



I would but busy looking after my own staff. Don’t hate

Your staff??? where have i used the word HATE??


Yes “my staff” the staff that I defend and look after day to day in my office. Our office is in budget, hits all our delivery targets. Job and finish is still in place, no lapsing and plenty of overtime for those that want it. Zero bullying and everyone enjoys working there. There’s also 21 members who will earn over £44k this year, whats not to like?

No lapsing. Office in budget. Most finishing early. Plus plenty of overtime? You lot are in for a very big reality check and wake up call. How is there overtime when people are finishing early? Isn't that what lapsing is for?

Declaration of war.

10 Feb 2019, 17:57

Celgar wrote:
Phantom wrote:
Celgar wrote: So now we have to go to war and 'work to rule', or do the job properly as it is otherwise known, to show that how we do it currently makes it possible.


So you haven't being doing the job properly and they've managed to strip hours out...………….Think about it!!!

The changes they want to bring in haven't been brought in yet and no one including the DOM thinks they can work. RM are saying there isn't enough mail to justify the time allocated to doing IPS. Currently overall there is some work being done unpaid so RM is currently on a winner in our DO but the manager who wants these changes cannot see that. The drastic changes they want to bring in will leave just four or five posties available to do the IPS so it can't possibly work.

Like our place. Not enough sorters as they are busy prepping other walks up. IPS is regularly still being done at 8.30- 9am.

Declaration of war.

10 Feb 2019, 18:05

rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
number one wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Celgar wrote:We are going to try and fight it but I already feel we are going to lose and that this is the end . :sad:

Get number one in as your office rep he and his colleagues seem to have plenty of hours to spare in their DO.



I would but busy looking after my own staff. Don’t hate

Your staff??? where have i used the word HATE??


Yes “my staff” the staff that I defend and look after day to day in my office. Our office is in budget, hits all our delivery targets. Job and finish is still in place, no lapsing and plenty of overtime for those that want it. Zero bullying and everyone enjoys working there. There’s also 21 members who will earn over £44k this year, whats not to like?

No lapsing. Office in budget. Most finishing early. Plus plenty of overtime? You lot are in for a very big reality check and wake up call. How is there overtime when people are finishing early? Isn't that what lapsing is for?

Think its a wind up rambo1 although numberone is very confident in his ability as a rep.

Declaration of war.

10 Feb 2019, 18:27

Genuinely not a wind up but I don’t really care what others think. Yes I am confident in my ability to motivate staff and make sure we all stick together when proposals are suggested. If we don’t like them or agree to them then they don’t get implemented

Declaration of war.

10 Feb 2019, 18:48

aiden01 wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
number one wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Celgar wrote:We are going to try and fight it but I already feel we are going to lose and that this is the end . :sad:

Get number one in as your office rep he and his colleagues seem to have plenty of hours to spare in their DO.



I would but busy looking after my own staff. Don’t hate

Your staff??? where have i used the word HATE??


Yes “my staff” the staff that I defend and look after day to day in my office. Our office is in budget, hits all our delivery targets. Job and finish is still in place, no lapsing and plenty of overtime for those that want it. Zero bullying and everyone enjoys working there. There’s also 21 members who will earn over £44k this year, whats not to like?

No lapsing. Office in budget. Most finishing early. Plus plenty of overtime? You lot are in for a very big reality check and wake up call. How is there overtime when people are finishing early? Isn't that what lapsing is for?

Think its a wind up rambo1 although numberone is very confident in his ability as a rep.

sounds like a bit of a wind up to be honest or maybe a manager ? overtime within your contracted hours isn't that fraud ? and the manager signs it off :crazy: that's even worse , it will all end in tears .

Declaration of war.

10 Feb 2019, 19:06

Not this whole boring fraud debate again! It’s tiresome, not fraud so get over it

Declaration of war.

10 Feb 2019, 19:08

:confused
worktotime wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
number one wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Celgar wrote:We are going to try and fight it but I already feel we are going to lose and that this is the end . :sad:

Get number one in as your office rep he and his colleagues seem to have plenty of hours to spare in their DO.



I would but busy looking after my own staff. Don’t hate

Your staff??? where have i used the word HATE??


Yes “my staff” the staff that I defend and look after day to day in my office. Our office is in budget, hits all our delivery targets. Job and finish is still in place, no lapsing and plenty of overtime for those that want it. Zero bullying and everyone enjoys working there. There’s also 21 members who will earn over £44k this year, whats not to like?

No lapsing. Office in budget. Most finishing early. Plus plenty of overtime? You lot are in for a very big reality check and wake up call. How is there overtime when people are finishing early? Isn't that what lapsing is for?

Think its a wind up rambo1 although numberone is very confident in his ability as a rep.

sounds like a bit of a wind up to be honest or maybe a manager ? overtime within your contracted hours isn't that fraud ? and the manager signs it off :crazy: that's even worse , it will all end in tears .

Didnt want to say the manager bit lol

Declaration of war.

10 Feb 2019, 19:23

number one wrote:Not this whole boring fraud debate again! It’s tiresome, not fraud so get over it

what is it then please explain this , im sure o/t is over your contracted working hours or am I wrong , please explain this as top rep in your office as the powers above in the cwu say different.

Declaration of war.

10 Feb 2019, 19:48

number one wrote:
P13 wrote:
number one wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
number one wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Celgar wrote:We are going to try and fight it but I already feel we are going to lose and that this is the end . :sad:

Get number one in as your office rep he and his colleagues seem to have plenty of hours to spare in their DO.



I would but busy looking after my own staff. Don’t hate

Your staff??? where have i used the word HATE??


Yes “my staff” the staff that I defend and look after day to day in my office. Our office is in budget, hits all our delivery targets. Job and finish is still in place, no lapsing and plenty of overtime for those that want it. Zero bullying and everyone enjoys working there. There’s also 21 members who will earn over £44k this year, whats not to like?

Do you and "your staff" use the mandatory equipment for example lightweight trolleys


Nope, the odd one or two do


What a surprise lol

Declaration of war.

10 Feb 2019, 19:58

jd9442 wrote:
number one wrote:
P13 wrote:
number one wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
number one wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Celgar wrote:We are going to try and fight it but I already feel we are going to lose and that this is the end . :sad:

Get number one in as your office rep he and his colleagues seem to have plenty of hours to spare in their DO.



I would but busy looking after my own staff. Don’t hate

Your staff??? where have i used the word HATE??


Yes “my staff” the staff that I defend and look after day to day in my office. Our office is in budget, hits all our delivery targets. Job and finish is still in place, no lapsing and plenty of overtime for those that want it. Zero bullying and everyone enjoys working there. There’s also 21 members who will earn over £44k this year, whats not to like?

Do you and "your staff" use the mandatory equipment for example lightweight trolleys


Nope, the odd one or two do


What a surprise lol

fantasy island me thinks .

Declaration of war.

10 Feb 2019, 20:03

number one wrote:Not this whole boring fraud debate again! It’s tiresome, not fraud so get over it


You a top notch lawyer as well as a rep?

Previous page Next page


Page 4 of 10   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10