not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Declaration of war.

08 Feb 2019, 23:11

yellowbelly wrote:
Celgar wrote:We are going to try and fight it but I already feel we are going to lose and that this is the end . :sad:

But according to your posting history apparently you (and/or your office) have been working unpaid O/T for quite some time. Perhaps you should have 'worked to rule'
before getting to this point..........

:Applause :Applause

Declaration of war.

08 Feb 2019, 23:21

its simple start on time , take your breaks , use the methods lwts etc and give them jack s**t for free ,and they have probably been looking at the pda data and if you have people finishing 1-2 hours before there time and that's there savings , will it ever sink in :crazy:

Declaration of war.

09 Feb 2019, 06:04

Come October, our working hours for full timers will be cut by one hour. That cut of one hour equates to roughly a 3% cut.

This is less to do with PDA actuals (is anyone really niave enough to believe RM will use that data to increase its costs?) and much more to do with the shorter working week.

Declaration of war.

09 Feb 2019, 06:26

The vast majority of savings plans remove hours from the indoor work plan.
They are implemented using the (agreed :roll: ) indoor work tools and have very little to do with starting on time, taking your breaks or the PDA actuals.
They input the projected traffic and it spits out the number of hours the IWT says you need.

The elephant in the room is that there are a lot of inefficient offices, sometimes down to staff not working to standard(smoke breaks, coffee breaks, Facebook breaks and the guy who just does laps of the office with 3 letters), sometimes because management couldn't implement a work plan if their life depended on it and sometimes a bit of both.

Declaration of war.

09 Feb 2019, 08:18

DGH wrote:Come October, our working hours for full timers will be cut by one hour. That cut of one hour equates to roughly a 3% cut.

This is less to do with PDA actuals (is anyone really niave enough to believe RM will use that data to increase its costs?) and much more to do with the shorter working week.

i never said they where to cut an hour off the shorter working week as that is suppose to be off the indoor work by less ips etc and more sequenced mail and we all know theres no change in that so if posties want to work for free that's hiding the real required time for the work , but r/ m will be using pdas to strip hours out of offices and that with be down to the time posties are finishing there not bothered what time you start , and when they bring in clocking in and out they will try to pay for your hours actually worked like any normal company do.

Declaration of war.

09 Feb 2019, 08:53

worktotime wrote:
DGH wrote:Come October, our working hours for full timers will be cut by one hour. That cut of one hour equates to roughly a 3% cut.

i never said they where to cut an hour off the shorter working week as that is suppose to be off the indoor work by less ips etc and more sequenced mail and we all know theres no change in that so if posties want to work for free that's hiding the real required time for the work , but r/ m will be using pdas to strip hours out of offices and that with be down to the time posties are finishing there not bothered what time you start , and when they bring in clocking in and out they will try to pay for your hours actually worked like any normal company do.

A shorter working week means less time to sequence mail so more will go manual, there's a low limit to the amount of mail that can be sequenced on wave two (including any rolled over from wave 1)

Declaration of war.

09 Feb 2019, 11:45

Our office just did a revision and had to put hours in. But I’ve been told the hours have to taken out of other offices to make up for our increase.

Declaration of war.

09 Feb 2019, 12:17

All you do is start on your proper time and if you don't want any overtime finish on your proper time. It's simple, theres nothing to argue about

Declaration of war.

09 Feb 2019, 14:53

aiden01 wrote:
Celgar wrote:We are going to try and fight it but I already feel we are going to lose and that this is the end . :sad:

Get number one in as your office rep he and his colleagues seem to have plenty of hours to spare in their DO.

I would but busy looking after my own staff. Don’t hate

Declaration of war.

09 Feb 2019, 15:11

Celgar wrote: So now we have to go to war and 'work to rule', or do the job properly as it is otherwise known, to show that how we do it currently makes it possible.

So you haven't being doing the job properly and they've managed to strip hours out...………….Think about it!!!

Declaration of war.

09 Feb 2019, 17:25

Phantom wrote:
Celgar wrote: So now we have to go to war and 'work to rule', or do the job properly as it is otherwise known, to show that how we do it currently makes it possible.

So you haven't being doing the job properly and they've managed to strip hours out...………….Think about it!!!

Haha, I think you've nailed it........

Declaration of war.

09 Feb 2019, 17:57

They're going to strip hours regardless.

PDA actuals won't help us as much as we might hope and neither will 'doing the job properly' (which I'm all in favour of, by the way).

RM are going to cut year on year and it isn't going to be pretty. But we basically agreed to it in the last pay deal.

Declaration of war.

09 Feb 2019, 19:40

number one wrote:
aiden01 wrote:

Get number one in as your office rep he and his colleagues seem to have plenty of hours to spare in their DO.

I would but busy looking after my own staff. Don’t hate

Your staff??? where have i used the word HATE??

Declaration of war.

09 Feb 2019, 19:51

Phantom wrote:

Again for the hard of understanding.
Doing the job properly doesn't make any difference when you're arguing against a savings plan that's based on indoor hours (as they all are).
The projected traffic goes into the IWT and it spits out the hours required.
We're dealing with a structural decline in letter traffic, we're seeing increased automation and we're seeing less feeds with later starts which are all reducing the indoor hours.

Not doing the job properly increases lapsing and lets management reduce costs dynamically, it allows them the scope to hit budget targets where otherwise they would overspend and it hides a multitude of failings but it DOESN'T affect the setting of budgets or savings plans. You can't set a budget based on something that isn't supposed to happen and therefore has no parameters in the IWT.

Declaration of war.

09 Feb 2019, 23:06

Here’s the problem with Royal Mail, they
Pay overtime to people like me to clear up cut offs whilst people are going home early. I like the money, but it’s ridiculous that people go home early when there’s work to be do. Does this happen nationwide? Sure it does..

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 10   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10