not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Declaration of war.

13 Feb 2019, 16:25

It's best to ignore posts by Number one if they irritate you and just read the more sensible posts. Not worth getting yourself aggravated. There are DOs near us where the walks are significantly shorter than ours yet nothing gets done about it. It's just one of those things I'm afraid. Some DOs are easier for RM to persecute than others. But if Dingo is correct we are all going to see changes soon. :sad:

Declaration of war.

13 Feb 2019, 17:44

fosal29 wrote:
number one wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
hero22 wrote:how can you do 45 hours overtime in one week on top of your own contracted hours ? 44k a year is bollocks

Ghosting
Coming in to do early sorting -2hrs
Doing a row of a walk extra -2hrs
Doing a full walk extra -10hrs
Working day off -10hrs
York of packets -3hrs
Collections - 4hrs
Working Sunday -5hrs

It all adds up.

Come April I will post up wage slips for all the non believers

Time taken on deathbed to realise 'i worked too many hrs'

About a minute.

Paid for and worked are two different things

I wouldn’t necessarily disbelieve Number One. There is an office not far from me where they can do 2 deliveries in their normal work hours and claim all the duty hours as overtime. They have a very strong union and ALL members stick together. They don’t accept change easily and as a result their rounds have hardly changed over the years. They have never lapsed and as far as I know still have a reasonably early Saturday finish and some even still use bikes. Managers don’t tend to last very long, usually off with stress after a few months then get moved on.

It's not just managers who bully then!

Declaration of war.

19 Feb 2019, 04:54

I worked at the DO in question for a year and said they need to work to the rules set out. But no one listened lots of people come in early no one takes their breaks and no one leaves mail behind. When I started leaving mail behind I got brought into a disaplinary for some thing I wrote on here!

This DO shoots its self in the foot. Some delivery’s are too long but there is also a couple that are way too short but none of the posties will say anything.

Declaration of war.

20 Feb 2019, 17:26

It's been going on for over ten years

Declaration of war.

21 Feb 2019, 21:30

Which office pays 10hrs for a walk?
if not the individual office, which region?
London are only paying 6hrs for full walks on OT,
I just moved out of London and its gone down to 5.30 for a walk.
So clearly we all need to move to the highly lucrative area that pays nearly double.
Please tell us

Declaration of war.

22 Feb 2019, 05:37

8ball85 wrote:Which office pays 10hrs for a walk?

If you are on a 4 day week then your average flat day is 9h 30.
So that is where 10 hours for working your day off comes from.

Declaration of war.

22 Feb 2019, 07:56

clashcityrocker wrote:

I think to be fair number one is claiming that he gets paid 10 hrs for delivering an extra walk.

Declaration of war.

22 Feb 2019, 13:25

Woody Guthrie wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:

I think to be fair number one is claiming that he gets paid 10 hrs for delivering an extra walk.

If you get 10 hours for prepping and delivering a duty on your day off, you would still get 10 hours for prepping and delivering a duty on overtime.
Although if you are being paid until midnight then you can't start work before 11am the next day.
I thought this was one of the things RM was going to get on top of.

Declaration of war.

27 Feb 2019, 10:07

postmanzach wrote:Here’s the problem with Royal Mail, they
Pay overtime to people like me to clear up cut offs whilst people are going home early. I like the money, but it’s ridiculous that people go home early when there’s work to be do. Does this happen nationwide? Sure it does..

That's standard in our office. If you question it the excuse is that those going home early shouldn't be punished for being quick. We're all paid for a full shift but they are rewarded for not doing the job right. It's not right.

Declaration of war.

27 Feb 2019, 19:00

jollyginger wrote:
postmanzach wrote:Here’s the problem with Royal Mail, they
Pay overtime to people like me to clear up cut offs whilst people are going home early. I like the money, but it’s ridiculous that people go home early when there’s work to be do. Does this happen nationwide? Sure it does..

That's standard in our office. If you question it the excuse is that those going home early shouldn't be punished for being quick. We're all paid for a full shift but they are rewarded for not doing the job right. It's not right.

This is such a complex issue. I can see both sides of the arguement, but i really do think that it must be accepted that everyone works at different speeds, and you will always have those that can do a walk faster than others.

Once all walks have been properly planned and signed off on by management and the union rep, stating that they have been designed to give all an equal as possibke work load, then it has to be agreed that some will finish earlier than others due to a variety of factors.

Personally, i am finding being a postman now an extremely hard job that leaves me at the point of exhaustion many days. My iphone app shows that im regularly walking 10+ miles on the 3 duties i cover, and climbing as many as 80 flights of steps on one of them! The other two are a minimum of 30 flights of steps. Waking at 5am everyday and knowing ill have to work basically as fast as possible for the next 9 hours straight in order to complete and avoid the huge stress of cutting off, is really effecting my mental health.

And our DOM talks to us as if we arent doing enough work! We are currently at full lapsing, and if we happen to get back early we’re regulary talked to as if we’re naughty children and given parcels or even loops to take back out. Its just so wrong. Im already anxious about the summer when no doubt more jobs will be lapsed to try and keep us out as long as possible- the thought of pounding those hills and steps for 5 + hours in the heat of summer again just breaks me.

One day we’ll all look back at this time in disbelief that so many of us have been made to walk such distances everyday, alongside the disgusting management so many of us work under.

Yet again while posting on here ive rambled on and gone off thread a bit, but its 7pm and im already more or less desperate for sleep in preparation for tomorrows 5am alarm.

Declaration of war.

27 Feb 2019, 19:51

matt_1983 wrote:and if we happen to get back early we’re regulary talked to as if we’re naughty children and given parcels or even loops to take back out. Its just so wrong.

It's the right thing to do, job and finish was axed years ago (Pay & Mod agreement iirc). If people are finishing early too often, higher up will just add up the total number of hours that the DO staff are finishing early each week, and remove them hours from the budget. Then everyone will just end up with more delivery points on their walk or more lapsing

Declaration of war.

27 Feb 2019, 20:18

SpacePhoenix wrote:
matt_1983 wrote:and if we happen to get back early we’re regulary talked to as if we’re naughty children and given parcels or even loops to take back out. Its just so wrong.

It's the right thing to do, job and finish was axed years ago (Pay & Mod agreement iirc). If people are finishing early too often, higher up will just add up the total number of hours that the DO staff are finishing early each week, and remove them hours from the budget. Then everyone will just end up with more delivery points on their walk or more lapsing

The right thing to do would be to work as slow as possible. It really will be that simple. Its like when the CSS machines break down and our mech arrives un-sequenced, its because the indoor staff have worked their hours and cleared off home. It will be the same on delivery, we will work our hours and be bringing all the extra delivery points and/or lapsing back to the office before clearing off home. I don't give a stuff about PDA actuals or how far staff have allegedly walked and how fast because this sort of tech like someone keeps saying is unreliable plus everyone works at different rates and there are different reasons for that.

Declaration of war.

27 Feb 2019, 22:02

postslippete wrote:

The right thing to do would be to work as slow as possible.

I thin the right thing to do is give an honest days work for an honest days pay.

Declaration of war.

28 Feb 2019, 06:19

clashcityrocker wrote:
postslippete wrote:

The right thing to do would be to work as slow as possible.

I thin the right thing to do is give an honest days work for an honest days pay.

Exactly!

To work as slow as possible could lead to the sack for wilful delay

Declaration of war.

28 Feb 2019, 07:46

SpacePhoenix wrote:

You say that and I thought that’s what would happen with PDA actuals, but it’s not happening in our office. We got same town rounds coming back 1-2hours early every day where as rurals come back late everyday. If you come back over an hour early and there is work to do you should be happy to go and do it, you and being paid for it. Yet management don’t make it happen, they pay people overtime to do it. Makes no sense to me.

Previous page Next page

Page 9 of 10   1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10