not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 14:08

number one wrote:
Chalky13 wrote:
number one wrote:
tommyrep wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
number one wrote:Yep, win win all round then. Happy posties, happy DOM makes a happy place to work

and a genius rep who works wonders

Employed as a jackanory presenter prior to his life with RM and becoming a rep negotiating terms that May would dearly appreciate in Brussels. Dave Ward could do with some training tips from this master of improving the T&Cs to his members. How the unit DOM explains away the OT costs to his superior is a mystery to me.
This is certainly not typical DO budgeting experience that anyone else recognises, far less "happy posties" and a "happy " place to work. I do not believe it can be the Utopia he describes !!

Just because you might not be as successful as me in being a rep there’s no need for put downs

You must work in the biggest office in the U.K.

On the basis it has to fit your ego. :Applause

No need for bullying

Bullying? Certainly isn’t that.

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 14:37

LaggyBand wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote: So ask yourself how the technology you are using actually works and then ask why it might not be as accurate as you think.

Definitely not an attack, just asking, maybe you teach me something; are you saying those apps posties like to wave around showing how far they’ve walked are not at all accurate and if so, why aren’t they? Just genuinely curious as to why.

Yes I am saying they are not accurate - mainly I think because they work on triangulation and when it can't properly triangulate your position it makes stuff up.
If you talk to someone who runs marathons quite often the distance on their watch at the end is different to the correct distance. If you run through tunnels etc something goes wrong. Now when you are out on delivery standing at front doors, in built up areas and in blocks of flats I don't believe the technology is that accurate.
There used to be someone on this forum who claimed it was exactly one mile to the start of his delivery and he could walk it in exactly 8 minutes. I don't need any technology to tell me something is wrong because he couldn't walk an 8 minute mile.
I was going to buy a Garmin watch to measure the duties in my office once and the bloke in the shop told me it would be a waste of money because it simply wouldn't/couldn't produce accurate measurements for that.
So when people wave their technology about and tell me they are walking 13 miles every day on delivery I remain very sceptical.
Common sense tells me otherwise.

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 16:25

Bernardo Silva covered 8.5 miles in 90 odd minutes against Liverpool recently. Apparently that's a record. I used to do twice that distance in an hour at the 5-a-sides. They used to call me the Scottish Maradona on account of the serious drug habit.

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 17:24

number one wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
hero22 wrote:how can you do 45 hours overtime in one week on top of your own contracted hours ? 44k a year is bollocks

Ghosting
Coming in to do early sorting -2hrs
Doing a row of a walk extra -2hrs
Doing a full walk extra -10hrs
Working day off -10hrs
York of packets -3hrs
Collections - 4hrs
Working Sunday -5hrs

It all adds up.

Come April I will post up wage slips for all the non believers

Time taken on deathbed to realise 'i worked too many hrs'

About a minute.

Paid for and worked are two different things

I wouldn’t necessarily disbelieve Number One. There is an office not far from me where they can do 2 deliveries in their normal work hours and claim all the duty hours as overtime. They have a very strong union and ALL members stick together. They don’t accept change easily and as a result their rounds have hardly changed over the years. They have never lapsed and as far as I know still have a reasonably early Saturday finish and some even still use bikes. Managers don’t tend to last very long, usually off with stress after a few months then get moved on.

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 17:44

plymouth3 wrote:manager in my office thinks are are going back to posties and parcel drivers,

However he reckons a postie will deliver letters and postable packets for two walks on a bike.
A parcel driver will deliver packets for 4-6 walks.

If driver delivers parcels for 6 walks, that would also require 3 mail posties. So therefore 4 posties are delivering 6 walks instead of the current 6.

Big savings

That’s not going to happen :crazy:

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 18:05

I wouldn't necessarily disbelieve number one....

I would,
You only have to go through his early posting history before he reinvented himself as the flying overtime king of the CWU.
This is one of my favourites....

number one wrote:We are at breaking point!!!!!!! People booking extended delivery upto 2 hours A DAY. People asked to work their day off. Packets sat around for days at a time because we only have two packet drivers. Asked to work sunday onb overtime to try a catch up a little bit and are DOM has said he needs to take out 200hrs!!!!!! :shock:

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 18:10

Woody Guthrie wrote:
I wouldn't necessarily disbelieve number one....

I would,
You only have to go through his early posting history before he reinvented himself as the flying overtime king of the CWU.
This is one of my favourites....

number one wrote:We are at breaking point!!!!!!! People booking extended delivery upto 2 hours A DAY. People asked to work their day off. Packets sat around for days at a time because we only have two packet drivers. Asked to work sunday onb overtime to try a catch up a little bit and are DOM has said he needs to take out 200hrs!!!!!! :shock:

Can you add dates to that please. We’ve had 3 different managers since then and I wasn’t the Union rep at this time. We also had a revision last year where 5 duties were put in and it was agreed we would have early sorters in 2hrs early on overtime. We identified that the reason why people were going over was because of the time they were leaving. Now most days we have 15-30min IPS and people are ready to go at about 8-8:30

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 18:39

number one wrote: Now most days we have 15-30min IPS and people are ready to go at about 8-8:30

Apart from the 4 people on 24 hour contracts who don't start until 9.35.

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 18:44

clashcityrocker wrote:
number one wrote: Now most days we have 15-30min IPS and people are ready to go at about 8-8:30

Apart from the 4 people on 24 hour contracts who don't start until 9.35.

Yes correct, but one of these works in the callers office and the other 3 are on HCT duties close to the office. When then come in they go out straight away as everything is prepared for them. They do zero indoor

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 19:26

I couldn't care less number one.
If you feel the need to come on here telling everyone how great you are it's probably helping you to feel better about yourself and that can only be a good thing. Some people need that kind of validation. It's cheaper than those stupid self help books.
Try not to put others down though, that sort of thing is bad for your karma.

Namaste number one. :pray

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 19:36

Woody Guthrie wrote:I couldn't care less number one.
If you feel the need to come on here telling everyone how great you are it's probably helping you to feel better about yourself and that can only be a good thing. Some people need that kind of validation. It's cheaper than those stupid self help books.
Try not to put others down though, that sort of thing is bad for your karma.

Namaste number one. :pray

All I am doing is answering questions asked from people in here. It’s not about me or you. Just proving it’s not all doom and gloom as you would like it to be

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 19:48

number one wrote:
daveyeff wrote:
number one wrote:
hero22 wrote:how can you do 45 hours overtime in one week on top of your own contracted hours ? 44k a year is bollocks

Ghosting
Working day off -10hrs
York of packets -3hrs
Collections - 4hrs
Working Sunday -5hrs

It all adds up.

must be a hell of a busy office, even on a mon/tues/ and sat? :Very Happy

Far from it but that’s why it’s easy to accumulate hours and ghost.
Some people do 11hrs a day overtime.

early ips -2hrs
Half another walk 5hrs
Collection 4hrs

Plus depending what break they’ve had book some of that

far from busy....yet 100s of hours overtime booked?

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 22:09

How do you get 5 hours for half a walk ? We get 3. 5 hours.

Declaration of war.

12 Feb 2019, 22:15

daveyeff wrote:
number one wrote:
daveyeff wrote:
number one wrote:

Ghosting
Working day off -10hrs
York of packets -3hrs
Collections - 4hrs
Working Sunday -5hrs

It all adds up.

must be a hell of a busy office, even on a mon/tues/ and sat? :Very Happy

Far from it but that’s why it’s easy to accumulate hours and ghost.
Some people do 11hrs a day overtime.

early ips -2hrs
Half another walk 5hrs
Collection 4hrs

Plus depending what break they’ve had book some of that

far from busy....yet 100s of hours overtime booked?

Ghosting at the top of the list ? R u as a union rep condoning that?

Declaration of war.

13 Feb 2019, 06:19

10hrs to do a full extra walk??? BS!

Declaration of war.

13 Feb 2019, 17:25

It's best to ignore posts by Number one if they irritate you and just read the more sensible posts. Not worth getting yourself aggravated. There are DOs near us where the walks are significantly shorter than ours yet nothing gets done about it. It's just one of those things I'm afraid. Some DOs are easier for RM to persecute than others. But if Dingo is correct we are all going to see changes soon. :sad:

Declaration of war.

13 Feb 2019, 18:44

fosal29 wrote:
number one wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:

Ghosting
Working day off -10hrs
York of packets -3hrs
Collections - 4hrs
Working Sunday -5hrs

It all adds up.

Time taken on deathbed to realise 'i worked too many hrs'

About a minute.

Paid for and worked are two different things

I wouldn’t necessarily disbelieve Number One. There is an office not far from me where they can do 2 deliveries in their normal work hours and claim all the duty hours as overtime. They have a very strong union and ALL members stick together. They don’t accept change easily and as a result their rounds have hardly changed over the years. They have never lapsed and as far as I know still have a reasonably early Saturday finish and some even still use bikes. Managers don’t tend to last very long, usually off with stress after a few months then get moved on.

It's not just managers who bully then!

Declaration of war.

19 Feb 2019, 05:54

I worked at the DO in question for a year and said they need to work to the rules set out. But no one listened lots of people come in early no one takes their breaks and no one leaves mail behind. When I started leaving mail behind I got brought into a disaplinary for some thing I wrote on here!

This DO shoots its self in the foot. Some delivery’s are too long but there is also a couple that are way too short but none of the posties will say anything.

Declaration of war.

20 Feb 2019, 18:26

It's been going on for over ten years

Declaration of war.

21 Feb 2019, 22:30

Which office pays 10hrs for a walk?
if not the individual office, which region?
London are only paying 6hrs for full walks on OT,
I just moved out of London and its gone down to 5.30 for a walk.
So clearly we all need to move to the highly lucrative area that pays nearly double.
Please tell us

Previous page Next page

Page 6 of 7   1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7